NIMHANS 2019: National Institute of Medical Health and Sciences (NIMHANS) has released the result of (Ph.D., Super specialty, Postdoctoral, and Postgraduate Courses) held on March 30 – 31, 2019. Appeared candidates can check the NIMHANS 2019 result online. NIMHANS is an institute of National importance located in Bengaluru, India. It offers a variety of programs for the students in various fields as per their interest in mental health and well being. To be eligible for the counselling process, the candidate has to score the minimum cutoff marks in the exam. Read this page to know all the details about the NIMHANS 2019 like what are the courses offered at this institute, fee structure, what is the application process and other details about this institute and other details about this college and the exam details.
More Medical Entrance Exams 2019 You Can Appear In, After Medical Post Graduation
NIMHANS 2019 is an important exam for those candidates who wish to make a career in the field of mental health and sciences. Result of NIMHANS 2019 (Ph.D., Super specialty, Postdoctoral, and Postgraduate Courses) in the online mode. The exam dates and all the details on various events of NIMHANS 2019 are available on this page below.
NIMHANS 2019 Exam Date
National Institute of Medical Health and Sciences announces the exam dates for NIMHANS 2019.
|NIMHANS Entrance exam 2019||Session I Dates||Session II Dates|
|NIMHANS released admission notice and prospectus on||17 Jan 2019||01 Aug 2019|
|Application form available from||17 Jan 2019||01 Aug 2019|
|Date of Closure of registration||16 Feb 2019||31 Aug 2019|
|Downloading of Admit Card starts from||14 Mar – 31 Mar 2019 – Ph.D
05 Apr 2019 – 21 Apr 2019 –B.Sc
|To be announced|
|Entrance exam held on||30 – 31 Mar 2019 – Ph.D., Super specialty, Postdoctoral and Postgraduate Courses
21 Apr 2019 – B.Sc. Courses
|20 Oct 2019|
|Date of Result||12 Apr 2019||To be announced!|
|Date of interview & Counselling||28-30 May 2019||04 Nov 2019|
|Date of Admission||04 Jun 2019 (Ph.D., Super speciality, Postdoctoral and Postgraduate Courses)
07 Jun 2019 (B.Sc. and Diploma Course)
|05 Dec 2019|
|Date of course commencement||01 Jul 2019||01 Jan 2020|
Courses Offered at NIMHANS
The students must be curious to know what courses the institute offers to the students who desire to take admissions here. NIMHANS offers students admissions in a wide variety of courses as per the interest of the student. They can take a look here at all the courses which NIMHANS offers at its campus.
a) Basic Sciences Division
- Department of Biophysics- It offers admissions in the following courses:
- Ph.D. in Biophysics
- M.Phil in Biophysics
- Department of Biostatistics- The following courses are offered under this department:
- Ph. D. in Biostatistics
- M.Sc in Biostatistics
- Department of Human Genetics- The Department of Human Genetics offers admissions in the following courses:
- Ph.D. in Human Genetics
- Department of Neurochemistry- Courses which are offered under this department are as follows:
- Ph.D. in Neurochemistry
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Biochemistry
- Department of Neuromicrobiology- The following courses are offered under the department of Neuromicrobiology:
- PhD in Neuromicrobiology
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neuroinfection
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Hospital Infection Control
- Department of Neurophysiology- This department at NIMHANS offers admissions in the following courses:
- Ph.D. in Neurophysiology
- M.Phil in Neurophysiology
- Department of Neurovirology- NIMHANS offers the following courses in this department:
- Ph.D. in Neurovirology
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neuroinfections
- Department of Psychopharmacology- The following courses are offered at NIMHANS under this department:
- Ph.D. in Psychopharmacology
b) Behavioural Sciences Division- This is the second department under which the following courses are offered under it.
- Department of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry- NIMHANS offers the following courses under this department:
- Ph.D. in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- DM in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Department of Clinical Psychology- The following are offered at NIMHANS under Department of Clinical Psychology.
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology
- M.Phil. in Clinical Psychology
- Department of Mental Health Education- The following courses are offered at this department:
- Ph.D. in Mental Health Education
- Fellowship in Mental Health Education:
- Department of Nursing: This department at NIMHANS offers admission to the following courses:
- Ph.D. in Nursing
- M.Sc. in Psychiatric Nursing
- Post Basic Diploma in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing
- Post Basic Diploma in Neurosciences Nursing
- College of Nursing: It offers B.SC Degree in Nursing only.
