NEET 2020 entrance examination is conducted by the National Testing Agency (Agency). The NEET 2020 Exam Pattern is given on this page. The candidates who will be applying for this entrance exam are required to go through this page so that they prepare according to the NEET 2020 Exam Pattern. There will be 3 sections in the question paper namely Physics, Chemistry and Biology. All questions will come from syllabus of NEET 2020. The exam is looked forward to be in online mode. To know more information regarding the NEET 2020 exam pattern such as distribution of questions and marking scheme, the candidates can refer to this page.
NEET 2020 Exam Pattern
The candidates who will qualify the NEET 2020 will be qualified for the All India Quota and other quotas, irrespective of the medium of examination opted by the candidates. Following is the information regarding the exam pattern on the basis of which the question paper will be structured. Get well versed with exam pattern if you need good NEET 2020 results.
Number of papers: There will be only one paper which will consist of 180 questions.
Questions: The type of questions will be MCQ. Each question will have 4 options and the candidates have to choose the one option as the answer to the question.
Time: The duration of the examination will be 3 hours.
Languages: The question will be available in 11 different languages. The candidates will have to choose their choice of language in the application form. Following is the list of languages:
- The language once chosen by the candidates will not be changed under any circumstances.
- The candidates who will opt for the English language will be given the question paper in English only.
- The candidates who opt for Hindi or other regional languages will be given Bilingual Question paper. The paper will consist of the questions written in the regional language as well as in the English language.
Distribution Of Questions
|Section||Number of Questions|
Distribution of Marks
- There will be 180 marks each for the sections of Physics and Chemistry.
- Biology which will include Botany and Zoology will be of 360 marks.
- For every correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded.
- For the wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- No marks will be deducted for the questions that are unattempted.
- More than one answer marked for a question will be treated as incorrect and therefore 1 mark will be deducted.
How to Prepare for NEET 2020?
First of all you need to fill in the NEET 2020 application form to appear for the NEET examination.
- First, to solve the solutions it is important to know the basic mathematics as it is required in every section of Physics.
- You can also check NEET 2020 question papers.
- Don’t just memorise the formulas. Try to derive them by understanding it’s working. This way to will be able to solve the problems on the spot.
- Take one question bank and solve the problems each and every day for practice.
- Have a strong theory preparation. Physics is all about the practical knowledge. If you do not understand the concepts then the formulas will not me sense to you.
- Read and Re-read the NCERT as it is the base of the examination. Mostly all the questions will be given from the NCERT only.
- Focus on the diagrams as many questions can be asked from the diagram only.
- Practice mock papers as much as you can get an idea of the kind of questions that will be asked in the paper.
- Read to clear the concepts and solve the questions given in NCERT.
- Read the reaction mechanism for all the reactions given in the book.
- Practice as many mock papers as you can.
- You can also make cycles, flowcharts etc to memorize important points.