Admission to West Bengal PG Medical 2018 will be done on the basis of NEET PG 2018. The West Bengal PG Medical 2018 admission will be under 50% State quota in the state of West Bengal. The counselling process will be held by the West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS). WBUHS will conduct the single common counseling for admission in PG Medical/Dental (M.D./ M.S./ M.D.S./ Diploma) courses in State of West Bengal. All the NEET qualified candidates who has the degree of MBBS can apply for the West Bengal PG Medical 2018 admission. For the second time management quota seats in the Private institutions in West Bengal 2018 are going to be filled up by online counseling which is to be conducted by WBUHS through the same online portal used for conducting counseling for WB state quota PG Medical seats 2018. All the candidates qualified in NEET PG 2018 are eligible to participate for seat allotment in Private Management Quota in West Bengal. Out of the State Quota PG seats in MD/MS Degree Courses, 40% seats will be reserved for Govt. sponsored in-service category. Similarly out of the State Quota PG seats in PG Diploma courses, 50% seats will be reserved for Govt. sponsored in-service category.
West Bengal PG Medical 2018
WBMCC will release West Bengal PG Medical 2018 admission details in Feb / March. General details of admission as per last year’s admission process are given here.
The process of West Bengal PG Medical counseling will begin with online registrations, after which the NEET PG state merit list will be released. The candidates in merit list will be allowed to submit the choices for the course and college. Then, on the basis of the merit and the preferences the seats will be allocated. In order to confirm the seats, the candidates need to report at the institute in stipulated time.
|Online registration and form filling by the candidates along with deposition of the registration fee through online mode||Mid week of March 2018|
|Verification Of Documents||3rd week of March|
|Post verification formalities by the authority||Last week of March 2018|
|Date of Counseling||First week of April 2018|
Application Form: The online application form will be available here www.wbmcc.nic.in
Please go through the eligibility criteria of your respective category before applying for West Bengal PG Medical 2018. The eligibility criteria for candidates falling under different categories are elaborately explained below:
Open Category Seats:
The eligibility criteria for applying in the ͞”Open Category” out of State Quota seats for the eligible candidates is given clearly on the image below. On its basis required documents are to be submitted during verification at designated centre (will be notified soon) as stipulated by WBUHS. Candidates who did their Medical Graduation from foreign countries will submit necessary document regarding Nationality and other criteria enforced by Medical Council of India.
Any eligible and NEET PG 2018 qualified candidate employed and posted in West Bengal as regular service for 3 years or more (cutoff date of eligibility being 31.03. 2018) in any organization under Govt. of WB (excluding Department of Health and Family Welfare) or Govt. of India or any Semi Government organizations may apply as Open Category candidate provided he/she receives permission from the employer to pursue the course. Otherwise such application will not be entertained. Availability of stipend to all such admitted candidates will depend on the employment status of such candidates certified by their present employer.
Govt. Sponsored in-Service Category seats:
Citizen of India who have been in Regular Service with the Health and Family Welfare Department, (WBMES/ WBHS/ WBPH&AS) of Government of West Bengal and eligible vide T.R Rules, 2015 are eligible to apply for State Sponsored Seats provided MBBS degree obtained by the candidate is recognized by Medical Council of India and such candidates are sponsored by Government of West Bengal. Issue of sponsorship and placement of trainee reserve is strictly based on TR Rules 2015 and subsequent relevant order issued by Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal. All the details are given on the image given below. (the image is from NEET PG 2017 given for reference)
Candidate opting for Govt. sponsored seat must be born on or after 31.3.1968. It is reiterated that candidate is not eligible if he/she is more than 50 years of age on 31.03.2018 as per provision of regulation of rule 3 sub rule (IV) of The TR Rules 2015.
Private college management quota seats 2018:
Any candidate within the State of West Bengal or outside the State of West Bengal who is qualified through NEET PG 2018 (examination being conducted by NBE authorities) can apply for the management quota of the Private Medical College in West Bengal. For that matter, the above mentioned Open and In-service candidates are also eligible to apply for the management quota of the Private Medical College (KPC Medical College Jadavpur). In the Private management quota seats of West Bengal 2018 the seat allotment will be done entirely based on inter se merit (All India NEET PG 2018 rank as published by NBE authorities) without consideration of any category, caste or quota. The fee structure of such seats will be informed to the candidates soon in the counseling website.
Open and in-service category candidates are eligible by default to apply for private management quota seats if they wish. No separate application is required. Candidates with MCI recognized MBBS degree not belonging to following categories are eligible to get Management Quota seats in Private College:
- Passed MBBS from West Bengal
- Resident of West Bengal
- Serving in the Govern sector for three years in West Bengal.
The Online Application is one time process. After the closure of the Online Application Server, further enrolment is not possible for Online PG Medical Counseling West Bengal State Quota and Management Quota seats 2018. Candidates qualified through NEET PG 2018 conducted by NBE and eligible to participate in West Bengal state quota online counseling for PG Medical seats 2018 along with the West Bengal Private management quota online counseling for PG Medical seats 2018, are hereby requested to apply for consideration of preparation of West Bengal Eligible Applicant List 2018 through online software system. The website for online application is given above.
The qualified and eligible candidate out of NEET PG 2018 will put his/her Testing ID and Date of birth in the online system. If the record matches with the result handed over to the State by National Board of Examinations then the candidate will be further directed to inform whether he/she wants to be considered in the Open category or in-service category. No change is allowed in the domicile status of the candidates and all MBBS passing state as domicile status of the candidates or the MBBS passing state are recorded by NBE as per the statement of the candidates before appearing in the NEET PG 2018 examination. Application in this regard will not be entertained at all.
