Vardhman Mahavir Medical College (VMMC) is a government clinical teaching institute attached with Safdarjung Hospital. The medical institute is situated at New Delhi and runs under the aegis of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU). The college ranks #17 among all the medical colleges of India as surveyed by India Today. The institute is specialized in providing quality medical teaching in various graduate and postgraduate courses offered by it. For admission to the college, the admission process for different courses is different. For programmes like MBBS, the seats are distributed according to the counselling process of GGSIPU. Get more details about college, facts, course, admission process in the article below.
Salient Features of Vardhman Mahavir Medical College
VMMC is the part of the oldest hospitals established during World War II. Though the college itself established in the year 2001 and started its first batch n 2002.
Recognition and Affiliation
The institute is recognized by Medical Council of India and affiliated by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
Degree and Examination
Students completing the graduate and postgraduate colleges get the degree provided by GGSIPU. For admission, the CET/ NEET are accepted conducted by GGSIPU/MCC.
The building of the college is very modest, though the facility for the better education of a student is all available. The library has all kinds of medical books with access to internet facility.
Faculty and Department
The institute has faculty in multiple disciplines ie pre-clinical, para-clinical, and clinical disciplines. In addition to that, there are multiple departments from Anatomy to Community Medicine.
College Fest and Functions
The Nirvana is the festival organized by the college with great passion and zeal. The theme of the festival revolves around socio-cultural, literature, and sports festival. Not only medical students but also non-medical students from Delhi University, Jawaharlal Nehru University participates in the event.
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College Courses
The college offers many courses including MBBS, Nursing, postgraduate courses etc. The brief of each of them has been given below.
- D.M/ M.Ch
These are the postgraduate courses for which 5-year MBBS degree is required. In addition to that, one-year rotational internship before 31st March of every year.
For admission in this course, candidates must have completed the 10+2 from a recognized board. An applicant must have cleared NEET with a graceful mark.
This is the super-specialty courses available in 7 fields. There are 40 seats for admission in this college.
- Courses for PARA-MEDICS
Under this course, there are many vocational courses ranging from one-year to three-years. The minimum eligibility is completing the 10+2 from a recognized board.
- WHO Fellowship
These are the training programmes offered by different departments of the college. The minimum course duration is 4 weeks and the maximum is 6 weeks.
- B.Sc Nursing
This is the four-year programme with a total strength of 250 colleges. The first batch was started in the year 2008 with a batch strength of 150 students. This course is available only for unmarried female candidates.
- Post Graduate
Students can pursue MD/ MS on the basis of on the basis of merit of NEET PG.
For medical courses, there is no CET. Aspirants have to apply via NEET only.
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College Admission Process
Candidates must clear the exam required for a particular course. Then the counseling will take place to allot the seats according to the order of merit. Then the document verification, submission and fee payment take place for final admission.
Admission for B.Sc Nursing
- Candidates must clear 10+2 with minimum 50% aggregate and Physics, Chemistry, biology as main subjects.
- Counselling according to the standards followed by Vardhman Mahavir Medical College.
- Aspirants must have a minimum age of 17 years.
Admission for MBBS
- Candidates must have a minimum of 17 years of age and 25 years is maximum.
- Schooling from a recognized board with minimum 50% aggregate. Students must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and biology. In addition to that English as the elective subjects.
- Counselling according to the guidelines mentioned by GGSIPU.
- Seat allotment according to NEET score.
Admission for MD/ MS
- Candidates must clear the NEET SS examination.
- In total, the 50% seats are reserved for general category and rest are for other categories and Mangement Quota.
Admission for PG Courses
- For all the postgraduate programmes, candidates must appear for NEET PG.
Admission for Super Speciality
- Admission on the basis of NEET SS.
- The admissions are according to the government of India
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College Application Process
The VMMC through IPU takes admission via NEET or CET. For bachelor degree admission, it is necessary to appear for NEET UG. For the postgraduate courses, it is compulsory to appear for NEET PG
For all the programmes candidates have to fill the form of GGSIPU Admission. For the respective programmes, you have to fill the NEET PG/ UG score in the form. In addition to that, add other details as specified on the form. Add the details carefully as according to the data entered the order of merit will be considered to conduct the counselling round.
In the case of MD/ MS and DNB, admission is according to the government of India. Candidates need not apply to university separately.
The GGSIPU form is known as the Common Entrance Test (CET) Form for which you have to pay the application fee online only. The fee is around Rs 1000/- for all the students. Under any circumstances, the fee is not refundable. You can check all the information regarding application form and fee at www.ipu.ac.in.
Important Points to Note
- Keep a check on the official website for the last date of application process etc.
- Ascertain that you clear the eligibility before applying for the admissions.
- In the form, enter the CET code carefully.
- In case there is some mistake in form, then you can correct the errata by submitting the form physically with an additional charge of Rs 500/-.
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College MBBS Admission
In VMMC the MBBS seats are divided into Delhi and All Over India Seats. There are approximately 150 seats for admission in MBBS. Apart from the eligibility given above candidates who have done 10+2from outside NCT of Delhi should apply under “All India Category”. Whereas candidates who have school/ college from Delhi falls under “Delhi Region Category” as well as “All India Region Category”.
NEET Application Form Available from November 01, 2018 – Apply Now
Apart from seats reserved for Delhi candidates, the seats are also reserved for PWD and Physically Challenged. There are 5% seats reserved for PWD (horizontally) in every region and category.
For the admission, the scorecard/ rank of NEET will be used. Candidates must use the score these scores to take admission in the college. In the GGSIPU form, you have to fill the NEET Scores. Only after then you will be eligible to appear in the counselling process of the university.
The counselling at GGSIPU is organized in two modes ie offline and online. Candidates can appear in either mode. In the offline process, candidates must reach the allocated venue on the specified timings. You must take counselling fee, documents, and scorecard with you. the complete verification of documents will take place. Thus, carry the original documents along with photocopies attested by the principal of college/school. In the online mode, the scanned copies of the documents need to be uploaded.
After the first round of counselling, candidates have to reach the alloted college with the original documents. There the verification process will conduct again. Here are the documents that you must carry.
- Scorecard/ Certificate of 10+2 or equivalent examination. Applicants must have studied the subjects required as per eligibility.
- Certificate from the Board of High School/Higher Secondary Examination. It must have the date of birth mentioned.
- NEET scorecard.
- Migration/Transfer Certificate from the University/Board last attended.
- Category Certificate
- Any other document as specified by VMMC.
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College Cut Off
The cut off is actually released by GGSIPU during the counseling process. The cut off for different years is as follows.
|Category||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|Round 1||Round 2||Round 1||Round 2|
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College Fee Structure
The fees for VMMC is not very high. The fee structure for some of the courses is mentioned in the table given below.
|MBBS – 5 Years||Rs 1,67,500/-|
|MB/MS – 2 Years||Rs 82,000/-|
|PG – 3 Years||Rs 2,10,000/-|
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test is the national level entrance examination for admission in graduate and post graduate medical courses. Candidates can appear for either of NEET UG/PG/SS. The eligibility for each exam has been specified by exam conducting body. Form the year 2019, the National Testing Agency will conduct NEET examination.
- NEET takes place in offline mode only.
- The medium of the exam is English and Hindi. In addition with other 9 regional languages.
- NEET counselling conducted by MCC takes place for 65000 MBBS seats and 25000 BDS seats.
- Seats are distributed according to all India quota (15%) seats and state quota (85%) seats.
- In total
Before taking admission in VMMC, it is advisable that you visit the site of NTA, VMMC, GGSIPU websites properly.