NEET PG 2018 is conducted for MD / MS / PG Diploma admission 2018. NBE has announced NEET PG 2018 Result on January 23, 2018. Applicants can check result and download score card. The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Post Graduation is a qualifying as well as ranking examination. It is held once a year. The computer based exam contains 300 MCQ based questions from syllabus as per GMER with single correct options. NEET PG 2018 was held on a single date that is January 7, 2018, in a single session unlike previous years. Candidates get 4 marks for correct answers and 1 mark is deducted for wrong answers. Get here complete details of NEET PG 2018 including dates, eligibility, application form, admit card, result, cut off.
NEET PG 2018
NEET PG 2018 is the single entrance exam for MD / MS / PG Diploma admission. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare appoints National Board of Examination to conduct NEET PG 2018. Note important dates of NEET PG 2018 here.
|Availability of application form||31 Oct 2017|
|Last date to apply||27 Nov 2017|
|Last date to edit profile||27 Nov 2017|
|Affidavit to be accepted by NBE regarding nomination by GOI under central pool seats until||30 Nov 2017|
|Launch of demo test||15 Dec 2017|
|Release of admit card||01 Jan 2018|
|Date of exam||07 Jan 2018|
|Declaration of result||23 Jan 2018|
|Publication of rank||by 15 Feb 2018|
|End of phone support for NEET PG 2018||31 Jan 2018|
|Cut off date for internship completion||31 Mar 2018|
Candidates must take actions on basis of official schedule of NEET PG 2018.
You can download the following important documents for NEET PG 2018.
NEET PG 2018: Result
NBE releases NEET PG 2018 Result by January 31, 2018. Result is valid for MD / MS / PG Diploma admission 2018. In case of tie, order of getting merit is first on basis of more number of correct answers, then MBBS percentage score, and then date of birth. Result of NEET PG 2018 indicates percentile rank overall, rank on All India Basis and category basis. Candidates can download mark sheet cum result certificate of NEET PG 2018 for All India 50% Quota from nbe.edu.in.
NEET PG 2018: Cut Off
It is necessary to obtain cut off marks in order to qualify. The cut off for NEET PG 2018 is as follows.
|SC / ST / OBC including PWD||40th percentile|
|UR PWD||45th percentile|
Candidates must check NEET PG 2018 FAQs to get answers to their queries. Still if they have any doubt they can contact NBE Candidate Care Support by phone or email. Candidate support shall remain active on all working days until end of January.
- Help line number – 1800 11 1700 (Toll Free), 1800 11 1800 (Toll Free)
- Email – [email protected]
Ask DGHS, GOI for concerns related to availability of seats and counselling. Its contact details are as follows.
- Email – [email protected]
- Helpline number – 011-23062493
Send concerns regarding state quota seats, reservation, counselling to state counselling authorities.
Scope of NEET PG 2018
Admission to following PG Medical courses is on basis of NEET PG 2018:
- All India 50% quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses (all States except Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir)
- State quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses for all States/Union territories of India (including the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana & Jammu & Kashmir)
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at all Private Medical Colleges, Institutions & Universities/Deemed Universities all across the country
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
- DNB Broad specialty courses (January 2018 Admission Session)
The NEET PG 2018 information brochure states that PG seats of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are likely to be included in 50% All India Quota Seats 2018 subject to confirmation by the respective State Governments to MoHFW, Govt. of India.
Other PG medical entrance exams
NEET PG 2018: Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant should have either MBBS Degree or Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate recognized as per Indian Medical Council Act.
- Candidate must have permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by MCI or State Medical Council.
- Applicant must have completed one year of internship or is likely to complete the internship on or before March 31, 2018.
Additional Eligibility Criteria for All India 50% All India Quota Seats
If you studied MBBS in AP / TS / JnK then you are not eligible for 50% AIQ seats. However if GOI nominated you to do MBBS from medical colleges in these states then you are eligible. Please note that in this case you will submit relevant affidavit (see brochure) to NBE by deadline.
Additional Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Medical Graduates
If you are an Indian citizen or overseas citizen who has got primary medical qualification from medical college outside India then,
- You need to qualify FMGE.
- You should have registration with MCI / SMC.
- Your internship should complete by March 31, 2018.
