North Delhi Municipal Corporation Medical College [NDMC Medical College] was established in 2013. The college is located in Civil Line Area in North Delhi on the campus of Hindu Rao Hospital. NDMC Medical College is one of 3 Medical Colleges being run in India by the Municipal Corporations. The college was initiated on the premises of Hindu Rao Hospital Premises. NDMC Medical College is affiliated with Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Dwarka, New Delhi. The college is approved by Medical Council of India (MCI).
The admission to the college is based on the rank of NEET UG entrance test. NDMC Medical College offers admission to UG MBBS Course. The annual intake of MBBS students is 50. The college is attached with Hindu Rao Hospital for OPD, indoor investigative, teaching, and diagnosis services. The colleges even provide private Nursing Home facilities. There are 12 bedded ICU, 24 bedded Neonatal ICU, and 12 bedded CCU.
History of NDMC Medical College
The college was established in 2013. After fulfilling the all the requirements of Medical Council of India (MCI) for the letter of Intent and letter of permission of (LOP) for establishing the medical college and its renewals under the section 10A of Indian Medical Council Acts 1956 respectively, NDMC Medical College was started on the premises of Hindu Rao Hospital. Have a quick glance at NDMC Medical College from the table provided.
|Name||North Delhi Medical Corporation Medical College|
|Location||Malka Ganj, North DELHI|
|Course Offered||UG MBBS|
|Hospital||Hindu Rao Hospital|
In August (2013-14), the first batch of 50 UG MBBS students was admitted in the college. Currently, there are 49 residents employed and 74 faculty members in different disciplines in the Medical College. The second batch was admitted in August(2014-15). The third batch of 50 UG MBBS students for the academic year (2015-16) was admitted after the approval by the Central Government, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. To supervise the administrative and academic activities of the college Dr Rajeev Grover (Dr Dnesh Negi earlier) and Dr Alka Puri were appointed as CMO’s.
NDMC Medical College Vision
NDMC Medical College vision is to initiate Post Graduate course in the college in a phased manner. Activities like research, teaching and patient care are being initiated. The college is also organising CMEs/conference/workshop on the regular basis in term educational activities. The college may increase the seats in UGs MBBS course from 50 to 150 after completion of the new buildings/blocks of Medical College.
NDMC Medical College – Courses Offered
The college offers Undergraduate NDMC Medical College and is looking forward to starting Postgraduate (MD/MS) courses soon in a phased manner. Initially, the PG course will be initiated in the preclinical subjects (Anatomy, Physiology & Biochemistry)and paraclinical subjects(Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine & Community Medicine). Later, Postgraduate course will be initiated in clinical subjects.
|UG MBBS||50 seats|
NDMC Medical College Admission Process
The admission to UG MBBS course is done through National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG). The candidate seeking admission in NDMC Medical College must qualify NEET entrance examination. The admission to the course will be done in 3 steps i.e. Online Registration, Entrance Exam, Proposed counselling Schedule.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG ) is conducted for the admission to UG MBBS/MDS courses. NEET entrance test is conducted in offline (pen-paper mode). Candidates qualifying in NEET is admitted government or private medical colleges and dental colleges respectively in India. National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct NEET 2019 on May 05, 2019.
NDMC Medical College Departments
There is total of 20 departments in the college. The college has created a few para-clinical departments (Microbiology, Pharmacology, Community Medicine) and all pre-clinical departments (Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry). The other existing departments (para-clinical and clinical) have been upgraded. Check the list of NDMC Medical College Department.
NDMC Medical College Departments
- Anatomy Department: The department was started in August 2013. Anatomy department is located in Ward Block of Hindu Rao Hospital. The department focus on the teaching of UG candidates. The vision of the department is to establish research activities. There is a total of 3 faculties in department 1 Professor and 2 assistant professors.
- Bio-Chemistry Department: Located near OPD Block in the campus of Hindu Rao Hospital. The teaching is provided for UG MMBS courses in the department. There are a clinical chemistry lab and one emergency service lab for out-patient and indoor patient clinical chemistry.
- Medicine Department: In August 2014, the teaching of UG was initiated. Currently, the department provides both theory and clinical teaching. DNB course is being conducted in the department for the last 8 years. It is the largest departments with the strength of 200 Beds with 3 medical units. Medicine departments provide indoor, outdoor service and emergency service 24*7. The department provides speciality care in Nephrology (including dialysis) Neurology, Respiratory, Diabetology, Rheumatology and Gastroenterology (including endoscopies).
- Forensic Department: Initiated teaching in 2014 for MBBS course. The forensic department conducts teaching and research programme. Department is equipped with students practical lab, Museum, Demonstration room, Research Lab, Histopathology lab, Library, and Patient examination room. The department has a postmortem section on the ground floor of the Forensic Block.
- Pathology Department: Located in 2nd Floor, G-Block, Hindu Rao Hospital. The training is provided through digital demonstration and tutorials. The department is fully established with the museum (120 specimens), UG practical Lab(for a batch of 25), library with 150 books and seminar room. Pathology Department is equipped with immunohistochemistry lab, cytology, histopathology, and haematology.
- Community Medicine: Located on 6th Floor, G-Block. The department mainly focuses on Public Health activities, Public Health lecture, Epidemiological and research activities. There is a total of 8 faculty members in the department out of which 1 is Professor, 3 are an assistant professor, 2 are Assistant Prof(Assistant) and 2 Tutor/Demonstrator.
- Physiology Department: The department is located on 2nd Floor, Ward Block. Medical education videos and interactive software are used by the faculties during undergraduate lectures and demonstration.
