SCTIMST 2018 Application Form for Entrance Exam and Admission is now available. Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute of Medical Sciences and Technology is an important medical institute functioning under Department of Science and Technology, Govt. Of India.
SCTIMST or Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute of Medical Sciences and Technology is one of the premier medical institutes in India. It holds an important position as an educational establishment under Department of Science and Technology, Govt. Of India. The Institute was established in 1973 at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerela. It holds a historic importance as it was founded by Chithira Thirunal Varma, the last ruling king of travancorefor the benifit of people of Kerela. The Institute not only focuses on patient care but also extensive research in various medical field.
SCTIMST focuses on high quality, advanced treatment of cardiac and neurological disorders, indigenous development of technologies for biomedical devices and materials and public health training and research. The institute offers advanced treatment using modern technologies in several specialized areas such as interventional radiology, cardiac electrophysiology, deep brain stimulation for movement disorders, epilepsy surgery, pediatric cardiac surgery, base of skull and vascular surgeries, to name a few and much more.
SCTIMST 2018 Application Form
The admission for the academic session January 2018 have commenced and applications for the following academic programmes offered by the institute are welcome:
- Post-doctoral Certificate Course
- Post-doctoral Fellowship
- Ph.D. in Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Biological Sciences, Bioengineering, Biomaterial Science and Technology, Medical Sciences , Public Health-(Regular & Part-time).
- M.D. (Transfusion Medicine).
- Specialty Nursing Courses.
- PG Diploma/Diploma Courses.
- Advanced Certificate Program in Physiotherapy.
Instructions to apply for SCTIMST 2018
The application form can be found the offcicial website SCTIMST. The last date of submitting the form is 5th October 2017.
The application procedure for this examination will take place in two steps.
Step 1: Application Fee payment through SB collect website of State Bank of India. (Appropriate course category has to be selected.)
Application fees for different categories of courses.
|Post-doctoral Courses & PG (DM/MCh/PDCC/PDF & MD )||Ph.D.||MPH||M.Phil||DPH||PG Diploma / Diploma & Advanced Certificates Programmes|
|Rs. 1,500/-||Rs. 1,000/-||Rs. 1,000/-||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 1,000/-||Rs. 300|
For SC/ST candidates: for Post-doctoral Courses – Rs.1,200/-, Ph.D/MPH/./DPH Rs.800/-, M.Phil Rs.400/-, PG Diploma/Diploma /Advanced certificate courses Rs.240/-.
Step 2: Online filling of the form.
Following are the documents required before filling the form:
- Online Payment Receipt/ Stamped Pre- acknowledged payment Form acquired from step one of the application process.
- Copy of Document to prove age.
- Caste certification fro ST/SC/OBC (Non-CreamyLayer candidates (issued by Revenue authorities not below the rank of Tahsildar).
- “No Objection Certificate” in case of employed/ sponsored applicants.
- Copies of certificates to prove academic qualifications.
- Copies of Attempt Certificate of MBBS/MD/MS/DNB Examinations (issued by University/National Board of Exams)
- A copy of Registration certificate: Medical/ Nursing.
- A writeup describing the research preoposal (300 – 400 words in case of applicant of Phd program).
- A statement of Purpose for undertaking a research career (100 to 150 words) in the case of applicant for PhD programme.
- Certificate proving ‘Gold Medal’ in MBBS/ MS/DNB.
Apply Here – Click here to apply.
Details to be filled in SCTIMST 2018 Application Form
On the first page of the application form, the candidate is asked to choose from the Course Category and Course Name/ Post Name.
On the second page of the form, the candidate will be asked his personal details like name, dob etc, communication details like permanent address, conatct number etc, academic qualifications, employment record to-date, details of registration with medical/ nursing council and payment details which were obtained from Step 1 of the application precedure.
After filling the from, the candidate will be asked to preview the form to look for any error and change if any exists.
Finally the form has to be submitted. It is mandatory to send the print out of filled application form with signature to
Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology
on or before 10th October 2017 with all required documents mentioned above.
The envelope containing the application should superscribe as “Application for Admission to ……………………… course for the Academic Session – January 2018.”.
The candidates will be provided with a “Login” facility after successful submission of their application and will be able to print the same by entering the Application Number, Email Id and Date of Birth which is provided at the time of submission of application.
The Screening Committee which is appointed by the SCTIMST holds the right to accept or regect an application.
The application form has to be filled with utmost care as once the application form has been submitted changes in it are not possible.