Eligibility criteria for Foreign Nationals in NEET PG 2018
Foreign nationals need not have temporary registration with MCI at time of appearing for NEET PG 2018. MCI may grant temporary registration for duration of PG to allow them to study PG on payment of prescribed fee. This is subject to candidate having appropriate registration with relevant authority in country of graduate study.
NEET PG 2018: Application Form
Online registration for NEET PG 2018 has started on October 31, 2017 at 3 PM. You should apply and submit the form online before 11:59 PM of November 27, 2017. It is advisable to read information brochure and form filling instructions before applying. Furthermore, you should not leave any mandatory field empty. Once form submission is complete, an acknowledgement comes through email; save it for future reference.
Where to apply? – Apply online at nbe.edu.in.
|SC / ST / PWD||Rs 2750|
|General / OBC||Rs 3750|
Instructions to fill application form of NEET PG 2018
- You must apply online at nbe.edu.in. Offline forms are not available.
- Application has to be paid using credit card / debit card / net banking.
- Download acknowledgment that is sent to registered email ID at end of form submission.
- Preserve a hard copy of application form until end of counselling.
How to edit information in NEET PG 2018 Application Form?
Keep in mind that NBE treats all information (including name of candidate, contact address details, category, PWD status, educational qualification details, date of birth) as correct, and does not accept requests for changes. If there is a mistake, click Edit Profile or Edit Application to make changes. This can be done until last date of form submission.
If NBE rejects application form, then it will not entertain requests regarding the same.
NEET PG 2018: Exam Pattern
- NEET PG 2018 is a computer based test.
- There are multiple choice questions in exam.
- There is a single correct answer for each question.
- Total number of questions in NEET PG 2018 is 300.
- Time duration to attempt exam is 3.5 hours.
- All questions are in English language.
- There is negative marking of 25% for incorrect answer.
- Marks allocation: +4 for correct answer, -1 for incorrect answer, 0 for unattempted question.
Subject-wise distribution of questions
|Subject||Number of questions|
|Social And Preventive Medicine||25|
|Medicine Dermatology And Venereology||37|
|Surgery, ENT, Orthopedics, Anasthesia||46|
|Radiodiagnosis And Radiotherapy||12|
|Obstetrics And Gynaecology||25|
NEET PG 2018: Syllabus
Medical Council of India issued, GOI approved, Graduate Medical Education Regulations consist of NEET PG 2018 syllabus. Following is the Medical Council of India Regulations on Graduate Medical Education, 1997, amended upto July 2017. This is the latest record available. Changes, if any, will be available at MCI India website.
NEET PG 2018: Admit Card
Admit card of NEET PG 2018 is generated only for applicants. NBE releases NEET PG 2018 Admit Card upon allotting venue. It is likely to be available around 4 days before exam. Candidates get an intimation via email about it. Also there is a public notification regarding admit card issuance. Download facility for NEET PG 2018 Admit Card is accessible as per schedule on official NEET PG 2018 website.
- Download and print admit card of NEET PG 2018 as per schedule.
- Affix a passport size photograph on it as per specifications.
- Take admit card of NEET PG 2018, valid photo ID in original, photocopy of MCI / SMC registration.
Candidates select choice of city while filling application form. Choice of city depends on availability of test centre. NBE allots exam centre on a first come first serve basis for NEET PG 2018. Candidate is informed of the allotted test center around 4 days before the exam. Please note that NBE does not entertain requests to change center.
Exam day schedule
|Candidates get entry to exam centre and start biometric registration||07:30 AM|
|Entry to exam center stops||09:00 AM|
|Candidate login starts||09:15 AM|
|Candidates can start reading instructions||09:20 AM|
|Exam start time||09:30 AM|
|Exam end time||01:00 PM|
Demo Test – NBE launches a demo test for NEET PG 2018 on December 15, 2017.
NEET PG 2018: Exam centres
|19||Bhilai Nagar||62||Kalaburagi (Gulbarga)||105||Salem|
|24||Bokaro Steel City||67||Karnal||110||Shivamogga(Shimoga)|
New In NEET PG 2018: Exam In Single Session Confirmed
- All candidates who apply for the exam will appear on the same date at the same time on 07 Jan 2018.
- Another change is that there will not be any equating or scaling of marks.
- Candidates must also take note of the new marking scheme.