NEET 2019 will be held twice a year in online mode. NTA is conducting NEET 2019 in February and May. NTA has announced exam dates, eligibility, application form dates. NEET is national level medical entrance exam for admission to MBBS, BDS. Only AIIMS and JIPMER can conduct separate entrance exam, otherwise all colleges in India accept NEET result for admission. There is no change in syllabus, exam fee, language, and pattern. Candidates interested and eligible for NEET 2019 should fill online application form as per schedule. Get here complete details of NEET 2019 including exam date, eligibility, changes, new rules.
- Should You Appear One or Two Times In NEET 2019? Find out here.
- Will NTA make unique question papers for 14 lakh test takers? This is latest news.
If your goal is to get admission in a medical college in academic session 2019-20, then you have to score well in NEET 2019. A good thing for you is that you are getting TWO CHANCES.
NEET 2019 (February): The first NEET 2019 exam is scheduled to be held from 03 Feb 2019 to 17 Feb 2019. There will be 8 slots. Candidate can opt for any one.
NEET 2019 (May): The second NEET 2019 exam will be held from 12 May 2019 to 26 May 2019. In this too there will be 8 slots of which candidate can opt one.
|NEET 2019||NEET 2019 (February)||NEET 2019 (May)|
|Availability of online application form of NEET 2019||01 Oct 2018||2nd week of Mar 2019|
|Last date to apply||31 Oct 2018||2nd week of Mar 2019|
|Slot booking to start for NEET 2019||To be announced||To be announced|
|Last date to book slots||To be announced||To be announced|
|NEET 2019 Exam Date||03 – 17 Feb 2019||12 – 26 May 2019|
|NTA to issue answer key, response sheet||To be announced||To be announced|
|Declaration of NEET 2019 Results||1st week of Mar 2019||1st week of Jun 2019|
If there are other events like application form correction, answer key objection filing, then NTA will announce them as exam progresses. Please note that National Testing Agency shall be the ultimate decision making body for NEET 2019 important dates now instead of CBSE.
Now, you should know all the changes in NEET.
NEET 2019: Changes and New Rules
Here are all the changes in NEET 2019:
- NTA will conduct NEET 2019 instead of CBSE.
- The medical entrance exam will ne held in online mode only.
- Instead of holding exam once a year, NTA will hold NEET 2019 two times – Feb and May.
- Each time there will be 8 sittings / shifts / slots. Candidates can opt for any one slot.
- Candidates can appear for NEET 2019 in either Feb or May or both times.
- NTA will use psychometric methods, standardization techniques to equate two scores.
- Best score out of two exams (Feb and May) will be used for admission.
- NTA is establishing a network of test practice centres to enable students of rural areas to practice prior to exam.
Official details about NEET 2019 on NTA website are as shown in screenshot below.
NEET 2019: Eligibility Criteria
Simply to be eligible to appear in NEET 2019, you need to fulfill its eligibility criteria. NTA is unlikely to introduce any changes in this. Eligibility criteria of NEET 2019 is given below.
Candidate should fulfill age limit in order to be eligible. Limits are as follows.
|Lower age limit for all candidates||17 years old (as on 31 Dec 2019)|
|Upper age limit for UR candidates||25 years old (as on date of exam)|
|Upper age limit for SC / ST / OBC / PH candidates||30 years old (as on date of exam)|
Changes, if any, to age limit, will be updated when NTA releases NEET 2019 information brochure.
- Candidate should have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English.
- Also, they should have at least 50% marks (or 40% in case of reserved category) in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology in aggregate.
There is no attempts limit in NEET exam.
Exam Pattern of NEET 2019
Apart from mode of exam, other things remain same in exam pattern. Know complete exam pattern of NEET 2019 here.
|Subject||Number Of Questions||Marks||Marking Scheme|
Important aspects of exam you should know:
Exam duration: 3 hours
Languages of question paper:
Syllabus of NEET 2019
Along with exam pattern, syllabus of NEET 2019 is also unchanged. Candidates can follow same syllabus that has been in place for many years.
Aspects of NEET 2019 Syllabus
- NEET 2019 Syllabus contains physics, chemistry, biology of higher secondary stage.
- MCI recommends syllabus of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET UG) after reviewing state syllabus and those by CBSE, NCERT, COBSE. It is a uniform syllabus suitable for all boards.
NEET 2019 Syllabus for Physics is as follows.
Class 11 Topics
- Physical world and measurement
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Work, Energy and Power
- Laws of Motion
- Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Oscillations and Waves
Class 12 Topics
- Current Electricity
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electronic Devices
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
NEET 2019 Syllabus for Chemistry is as follows.
Class 11 Topics
NEET 2019 Syllabus for Chemistry – from class XI syllabus
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Redox Reactions
- s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
- Some p-Block Elements
- Environmental Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques
Class 12 Topics
- Solid State
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- p- Block Elements
- d and f Block Elements
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Coordination Compounds
- Chemical Kinetics
NEET 2019 Syllabus for Biology is as follows.