The in-service Govt. sponsored candidates must indicate the type of service (whether WBHS/WBMES or WBPH & AS as the case may be); duration of regular service must be at least 3 years with the last date of eligibility being 31.03.2018. They must also have completed at least three years of rural service under Dept of Health and Family Welfare Govt. of West Bengal as regular service period by the last date of 31.03.2018 or must be otherwise eligible to apply for Trainee Reserve as per stated rules in The TR Rule 2015.
Payment of requisite fee
The qualified candidates through NEET PG 2018 who are considered eligible at this stage after filling all relevant details in online software through the website after submission of these details will be directed to payment system. The amount of payment of fees (to be announced) has to be deposited through online. The amount is non-refundable.
The online deposition can be done through net banking or credit/debit card system through an online interface, the link for which will be made available on the official website of West Bengal PG Medical 2018 in due course. The transaction ID thus received should be used by the candidate to complete the procedure of application. If the payment is successful the candidate will be immediately reverted back to the link for completion of application and generation of acknowledgement receipt (sponsorship form in case of in service Govt. sponsored candidates).
Verification of documents
The candidates after successful payment and generation of acknowledgement receipt/sponsorship form must now attend the verification centre on stipulated date/s for physical verification process. The open category candidates (see above) applying for WB state quota seats must report to R G Kar Medical College Kolkata during the end of March 2018 as mentioned before for physical and document verification. The exact dates for each candidate or batch of candidates will be notified soon in the website.
The in-service candidates must download the sponsorship form from the website and fill it as per instructions and make it signed and countersigned by the appropriate authority beforehand. They then must attend the respective departments of Swasthya Bhavan Salt Lake Kolkata – 91 during the same time as mentioned before for physical and document verification along with the documents. The departments for verification of in-service Govt. sponsored candidates are Office of the DD MERT, MERT branch for WBHS and WBPH & AS; Office of the DDME I, MES branch for WBMES cadres.
The candidates who are eligible for private management quota seats in West Bengal only, are not required to be verified at this stage. The will have to verify their documents if they are allotted any seat in a private management quota through online counseling WB 2018 subsequently.
List of Documents Required
- NEET PG 2018 Admit card
- NEET PG 2018 Rank card
- EPIC/Aadhar/Passport of the candidate or either of the parents showing West Bengal as address for proof of domicile status
- MBBS certificate
- Final MBBS mark-sheet
- Caste certificate as applicable [ fresh certificate for OBC, OBC A or OBC B candidates along with income of the family as on or after 5th December 2018 ( beginning of exam of NEET PG 2018)/where certificate is already obtained, income certificates of the family as on above stated date is required from the same authority who issued the certificate.]
- PH certificate if applicable (physically handicapped certificate issued in the format available on the official website from IPGMER Kolkata where the dates of PH verification will be declared soon)
- Internship Completion certificate for open and “private management quota only” candidates.
- Proof of previous Degree or Diploma (as applicable)
- Proof of Degree or Diploma if currently pursued where it is clearly indicated that the course training period shall be completed by 30.04.2018.
- Proof of indemnity bond (or any other bond as applicable) formalities have been completed for the open candidates who have done PG course previously or are currently pursuing such.
- Proof of TR related formalities completed within stipulated time for in-service candidates as verified from service book by employer (as applicable)
- Age proof for all the candidates
- For candidates in regular service and working in West Bengal other than Dept of Health and Family Welfare are eligible to apply in open category provided they produce ID card of present employment along with the EPIC/Aadhar/Passport of candidate as proof of residence and No Objection Certificate from present employer as stated in the image above.
- Acknowledgement receipt as generated from the website
- Payment proof (done through the official website between the given time
- For Govt. sponsored in-service candidates filled up sponsorship form as uploaded in website and duly authenticated after verification of service book by the present employer and/or custodian of service book as the case may be along with relevant documents of joining and postings in service under Dept of Health and Family Welfare with proof of regular service and rural service or specialist post service as mentioned in WB TR Rules 2015 for applicability of Trainee Reserver)
- Online generated Sponsorship form for in-service candidates generated through the website after payment of requisite fees. The form contains 8 digit spaces for unique sponsorship number. First 5 digits will be filled up by software automatically as per response of the candidates recorded. The last 3 spaces will be filled up by the requisite authority after verification of the documents. The sponsorship number is unique for the candidate and must not be shared with anybody. It will be required in subsequent step of online counseling.
The requisite authority if satisfied with the documents produced by the candidates who will submit their verification request through online portal of National Informatics Centre and such verification request should reach the WBUHS latest by the stipulated time and date. For further action on the part of WBUHS for finalization of Eligible Applicant List.
The eligible applicants list for state quota open category seats and in-service category seats and for private management seats will be published separately by WBUHS in the website in the interest of public service. Candidates whose name appears in the eligible applicants list such published will only be allowed to participate in online counseling.
The step by step counselling process for West Bengal PG Medical 2018 is given below. Give it a look to have a clear idea of the whole counselling process:
- Main Counseling Registration
- Only one time Exercising of Choices and Locking of choices
- Process of Seat Allotment – Round 1
- Round 1 Result Publication
- Reporting at the allotted Medical/Dental Colleges against 1st Round
- Process of Seat Allotment -Round 2
- Round 2 Result Publication
- Reporting at the allotted Medical / Dental Colleges against Round 2
- Publication of net vacant seats