NEET 2019 Qualification Code will be codes based on the applying candidate’s last qualifying examination. These qualification codes are to be filled as per the eligibility criteria concerning NEET 2019 Application Form. NEET 2019 aspirants must note that the NEET 2019 Qualification codes will vary as per the applying candidate’s educational qualification. Candidates can check here NEET 2019 Qualification Codes as defined for appearing examination, result awaited examination, qualifying examination, qualification code for NEET droppers and so on from our page below.
NEET 2019 Qualification Codes
Although we have tried to make NEET 2019 desirous candidates understand what exactly will be NEET 2019 qualification codes, it is important that we further elucidate it for the convenience of candidates. Before proceeding with the explanation, we inform candidates that exam date for NEET 2019 is May 05, 2019.
What is NEET 2019 Qualification Codes?
As stated above, NEET 2019 qualification codes will be qualifications and qualifying examination codes that a candidate will have to choose from, as applicable, while filling NEET 2019 application form. These qualification codes are necessary to be filled in with proper care in the application form as it will be ut further for verifiability check at the time of counselling.
Why are NEET 2019 qualification codes important?
Filling in the right NEET 2019 qualification codes is of utmost importance. Failing to fill the exact NEET 2019 qualification code, as applicable per candidate, might lead to canceling of candidature upon verification. Other than that, it gives NEET 2019 aspirants a clear view regarding their eligibility for the same. That is to say, being sure of whether one meets the defined eligibility criteria for NEET 2019 or not will save candidates from any unwanted trouble later on.
What are the basic NEET 2019 qualifications applicable to each NEET 2019 qualifying examination codes?
Along with the qualifying examination codes for NEET 2019, there are a few basic qualification requirements which will be mandatory for NEET 2019 aspirants. These are as follows:
Age Limit- Unreserved (UR) / General category candidates must be between 17 to 25 years old. SC /ST / OBC / PH candidates must be between 17 to 30 years old in order to be eligible.
Lower age limit- Candidates must be of 17 years old as on 31 December 2019. That is, date of birth should be prior to January 01, 2003.
Know further about NEET 2019 Age Limit
Upper age limit- Maximum age of the candidate must be 25 years as on date of exam, which is May 05, 2019. However, SC / ST / OBC / PH candidates will get 5 years of age relaxation. That is to say, the date of birth must be on or before 05 May 1994, or the date of birth must be on or before 05 May 1989 in case of SC / ST / OBC / PH candidates.
Number of NEET attempts- There are no specified maximum attempt limits for NTA NEET examination.
Basic Education Qualification for all NEET 2019 Qualification Codes- Candidates must have appeared class 10+2 from a recognized board and should have a minimum 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology, and English. Also, they must have individually secured passing marks in these subjects too.
Complete List of NEET 2019 Qualification Codes
For the better assistance, we have laid down the complete list of NEET 2019 qualifying examination codes along with the other mandatory qualification requisites as needed during NEET 2019 application process. They are as follows:
NEET 2019 Code 01
This code stands for all those appearing Class 12th candidates whose result is awaited at the time of applying for NEET 2019. The term of applying under this code is that at the time of 1st counselling, such NEET 2019 Code 01 candidates must have a minimum percentage as given:
- Minimum 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology, and English and must have cleared individually these subjects too.
- PH candidates must have minimum 45%. SC/ST/OBC candidates need to have obtained a minimum 40%.
NEET 2019 Code 02
NEET code 02 must be used by those candidates who have cleared their qualifying examination from a Higher / Senior Secondary Examination with a minimum of 12 years of academic curriculum and this should be equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination. The education requirements of NEET 2019 code 02 are:
- Last two years of academic curriculum, i.e. in class 11th and 12th, must include compulsory and continuous studying of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology.
- These subjects must comprise a continuous structure of practical tests.
- Candidates can have mathematics and any other subject as an extra elective subject too, i.e. to say in the format of PCB+M or any other elective subject as applicable.
- English subject is a compulsory core course.
- Marks obtained in mathematics will not be considered for admission to MBBS / BDS courses.
Note: Candidates who will not have their 10+2 course structure as specified by the National Committee on Education, such NEET 2019 aspirants will be required to undergo a period of one year of pre-professional training before seeking admission in any Medical College under NEET 2019.
NEET 2019 Open School / Private School Candidates (NIOS / State Open Schools) and Additional Biology Subject: Candidates under the said category will be considered eligible to appear for NEET 2019.
- NIOS candidates and candidates who had additional biology as their subject in 10+2 will come under NEET 2019 Code 02 if they have already appeared for their qualifying examination.
- NIOS candidates and candidates who have additional biology as their subject in 10+2 will come under NEET 2019 Code 01 if they are appearing for their qualifying examination.
NEET 2019 Code 03
This code will be applicable to those NEET 2019 aspirants who have their qualifying examination in Intermediate / Pre-degree Examination in Science of an Indian University / Board or any other recognized examining body. The mandatory subject requirements are:
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology, and English.
- Compulsory practical tests must be included under Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology / Botany & Zoology
NEET 2019 Code 04
Under this code, the qualifying examination criteria are that the candidates must be a pass out from Pre-professional / Pre-medical Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology, and English. Candidates under this code must also have cleared their examination, with minimum passing marks (as mentioned above), in Higher Secondary Examination / Pre-University/ an equivalent examination. The subject requirements are:
- Compulsory practical tests must be included under Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology / Botany & Zoology.
- English subject must be a compulsory core course under the Higher Secondary Examination / Pre-University/ an equivalent examination curriculum.
NEET 2019 Code 05
This NEET 2019 code 05 is to be filled in by those candidates who have qualified the below given:
- Class 10+2 passed with a minimum 50%, for general candidates (40% for SC / ST / OBC and 45 % for Person with Benchmark Disabilities), marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Biotechnology / Botany & Zoology.
- Post clearing the said above, those candidates who are in the 1st year of their 3 years’ degree course from a recognized University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Biotechnology.
- That said, subjects included in the immediate above point must include practical tests. This curriculum shall fall under University examination.
NEET 2019 Code 06
This will be applicable for all those NEET 2019 aspirants who have completed their B.Sc. examination. These candidates must have at least two of the following subjects under their B.Sc. curriculum- Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botony, Zoology) / Biotechnology. Also, the minimum 10+2 pass requirements will be the same as mentioned above in the basic qualification requirements for all NEET 2019 qualification codes.
NEET 2019 Code 07
Candidates who have appeared or must be appearing, taken that at the stage of 1st counselling they clear the concerned exam, any examination that has the scope and standard equivalent to Intermediate Science Examination of an Indian University / Board. The basic subject requirements are:
- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology / Biotechnology.
- Practical tests must be a mandatory part of these above-stated subjects.
Note: It is important to understand that Pre-medical examination is to be conducted either at a medical college or at a science college.
NEET 2019 Qualification Requirements for Students Educated Abroad
Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons with Indian Origin (PIOs) and Foreign Nationals in order to seek admission in any Indian medical college must have the following requirements:
- These candidates must have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology, and English up to class 12th standard.
- Minimum marks percentage for NEET 2019 for such candidates will be 50%.
- The equivalency of these candidates board / educational university or school is to be determined by the Medical Council of India and the concerned applying university.
- Any such candidate who does not fall under the above given NEET Code 01 to NEET Code 07 category, will have to produce complete verifiable details so as to determine their NEET 2019 eligibility.