Class 11 Topics
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants
- Plant Physiology
- Human physiology
- Cell Structure and Function
Class 12 Topics
- Ecology and environment
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and Its Applications
- Genetics and Evolution
How Will NEET 2019 Changes Affect Your Preparation?
Dear student, you must have been working hard for NEET 2019. You have come face to face with this news that there are changes in NEET exam at this juncture. Do not panic. Your preparation will not be affected.
A. Finish syllabus by November or December for NEET February 2019
See, initially also you were told that you should finish your syllabus by November / December. So keep up at that pace. If you finish NEET 2019 Syllabus by November / December, then you can revise for a month, attempt mock tests, and sit for NEET 2019 February exam.
B. Attempt Online Mock Tests
Until now you were probably practicing offline. Now this is the only change in your preparation – to attempt online mock tests. National Testing Agency will also provide official mock tests at nta.ac.in (from August).
- You can either practice official mock tests at nta.ac.in.
- Or you can visit CBSE / KV schools (identified by NTA) to practice mock tests online.
With these two changes, you can easily clear NEET 2019 first exam.
C. New Strategy For NEET 2019 If You Attempt Both Exams
Try to score high in both attempts. Do not let first attempt get wasted by preparing half heartedly for it. As you get two chances, this is how you can utilize both.
- First of all, our suggestion is that you sit for both exams.
- Finish your syllabus by December and try to do your best in NEET Feb 2019 exam.
- Analyse your performance 100% in first exam. Overcome your shortcomings in between Feb to May. If you have board exams, then you have to spare one month for that too.
- In this duration, attempt many mock tests and practice all topics that you find difficult, revise those you find easy.
- When you sit for NEET May 2019 exam, you should be able to do much better than you did in Feb exam, though that is not a thumb rule.
More About Preparation
NEET 2019 Application Form
NTA will issue NEET 2019 Application Form separately for Feb and May exams. Candidates should apply for Feb and/or May exams as per their choice. In either case, all candidates should stick to official timeline for filling and submitting online application form. Key highlights about registration, form filling fee payment are given below.
Candidates need to pay applicable fee amount during registration.
Fee can be paid via online mode.
How to apply?
Steps to submit NEET 2019 Application Form will be published once form releases. An overview of new official website of NTA, nta.ac.in is given here. You can get an idea of expected steps to be followed to fill and submit online application form from here.
- First of all candidates have to visit NTA official website (nta.ac.in).
- There one has to navigate to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.
- On NEET 2019 page, registration and login links can be accessed as per schedule.
- On clicking registration, candidates land on NEET 2019 Registration page where they can now register and fill application form if it is within application form filling window.
- Enter personal details, contact, educational qualification and other information asked for in form.
- Then upload images.
- Pay application fee.
- Check that all details are correct in form and submit it.
NEET 2019 Application Form Correction
Every year students make some or the other mistake in their application form. Then they wait eagerly for application form correction facility to begin. Students are informed to start with that form correction may or may not be available. So it is better to check details while filling NEET 2019 application form.
Usually, images correction starts first. Then correction in data is allowed. Only limited fields can be edited.
Last year, candidates were allowed to edit following details in form:
- Date of birth
- Status of persons with disability.
NEET 2019: Admit Card
NEET 2019 Admit Card refers to hall ticket of exam. It releases online. Candidates will be able to download NEET 2019 Admit Card from official website nta.ac.in.
Date: Date of availability of NEET 2019 Admit Card will be announced.
Mode: Online. Print online admit card for the purpose of appearing in exam.
Purpose: To get entry to exam hall.
How To Download: Candidates can download admit card from nta.ac.in. In order to download it, one has to log in with registration number, date of birth.
Details in NEET 2019 admit card: It will contain name, roll number, category, exam date, slot, instructions.
Documents required along with admit card of NEET 2019: Candidates must carry photograph and identity proof.
NEET 2019: Schedule
Schedule of NEET 2019 is very important to note. This time, exam will be twice a year. Both times, there will be multiple sittings. Candidates can select any one sitting.
Schedule for NEET Feb 2019
|03 Feb 2019||
|04 Feb 2019|
|05 Feb 2019|
|06 Feb 2019|
|07 Feb 2019|
|08 Feb 2019|
|09 Feb 2019|
|10 Feb 2019|
|11 Feb 2019|
|12 Feb 2019|
|13 Feb 2019|
|14 Feb 2019|
|15 Feb 2019|
|16 Feb 2019|
|17 Feb 2019|
Schedule for NEET May 2019
|12 May 2019||
|13 May 2019|
|14 May 2019|
|15 May 2019|
|16 May 2019|
|17 May 2019|
|18 May 2019|
|19 May 2019|
|20 May 2019|
|21 May 2019|
|22 May 2019|
|23 May 2019|
|24 May 2019|
|25 May 2019|
|26 May 2019|
NEET 2019: Exam Centres
National Testing Agency will announce exam centres. NTA will inform cities where it is organizing exam. With growing popularity of exam, number of cities are increasing every year. You can check list of cities where exam took place last year to get an idea which will be nearest for you.