- Department of Psychiatry: This is the single largest department in South East Asia. It offers admissions in the following courses:
- Ph.D. in History of Psychiatry
- Ph.D. in Mental Health Rehabilitation
- Ph.D. in Psychiatry
- DM in Addiction Psychiatry
- DM in Geriatric Psychiatry
- MD in Psychiatry
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Acute Care & Emergency Psychiatry
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Community Mental Health
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Addiction Medicine
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Consultation Liaison Psychiatry
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Geriatric Psychiatry
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Obsessive Compulsive Disorder & Related Disorders
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Clinical Neuro Sciences &Therapeutics in Schizophrenia
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Women’s Mental Health
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Non-Invasive Brain Stimulation of Psychiatric Disorders
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Forensic Psychiatry
- Fellowship in Psychiatric Rehabilitation
- Fellowship in Geriatric Mental Health Care
- Fellowship in Geriatric Mental health Nursing
- Fellowship in Psychosocial Care for Elderly
- Department of Psychiatric Social Work- This department offers the following courses at NIMHANS.
- Ph.D. in Psychiatric Social Work
- M.Phil. in Psychiatric Social Work
- Fellowship in Psychosocial Support in Disaster Management
c) Neurosciences Division- This is an another department at NIMHANS under which various departments function. Take a look at all the departments which function under this.
- Department of Clinical Neurosciences (Virtual Department)- This department offers admissions to the following courses:
- PhD in Clinical Neurosciences
- M.Phil.in Neurosciences
- Department of Epidemiology & Centre for Public Health- It offers admissions to the following courses at NIMHANS.
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Department of Neuroanaesthesia and Neurocritical Care- The students who are interested in this field can have a look at the courses which are offered here.
- DM in Neuroanaesthesia:
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neuroanaesthesia
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neurocritical Care
- B.Sc. in Anaesthesia Technology
- Department of Neuroimaging and Interventional Radiology- This department has the following courses which the students can study at NIMHANS.
- Ph.D. in Neuroimaging and Interventional Radiology
- DM in Neuroimaging and Interventional Radiology
- B.Sc. in Radiography
- Department of Neurological Rehabilitation- This department offers admissions to the following courses:
- Ph.D. in Neurological Rehabilitation
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neurological Rehabilitation
- Department of Neurology- The courses offered under this department are as follows:
- Ph.D. in Neurology
- DM in Neurology
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Epilepsy
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Movement Disorders
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neuromuscular Disorder
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Stroke
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Paediatric Neurology
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Cognitive Neurosciences
- Diploma Course in Clinical Neurophysiology Technology
- Department of Neuropathology; This department offers admissions in the following courses:
- Ph.D. in Neuropathology
- DM in Neuropathology
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neuropathology
- Certificate Course in Neuropathology Technology
- Department of Neurosurgery: The courses offered under this department are as follows:
- M.Ch. in Neurosurgery
- Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology: This department offers admissions in the following courses at NIMHANS.
- Ph.D. in Speech Pathology & Audiology
- Department of Transfusion Medicine and Haematology: The following courses can be studied by the students at this department.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Transfusion Medicine-
NIMHANS 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The students who wish to apply for NIMHANS 2019 must check the eligibility criteria for the exam before applying for the exam. It is important to check the eligibility criteria for the exam otherwise the application of the candidate will get cancelled if they are found ineligible at any step.
The NIMHANS 2019 Eligibility Criteria is different for Medical and Non-Medical Courses. Both of them requires that the students have the minimum educational criteria as mentioned in the prospectus.
There is also the age limit for the candidates which they have to check before applying. They have to ensure that they check all the criteria before applying for the exam. If it is found that they do not satisfy any of the criteria above, they will be considered as ineligible for the exam and hence their application will be rejected.
NIMHANS 2019 Application Form
The next step after checking the eligibility criteria will have to fill the NIMHANS 2019 Application Form. It will be filled in an online manner. The students must note that whatever claims they are making in the application form, they should have the documentary proof with them. It would be required at the time of the counselling/interview process. The students can refer to the official prospectus for more information about the NIMHANS 2019 Application Process.
NIMHANS 2019 Mock Tests
Candidates who have applied for the NIMHANS Entrance exam can now practice the mock tests from the official website. Mock tests help the candidates to practice the questions and get an idea about how the Entrance exam will appear.
Mock Test: Click here to practice Mock tests.
NIMHANS 2019 Admit Card
The admit card for the online entrance exam will be available soon at the official website. The application process is now over. The candidates who have applied successfully will be able to download the admit card. It is an important document which the candidates have to carry with them to the exam hall. It will be used for the verification purpose at the exam hall. Thus the candidates should not forget to carry it to the exam hall. The admit card is also known as hall ticket. The students have to download the admit card online from the official website of NIMHANS.
