PGIMER 2019 Courses and Fees: PGIMER is one of the most sought-after colleges for admissions to the medical courses. It is located in Chandigarh. PGIMER is known as Post Graduate Medical Insitute and Research. The institute offers a host of courses for which the admissions are conducted as per the criteria. The students who wish to study in this premier institute must be curious to know about the fee structure of different courses. The fees are one of the most important concerns of the students as they have to decide how will they pay their fee. If it is so, check this page about PGIMER 2019 Courses and Fees to know what all courses the institute offers and what is the fee for each of it.
PGIMER 2019 Courses and Fees
PGIMER offers various courses for the students. With these many courses, the students can choose the course as per their interest. Read this page to know all about the courses which PGIMER offers along with the fees of each of the courses.
Courses offered at PGIMER
PGIMER offers courses under the following 3 divisions:
- Para Medical
Let’s have a look at what each course has in its bag to offer to the students. We will provide all the necessary information relevant to the students so that they are well informed about the courses before coming up to a final decision.
Medicine Courses at PGIMER
The following courses are offered at PGIMER under medical stream:
- MD– This course is for a duration of three years. The candidate who wants to take admission into this course must have an MBBS degree or its equivalent qualification which is recognised by the Medical Council of India. The subjects in this course include:
- Community Medicine
- Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology
- Nuclear Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Transfusion Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
There are 2 other subjects as well which comes under MD Degree. Both of these courses are of 2-year duration and are as follows:
- Masters in Hospital Administration
- Masters in Public Health
The basic qualification of this also remains the same.
- MS- The next in line is the MS, offered at the institute. The course is of three years duration and will cover the following subjects:
The basic qualification which is required for this an MBBS degree or equivalent as for MD.
- DM- Next course which we will talk about is the DM offered at the institute. Under this different subjects are there for which the qualifications are also different. Have a look at the subject and the qualification required for it.
|Addiction Psychiatry||MD (Psychiatry) or equivalent|
|Child and Adolescent Psychiatry||MD (Psychiatry) or equivalent|
|Cardiac Anesthesia||MD (Anesthesiology) or equivalent|
|Cardiology||MD (Medicine), MD (Pediatrics) or equivalent|
|Clinical Hematology||MD (Medicine) or equivalent|
|Clinical Immunology & Rheumatology||MD (Medicine) or equivalent|
|Clinical Pharmacology||MD (Pharmacology) or equivalent|
|Endocrinology||MD (Medicine), MD (Pediatrics) or equivalent|
|Gastroenterology||MD (Medicine), MD (Pediatrics) or equivalent|
|Pediatric Gastroenterology||MD (Pediatrics)|
|Haematopathology||MD (Pathology) or equivalent|
|Hepatology||MD (Medicine), MD (Pediatrics) or equivalent|
|Histopathology||MD (Pathology) or equivalent|
|Nephrology||MD (Medicine), MD (Pediatrics) or equivalent|
|Neurology||MD (Medicine), MD (Pediatrics) or equivalent|
|Pediatric Neonatology||MD (Pediatrics) or equivalent|
|Pediatric Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology||MD (Pediatrics) or equivalent|
|Pediatrics Critical Care||MD (Pediatrics) or equivalent|
|Pediatric Hematology-Oncology||MD (Pediatrics) or equivalent|
|Pediatric Neurology||MD (Pediatrics) or equivalent|
|Neuro-anaesthesiology||MD (Anesthesiology) or equivalent|
|Neuroradiology||MD (Radiology) or equivalent|
|Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine||MD (Medicine/Pediatrics/Tuberculosis & Chest/Respiratory Diseases/Thoracic Medicine/ Pulmonary Medicine) or equivalent|
- M.Ch- The M.Ch course at PGIMER has the following subjects under it. There are separate qualification criteria which they have to ensure they satisfy. Check the list below.
|Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery||MS (Surgery) or equivalent|
|Neurosurgery||MS (Surgery) or equivalent|
|Pediatrics Surgery||MS (Surgery) or equivalent|
|Plastic Surgery||MS (Surgery), MS (ENT), MS (Orthopedics) or equivalent|
|Surgical Gastroenterology||MS (Surgery) or equivalent|
|Urology||MS (Surgery) or equivalent|
- MDS: MDS is for those students who have done their undergraduate in dentistry i.e. they have a valid BDS degree from a recognized university. The total duration of the course is three years and the following subjects are taught:
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Ph.D. – This course is for a total of 3 years and includes All Medical Discipline All Non-medical Discipline. The aspirants of this course have to contact the official authorities for all the information about the counselling process.
- Post M.D. Certificate Course: It is a certificate course offered by PGIMER. This course is for duration of 1 year and includes the following subjects:
The eligibility for all the 3 courses is different. For the first 2 courses, the candidate should have MD(Pathology) and MD(Medicine) respectively. For the 3rd course, the candidate should have MD(Pathology) or MvSc.