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Gwalior||Ranga reddy|
NEET 2019: Answer Key
After conducting exam, NTA is likely to release answer keys. Until now, CBSE used to release answer key a few days after exam. Prior to that, many coaching centres released answer keys and solutions.
However now, exam will be online. So there is no surety on how coaching centres or individual education experts will release NEET 2019 answer key before NTA.
On the other hand, it is also probable that NTA will release answer key quickly, since exam is online.
NEET 2019: Result
For the first time in history, NEET will be twice a year. There must be many questions in the mind of students about result. Will result declare twice or combined? On what basis will there be admissions? And other such questions. All your doubts will get clear in the paras below.
- NEET 2019 scores of different candidates in multiple sittings will be equated using psychometric methods, standardization techniques.
- Best of two scores will be used for the purpose of admission.
You will get both NEET 2019 Feb exam result and NEET 2019 May exam result. However, only best of two scores will be useful for admission.
NEET 2019: Cut Off
Officially, “In order to be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses for a particular academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum marks in National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test held for the said academic year besides obtaining minimum prescribed marks at the qualifying examination.”
Therefore, it is important to obtain cut off marks in order to qualify exam. Cut off scores are as follows:
- Candidate must obtain at least 50th percentile if he/she belongs to UR category.
- Candidate must obtain at least 40th percentile if he/she belongs to SC / ST / OBC category.
- Those who belong to 45th percentile for those who are UR-PH candidates.
- Those who belong to SC / ST / OBC PH category need to obtain 40th
Please note that here we are talking about percentile cut off.
Marks corresponding to cut off percentile is known once result is out. You can check past year cut offs to get an idea.
|UR||119 (↓ -9.1%)||131 (↓ -9.66%)||145|
|OBC / SC / ST||96 (↓ -10.28%)||107 (↓ -9.32%)||118|
|UR PH||107 (↓ -9.32%)||118 (↓ -9.92%)||131|
|OBC / SC / ST PH||96 (↓ -10.28%)||107 (↓ -9.32%)||118|
NEET 2019: Counselling
After declaration of results, NEET 2019 counselling will take place. This is that process where qualified candidates exercise choices and get seats as per merit. An overview of this process is as follows:
- Candidates check NEET 2019 Result. Result shows whether they cleared cut off or not.
- Those who clear cut off then participate in counselling. Counselling is at all India level and state level.
- Those who want to participate in All India Quota counselling need to register for MCC counselling 2019.
- After registering they have to select choices of colleges and courses.
- Then counselling authorities allot seats to candidates on basis of their NEET 2019 Rank.
NTA: About National Testing Agency
NTA is the exam conducting body of NEET 2019. Apart from NEET, NTA is also conducting Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main), National Eligibility Test (UGC NET), Common Management Admission Test (CMAT), Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT). Formation of NTA got approval in 2017, however it is holding exams for first time in 2019. Now onwards, NEET will be held by NTA only instead of CBSE.
|Status||Society under Societies Registration Act 1860|
|Entrance exams being conducted by NTA||NEET, JEE Main, UGC NET, CMAT, GPAT|
|Purpose||To bring qualitative difference in examination process.|
|Contact||C-20 1A/8 ,Sector 62
IITK Outreach Centre,
|Email ID||[email protected]|
NEET 2019 FAQs
Here are most frequently asked questions on NEET 2019 along with their answers.
Qs. Who will conduct NEET 2019?
Ans. National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct NEET 2019.
Qs. What is NTA?
Ans. NTA is a new body formed in order to conduct entrance exams of higher education in India. in November 2017, Union Cabinet had approved setting up NTA with following functions.
Now MHRD has officially announced that NTA will conduct NEET 2019 and other exams.
Qs. What is the effect of NTA on NEET?
Ans. Effects of NTA on NEET are as follows:
- Now exam will be twice a year.
- Now exam will be in online mode.
Other that, syllabus, language of exam, fee, pattern are not changing.
Qs. If student has additional biology, is he/she eligible?
Ans. Last year, students with additional biology were not eligible. However, as per judgement of court, they were allowed to apply and appear in exam. NEET 2019 information brochure is yet to release; when it does, this point will be clear. However if you have additional biology, you should prepare for exam now.
Qs. If student is from NIOS or other open school, is he/she eligible?
Ans. Last year, students from NIOS and other open schools were not eligible. However, as per judgement of court, they were allowed to apply and appear in exam. NEET 2019 information brochure is yet to release; when it does, this point will be clear. However if you are from NIOS or other open school, you should prepare for exam now.
If you have any queries regarding NEET 2019, please ask in comments below.