The Baba Farid University of Health Sciences will conduct the counseling for Punjab MBBS BDS Admission 2018. The counseling for 15% seats will be done by the Government of India through Centralized Counselling by the CBSE, while rest 85% of the seats will be filled by the Admission Committee constituted by the Government of Punjab, as per NEET 2018 marks. To apply for Punjab MBBS and BDS Admission, the candidate must be a bonafide resident of Punjab. Check more details regarding the Punjab MBBS/ BDS Admission 2018 from this page.
Punjab MBBS BDS Admission 2018
After the declaration of NEET 2018 result, those who will qualify it must fill and submit the Punjab MBBS/ BDS 2018 Application Form. It is important that you should fulfill the eligibility criteria as laid down by Baba Farid University. Check the expected schedule for Punjab MBBS/ BDS 2018 Admission in the table below.
|Punjab MBBS BDS Admission 2018||Important Dates|
|NEET 2018 Declaration of Result||05 Jun 2018|
|Application Form shall be available from||04th week of Jun 2018|
|Last date for submitting the online application||02nd week of Jul 2018|
|Last date for depositing the fee||02nd week of Jul 2018|
|Publishing of Provisional Merit List||03rd week of Jul 2018|
Punjab MBBS/ BDS Admission 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates seeking admission in MBBS and BDS courses in the state of Punjab must fulfill the eligibility criteria as given below:
- Should be a bonafide resident of Punjab.
- Must have passed 10+1 and 10+2 examination from Punjab. Also, those candidates who have passed 10+1 and 10+2 or its equivalent exam from a recognized School/Institution situated in Chandigarh, who is a bonafide resident of Punjab shall also be eligible.
- Should have qualified NEET 2018.
However, the Children/wards/dependents (whose parents are not alive) of all those regular Punjab Government employees, members of All India Services borne on Punjab cadre, Serving Judges and the employees of the Hon’ble Punjab and Haryana High Court, employees of Boards/Corporations/Statutory Bodies in the following conditions are exempted from the above eligibility conditions:
- Who have been holding posts outside Punjab on or before 1st January of the year of passing 10+2 and their children/wards/dependants have passed class XI and/or XII examinations from outside Punjab State.
- Have remained posted inside Punjab for at least two years out of the three years preceding year of passing 10+2 examination but were posted outside Punjab for some time during these three years due to which their children/wards/dependants have passed class XI and/or XII or equivalent qualifying examinations from outside Punjab.
- Who have retired on or before 1st January of the year of passing 10+2 examination and have settled outside Punjab on or before 1st January of the year of passing 10+2 examination and their children/wards/dependants have passed class XII examination from outside Punjab.
- Children/wards/dependents (whose parents are not alive) of those military/ para-military forces personnel who are born or belong to the State of Punjab as per their service record at the time of entry into service.
- Ex-employees of military/ Para military forces who are born or belong to the State of Punjab as per their service record at the time of entry into the service and have retired on or after 1st January of the year preceding two years of the year of passing 10+2 examination.
- Candidates belonging to minority community who are competing for the minority quota in the minority institutions
- Those seeking admission under NRI category.
- Wards of defence personnel posted in Punjab
Punjab MBBS/ BDS Admission 2018 Application Form
After the declaration of result, the candidates need to register online for admission to 85% seats in various Medical and Dental Colleges in the state of Punjab. The application form shall available online at the official website of the Universty, bfuhs.ac.in. A direct link will also be given on this page as soon as the registration process starts. In the application form, you need to enter Personal Details, NEET 2018, Address details, etc. Finally, pay the requisite amount of the application fee and submit the application form.
The applicants shall have to the pay the following amount for the application fee as last year.
|Category||Amount to be paid|
Mode of Payment: The application fee shall be payable by Online mode or by Challan.
Punjab MBBS BDS Admission 2018 Merit List
The University will prepare a combined merit list of all candidates including the reserve category and also a separate merit list of different categories. The merit list will be published online a week before the counseling. Those whose name appears in the Merit List will be eligible for the Counselling. The merit list will be available in pdf format at bfuhs.ac.in.
Punjab MBBS BDS Admission 2018 Counselling
The University shall conduct two rounds of counseling. Only the eligible aspirants can participate in the counseling round(s). It is not yet announced whether it will be a centralized counseling or offline. If it is centralized online counseling, the selected candidates will have to submit the choice of college online. Those who will be allotted a seat shall then have to report at the allotted college along with the relevant documents.
However, if it is offline counseling, then the physical presence of the candidate is necessary. The candidate shall be able to choose the college at the time of counseling only. Whatever the mode be, the candidates will be allotted a seat on the basis of their merit, choices filled and availability of seat.
Punjab MBBS/ BDS 2018 Fee Details
The fee structure for admission in MBBS and BDS courses in Govt and Private Medical Colleges situtae in Punjab State is as follows:
|For Government Medical/Dental Institutes|
|Year wise||Annual fees|
|04th year||Rs. 1,10,000|
|05th year||Rs. 60,000|
|Fees for admission in Govt./Private/Medical/Dental Institutes under NRI quota|
|Category||Fees full course|
|15% NRI quota MBBS course||US $ 1,10,000|
|15% quota BDS course||US $ 44,000|
|Fees for Private institutes for MBBS course|
|Course||Government quota 50%||Management quota 35%|
|01st year||Rs. 2,20,000||Rs. 6,60,000|
|02nd year||Rs. 2,42,000||Rs. 7,26,000|
|03rd year||Rs. 2,66,200||Rs. 7,98,600|
|04th year||Rs. 2,92,820||Rs. 8,78,460|
|05th year||Rs. 3,22,102||Rs. 9,66,306|
|Fees for Private institutes for BDS course|
|01st year||Rs. 1,65,000||Rs. 2,20,000|
|02nd year||Rs. 1,81,500||Rs. 2,42,000|
|03rd year||Rs. 1,99,650||Rs. 2,66,200|
|04th year||Rs. 2,19,615||Rs. 2,92,820|
Punjab MBBS/BDS Admission 2018 Reservation Details
The following percentage of seats are reserved in Govt and Private Medical/ Dental Colleges:
|Backward Classess (BC)||10%|
|Backward Area/ Border Area (1% each)||02%|