The release date of the admit card is yet not announced. As soon as the dates will be available we will update the same here.
NIMHANS 2019 Test Center
The test centers at which the NIMHANS entrance exam 2019 is going to be conducted are as follows:
Test Center for Session I
- For PG courses: Bengaluru, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Pune.
- For UG courses: Bengaluru, Chennai, Cochin, and Hyderabad
Test Center for Session II –
- For PG courses: Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata, and Pune
NIMHANS 2019 Exam Pattern
The Institutes conducts an Online entrance examination, NIMHANS entrance exam. The test consists of multiple choice objective type questions which a candidate need to solve in a duration of 90 minutes. There will be 100 MCQ type questions. There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for an incorrect answer.
Courses for which Common Entrance Exam is Conducted
- MD in Psychiatry, DM in Neurology and M.Ch in Neurosurgery courses of 60 minutes duration with 70 questions for candidates applying with MBBS qualification followed by Online entrance test of 30 minutes duration with 30 questions for each domain [Candidates applying for any of the above three courses should appear for the entrance test of that particular course only]
- 9 Postdoctoral Fellowship courses under Psychiatry (except in Geriatric Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine Courses) in two stages: First Stage-Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) for 80 Marks Second Stage-Clinical / Practical / Lab Based Assessment (OSCE) for 20 Marks Choice of course will be given to candidates based on the order of merit in the entrance examination, the candidate securing highest marks will have the first option of selecting any of the applied courses from amongst 9 Postdoctoral Fellowship courses under Psychiatry.
- 6 Postdoctoral Fellowship courses under Department of Neurology.
- DM in Neuroanaesthesia & Neurocritical Care and Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neuroanaesthesia & Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neurocritical Care courses.
- DM in Neuropathology and Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neuropathology Courses.
- DM in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Postdoctoral Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Courses.
- DM in Geriatric Psychiatry and Postdoctoral Fellowship in Geriatric Psychiatry Courses.
- DM in Addiction Psychiatry and Postdoctoral Fellowship in Addiction Medicine Courses.
- There will be a common entrance test for candidates appearing for undergraduate courses, i.e., B.Sc. in Nursing, B.Sc. in Anaesthesia Technology and B.Sc. in Radiography
Separate Online Entrance Tests will be conducted for
- DM in Neurology with PG qualification.
- M.Ch. in Neurosurgery courses with PG qualification
Candidates possessing PG qualification in Medicine (MD/DNB) and Surgery (MS/DNB) will be considered only under PG category for admission to DM in Neurology and M.Ch. in Neurosurgery courses, respectively. If any candidate applies under the MBBS category, then his/her their candidature will be disqualified.
Note: Separate entrance tests will be conducted for all other courses offered at NIMHANS
Central Facilities at NIMHANS
NIMHANS, an institute of National Importance, offers a lot of central facilities to the students who take admission to this institute. Those desiring to take admissions to this premier college must be curious to know all the details about these facilities which they will be able to avail when they enter the college. Check out the central facilities offered by this institute.
- Advanced Centre for Ayurveda in Mental Health and Neuro Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Central Animal Research Facility (CARF)
- Cognitive Neurosciences
- Convention Centre
- Engineering Section
- Free Legal Aid Cell – NIMHANS
- Library & Information Services
- Neurobiology Research Centre
- NIMHANS Centre for Well Being
Programs for the Students
At NIMHANS, there are programs for the students which they have to undergo while they are at NIMHANS. Take a look at the programs which are there for the students that they have to attend.
- Kannada Language Learning Program: This is conducted for a period of 3 months in association with the Department of Kannada & Culture, Government of Karnataka. It is conducted so that the students can better communicate with the patients and their family members in Kannada which is majorly spoken in Karnataka.
- Orientation Lecture: It is organized for all the students who take admissions at NIMHANS so that the students get familiar with facilities under Basic, Behavioural and Neurosciences Divisions at NIMHANS.
NIMHANS 2019 Result
NIMHANS 2019 Result will be declared after the exam has been conducted successfully. The result will be declared in the form of a merit list. This list will be declared on the official website as well on the board at the college itself. Students who have given the NIMHANS 2019 Exam can check the results through any of the ways.
NIMHANS 2019 Counselling
NIMHANS 2019 Counselling will be conducted for those students who clear the NIMHANS 2019 Exam. They will be called for the counselling process on the basis of NIMHANS 2018 Result. The NIMHANS 2019 will be conducted as a multi-step process. The candidate will have to submit some documents which will be asked for in the counselling. Students are advised that they keep all the documents ready with them before the counselling so as to avoid last minute hassles.
Download the NIMHANS 2019 Information brochure – Click Here.