- Anaesthesia Department: Three faculties are available in the department. There are total 19 operating tables. The department provides the services to Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Orthopedics, Dental, Opthalmology, ENT, Urosurgery and General Surgery. and surgical disciplines
- Dentistry Department: The department provides the facilities of medico-legal cases, generalized and specialized dental procedure with digital X-Ray and modernized equipment, age detention of criminal cases of juvenile and adults, and casualty and emergency services of trauma cases round the clock.
- Dermatology Department: The department consists of three sections OPD, Indoor and Dermato-surgery cum cosmetology section. The major activities of the department are in OPD. The faculty conducts theory and practical classes for UG MBBS students. DNB courses are also conducted in the department.
- Microbiology Department: Located on 3rd Floor, G-Block, Hindu Rao Hospital. The teaching requirement of 50 UG MBBS, BSc, MLT students are fulfilled by the department. The multiple formative assessments are provided to the students as a revision exercise. The department has a big seminar room cum library, Mycology, Virology, Mycobacteriology, and Parasitology laboratories, Serology, Bacteriology, Museum, room for faculty, resident and ancillary staff. For the preparation of media and special slides, there is a media room in the Microbiology Department.
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology: The department conducts PG DNB training programme in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. The internship programme is also carried out by the department. It is one of the major department of Hindu Rao Hospital with 129 beds. The department functions under four unit. Obstetric and Gynaecology has following subdivision: Family Welfare unit, Obstetrics & Gynaecology ward, Obstetrics & Gynaecology OPD, Labour Room and Post Natal Care ward.
- Orthopaedics Departments: It is one of the oldest department. The department conducts both UG MBBS and PG DNB course. Apart from this the department also organizes CMEs, conference and workshop. Orthopaedics Departments provides emergency and elective care for all kind of Orthopaedics aliments in the children and adults. The department provides emergency service round the clock.
- Pharmacology Department: The department is located in the Ward Block of Hindu Rao Hospital above the medicine ward. The main activity of the department is to focus on teaching UG students. Pharmacology department fully equipped with experimental pharmacology laboratory, clinical pharmacology & pharmacy laboratory. There are two demonstration rooms, departmental library cum seminar room, faculty room, resident room and staff room.
- Respiratory & Pulmonary Medicine: There is one Professor & HOD, one Assistant Professor and on Junior Researcher (JR) in the department. The department has planned to start Bronchoscopy in the future. Respiratory Department is already performing intercostals and pleural aspirations.
- Surgery Department: The Department was established since the establishment of the Hindu Rao Hospital. There are two professors and 3 assistant professors in the department. The department has a good academic programme and has been conducting DNB course for last 8 years with two admissions yearly. In August 2014, theory teaching was started and clinical teaching is also provided by the faculties of the department. Seminars, case presentation and mortality meets is the part of the academic. It is the largest department of the college with the facility of 100 beds with 3 Surgical Units. There are special operational clinics for Breast and Urology Diseases in the department. These clinics are scheduled in the afternoon.
NDMC Medical College Facilities
NDMC Medical College is a residential campus. It provides hostels for the students, quarters for the staff of Hindu Rao Hospital and paramedical staff. The college has a separate hostel for both MBBS boys and girls. The Residents are also available.
The construction of new six storied Hostel Block is under construction. The hostel is being constructed in the premises of Hindu Rao Hospital (HRH). After the completion of the construction, the hostel will accommodate 100 more students.
NDMC Medical College Hospital
At present, the medical college has a hospital named Hindu Rao Hospital. It is situated on the ridge in Civil Lines area Delhi. The hospital was built in the early 19th century. Earlier it was the residence of Shri Hindu Rao. Rao’s house was converted into a small nursing home after his death. The Nursing home was converted into a general hospital by the state government of Delhi in the year 1951. Initially, the hospital was providing basic service of preventive and curative OPD. In 1958, the Municipal Corporation of Delhi took over the hospital. In the year 1963, the hospital was labelled as a referral hospital by the Ministry of Health Govt.
The hospital has 980 beds with super specialities in nephrology, gastroenterology, neurology, urology, cardiology, neonatology etc. The hospital is managed and controlled by the Municipal Corporation of Delhi. It is functioning under the supervision of the guidance of Additional Commissioner (Health) and director of Health Service – Cum – Municipal health officer.
The hospital provided casualty and emergency service round the clock. It also offers well-versed and large service of curative, promotive and preventive ranging from YAG Laser Photocoagulation, Endoscopy, to CAT scan, Hemodialysis, blood examination, and anti-rabies vaccine. Hindu Rao Hospital is furnished with modern therapeutic, diagnostic and residential facilities. The hospital is also recognized as a teaching institution for Diploma in DNB in many specialities and Anaesthesia.
Internship Programme at NMDC Medical College Hospital
The internship is a part of training where the graduate candidate has the opportunities to practice and obtain the knowledge of under the supervision of skilled staff members. The medical college hospital offers the internship for a year. No stipend is paid to the candidate during the internship program. The internship program is recognized by MCI and is as per the MCI protocol. The candidate has to pay a non-refundable amount to have the access to clinical and infrastructural facilities.
NDMC Medical College Contact Details
Check the contact details of the College:
College Name: North Delhi Municipal Corporation Medical
College & Hindu Rao Hospital Malka Ganj, Delhi 110007
Telephone: +91 01112919476
Fax: +61 (2) 95423599
Mail: [email protected]
Official Website: www.northmcd.com