The Directorate of Medical Education, Tamil Nadu is the counseling conducting body for Tamil Nadu PG Medical Admission 2018. The DME, was supposed to release a merit list on March 09, 2018, however, it has been postponed until further notice. Only those who have qualified NEET PG 2018 can apply for Tamilnadu PG Medical 2018 Admission. Interested and eligible aspirants need to download the application form, fill up the details, pay the application fee by DD and submit the form along with the relevant documents by post. The candidates will be selected on the basis of their NEET PG 2018 score. The counseling is held for admission under 50% state quota seats. Check more details regarding the Tamilnadu PG Medical Admission 2018 from this page.
Tamilnadu PG Medical Admission 2018
Firstly the candidates need to submit the application form along with the relevant documents and application fee. On the basis of the NEET-PG details given by the candidates in their application form, a Merit List will be prepared. Next, the candidates will be called for counseling according to their rank. They need to choose the course and college at the time of counseling. Check the complete schedule for Tamil Nadu PG Medical 2018 Admission in the table below.
|Tamilnadu PG Medical Admission 2018||Important Dates|
|The date for the release of Notification||16 Mar 2018|
|Application Form is available for download from||16 Mar 2018|
|Last date to download the application form||23 Mar 2018 (up to 05:00 PM)|
|The last date to submit the application form||26 Mar 2018 (up to 05:00 PM)|
|Publication of Merit List||09 Apr 2018|
|Counseling for Tamil Nadu PG Medical 2018 begins from||To be announced|
|Commencement of Classes||01 May 20|
|Closure of admission||31 May 2018|
Notification Regarding Postponing the Merit List For TN PG Medical 2018
Tamilnadu PG Medical Admission 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates seeking admission in PG Medical Courses in various medical colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu must fulfill the eligibility criteria as given below:
- The aspirants should be a Citizen of India and should have completed MBBS course including the entire CRRI period in the State of Tamil Nadu.
- Those candidates who are of Tamil Nadu Native but have completed MBBS in other States can also apply. However, they need to submit the Certificate of Nativity in Tamil Nadu issued by the competent authority only and supported by a copy of Passport / Aadhar/ Voter’s ID/ Driving License.
- Should have qualified NEET PG 2018.
- The candidates should have completed their compulsory Internship on or before March 31, 2018. Also, should possess the Permanent Medical Council Registration Certificate of the States or of India.
Tamilnadu PG Medical 2018 Application Form
The application form for Tamil Nadu PG Medical Admission 2018 is available for download. The candidates must fill up correct details in the downloaded form as they might not get any provision to correct any mistake later. In the application form, the applicants need to write the details such as their Personal Details, NEET PG details, Communication details, etc. Also, you need to upload a latest photograph of yours in the space given in the application form.
Finally, submit the form along with the relevant documents/ certificates in an A4 size cloth lined cover. The template with requisite details available for download should be printed and pasted on the cover and submit it to the following address:
162, PERIYAR E.V.R. HIGH ROAD,
KILPAUK, CHENNAI – 600010.
Application Fees And Mode of Payment
The applicants need to pay an amount of Rs. 3000/- by Demand Draft. drawn in favor of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10” payable at Chennai. The SC/SC (Arunthathiyar) and ST candidates who are natives of Tamil Nadu are exempted from paying the application fee.
What Are The Documents To Submit Along With The Application Form?
The candidates must submit the Self Attested Photocopies of the following documents in the order as given below:
- NEET PG 2018 Score Card
- MBBS Degree Certificate and Diploma Certificate or Provisional Pass Certificate from the University concerned
- Permanent Medical Registration certificate issued by the Medical Council of India / State.
- Community Certificate from the competent authority. The Scheduled Tribe candidates should produce community certificates issued by a Revenue Divisional Officer.
- TNPSC/MRB (through competitive written examination) Selection & Posting Order(For Service Candidates)
- Nativity certificate (if applicable) with supportive documents such as Passport / Aadhar/ Voter’s ID/ Driving License.
Tamilnadu PG Medical 2018 Merit List
After the application process is over, the Secretary, Selection Committee will publish the merit list. The State Quota Merit List will be published online at tnhealth.org or tnmedicalselection.org. The Merit list is prepared on the basis of marks obtained in NEET PG 2018. Also, the service candidates shall be awarded additional weightage marks up to 10% of the marks secured in the NEET PG 2018 per year of completion of service in remote /difficult areas.
Tamilnadu PG Medical 2018 Counselling Procedure
- Those candidates whose name appears in the merit list will then be called for counseling. The candidates can choose any course at any colleges available at the time of counseling.
- Note that the option once given during the counseling cannot be changed during the same phase of counseling.
- However, if the candidate is satisfied with the course and college, he/she need to give a declaration in the form given at the time of counseling.
- Though the physical presence of the candidate is required for the Counselling, however, if a candidate cannot attend the counseling on the specified date and time then he/she can authorize a representative to attend the counseling on his/ her behalf.
- On the day of the counseling, bring all the original documents, the same which were enclosed along with the application.
- Those who will be attending the counseling for PG Degree / Diploma Courses will have to pay a non- refundable amount of Rs. 1000/- by the means of DD drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10 “ as processing fee.
- The candidates who are selected at the time of counseling shall pay the tuition fee payable in Government Institutions by means of Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai – 10” payable at Chennai at the time of receipt of the allotment order.
Tamilnadu PG Medical 2018 Reservation Details
If the seats are 8 and more, the rule of reservation shall be as follows:
|Most Backward / Denotified Community||20%|
Within the 30% reservation for Backward Classes, 3.5% reservation will be given to the Muslims. Also, out of 18% reservation for SC, 16% of seats shall be allocated to the Scheduled Caste(Arunthathiyar) Community.
Tamilnadu PG Medical 2018 Fee Details
The candidates selected in the counseling need to pay the following for the tuition fee:
|Name of the Course||Tuition Fees|
|PG Diploma||Rs. 20,000/-|
|PG Degree||Rs. 3000/-|
Tamilnadu PG Medical 2018 Seat Details
The distribution of seats amongst various medical colleges for the academic year 2018 is as follows:
Tamil Nadu PG Medical 2018 Prospectus: Click Here to download the prospectus.