NEET SS 2018 Application Form has started. Candidates who want to appear for this exam will have to fill the application form for the same. In it, they will have to upload their photograph as well as the signature of theirs. Before doing so, they must check the important things related to both photo and the signature. These have been mentioned by the conducting body. Applications will be rejected if the candidate doesn’t adhere to it.
Check this page about NEET SS 2018 Images. We have provided all the important guidelines specific to both photo and signature that the candidate has to carry. It is a must that the aspirants take note of these things. Because of a small error, they might lose this golden opportunity; to avoid that, know instructions first. Check the page below.
NEET SS 2018 Images
Many NEET SS 2018 applications tend to get rejected due to the errors in the images which they upload. Candidates must not do that. Thus, before filling the application form, it is necessary that they check these specifications to ensure that their application doesn’t get rejected. Read the instructions and once you are sure how to fill the form, head over to NEET SS 2018 Application Form to fill it.
NEET SS 2018 Photograph
NEET SS 2018 Photograph shall be uploaded by the candidate during the application process. There are some specifications for it which the candidate has to adhere to. Check them below.
Before taking the photograph through any of the above two methods, there are some important things that they have to keep in mind. Do not forget these.
Important Things to Consider:
- Size: The size of the photograph has to be less than 80 KB.
- Format: The image should be in.jpeg/.jpg format.
- Background Color: White should be the background colour with the face of the candidate clearly visible.
- Scanner Dpi: The scanner dpi should be set to 200 dpi.
NEET SS 2018 Image through Camera/Webcam
Those who will take their photograph through Camera or webcam will have to do so through some steps. If they follow the steps, they will not make any mistake in taking the photograph and the chances of the application getting rejected will be very less.
- The resolution of the camera has to be set to the highest value. It is so that the candidate’s image is clearly visible in the photo.
- Ensure that the light conditions around are appropriate. It should not be taken in dark. Chances are there the application will be rejected if the photo is in dark conditions.
- The photo has to be taken in vertical mode i.e portrait mode with white background.
- After checking the conditions stated above, click the photograph. After that, the image will be cropped such as that the candidate’s face and upper body part is visible.
- Check that the size of the image is 80 kb only. If it is more than 80kb, it should be resized.
NEET SS 2018 Image through Scanning
Aspirants can also upload their photographs by scanning them. It can be done so if the candidate has a photograph of theirs. In scanning also, some important things are there which they must keep in mind.
- The photograph should be coloured.
- Background is white in colour. It is so that the image of the candidate is clearly visible.
- It should not be more than 6 months old.
- Dimensions are 3.5 cm * 4.5 cm.
How to Scan the photo?
To scan the photo, the candidate must take a white A4 size paper. On it, they will have to draw a box of the size same as that of the photo.
The aspirant then will have to paste their passport sized photo in the box which they made on the white paper. After this, they will have to scan only the portion where the photo is there. At this point, they must note that they need not scan the complete white sheet, only the portion where the photo is there.
Scan it and then save the image in either of the following formats:
Note: Right-click on the image and click on “Properties” to check the size of the image before uploading. It should not be more than 80KB.
What to do if the image is coming greater than 80 KB?
In case if the image of the candidate is coming greater than 80 KB, they can do some things to reduce the size.
- Try to set the dpi of the scanner to 200 dpi and quality of image at low.
- If image size is still more than 80 kb then resize the image to the given specifications.
NEET SS 2018 Signature
The other image which the candidate has to upload is their signature. For this also, there are some important guidelines which they have to keep in mind. Firstly, it must be ensured that the signature is clearly visible and no overwriting should be done on it. Other important things to be taken care of are as follows:
- Size should be less than 80 kB.
- Scanner should be set to 200 dpi.
- Image should be in .jpg/.jpeg format.
What type of signatures are not acceptable?
- Signature containing Initials only.
- Signature in CAPITALS.
- Signature with overwriting
How to scan the Signature?
To scan the signature, the candidate has to first make a box of dimension 6*3 (width *height). The applicant will do the complete signature in the box which they have drawn in the centre. It will be done with the help of thick tip black/blue ink pen. Fountain pen should be preferred.
Scan only that portion only where the signature is there and not the complete sheet. The candidate will have to save it in the given mentioned formats. The next important thing that they have to check is that the size. It has to be less than 80 kB. In case if it is more than that, they can do the following things:
- Try adjusting the settings of the scanner such that the dpi of the scanner is 200 dpi and quality of image at low.
- If the above does not work, resize the image to the given specifications.