NEET 2019 Exam Pattern – NTA is conducting the medical entrance exam as per new NEET 2019 Exam Pattern decided by MCI, MHRD and other concerned bodies. The exam pattern of NEET 2019 indicates subjects from which questions will be asked, number of questions of each, marking scheme, exam duration, and other related details. Candidates appearing in the national level exam should note the examination scheme for the purpose of preparation. In addition they should also check syllabus of NEET 2019 which is recommended by MCI. MHRD has confirmed that the exam pattern will remain the same as last year. It has launched the official website nta.ac.in for the purpose of publishing official details regarding first ever NEET exam being conducted by NTA. Candidates can check examination scheme from information brochure there as per its availability also. Read on to know the detailed NEET 2019 Exam Pattern here.
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern is remaining same as last year. Initially, some changes were proposed. However now the changes have been rolled back. Check the latest changes below.
What’s new in NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
- Initially, NTA was supposed to conduct NEET 2019 in computer based test mode. Now, it will conduct the medical entrance exam in pen and paper mode only.
- Also, the exam was supposed to happen twice a year. Now, like earlier when CBSE used to hold the exam, NEET will be once a year only.
Now that it is clear that NEET 2019 exam pattern will be as before. Let us explain to you what exactly the pattern is.
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET UG) 2019 will have questions on physics, chemistry, biology (botany, zoology). Candidates can check from which subject, how many questions will come, from table below.
|Name Of Subject||Number Of Questions||Marks|
Types of questions
All questions in the exam will be objective / multiple choice questions. Each question will be followed by 4 options. Out of them, only one will be correct. Candidates have to answer most appropriate answer.
Mode of exam
NEET 2019 will be an offline or pen and paper mode test. In this, candidates will get a hard copy of question paper. On the question paper, there will be set mentioned. There will be multiple NEET 2019 question paper sets. Later on, NTA will also release NEET 2019 answer key for all sets. After getting the question paper, candidates have to solve the paper and mark answers in an OMR sheet.
NEET 2019 Marking Scheme
Candidates will get marks in exam on basis of NEET 2019 Marking Scheme. Check the points below for the same.
- Candidates will get +4 marks for correct answer.
- They will face penalty for incorrect answer of -1 mark. In other words, 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- No mark will be awarded or deducted for unattempted question.
There is no compulsion on answering any particular number of questions. Therefore candidates can attempt as many as they can and mark answers. It should however be noted that candidates must mark answers carefully in the OMR sheet.
Duration of exam
NEET 2019 will be of 3 hours. There is no sectional timing. Candidates have to attempt the whole paper in single sitting of 3 hours. They can attempt sections in any order. However they must mark answers in OMR sheet in that order only as they have questions in question paper.
Question Paper Languages
NTA will conduct NEET 2019 in 11 languages. The languages in which candidates can opt for question papers are as follows.
Candidates can note the details regarding question paper languages below.
- They should choose the language in which they want question paper, at time of filling up NEET 2019 application form.
- NTA will not allow anyone to change question paper language option after submission of form.
- Those who select English language will get question paper in English only.
- If candidate selects Hindi, then he/she will get bilingual question paper, in English and Hindi.
- Likewise candidates who select any other language will get question paper in that language and English.
- In the event of any discrepancy in question paper, question in English shall be final.
Language selected will also be indicated in the NEET 2019 admit card.
Calculate Marks As Per NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
Candidates can calculate marks obtained in NEET 2019 as NEET 2019 exam pattern and marking scheme. In order to do that, they must follow steps below.
- First of all, you have to know how many questions are correct and how many are incorrect. So check NEET 2019 answer key.
- Note down number of correct answers. Let us call it “C”.
- Also note down number of incorrect answers. Let us call it “I”.
- Now use NEET 2019 marking scheme
- +4 for correct answer
- -1 for incorrect answer
- Then apply NEET 2019 marks formula.
Marks in NEET 2019 = (4 x C) – (I x 1)
Candidates must note that the NEET 2019 Result will indicate marks obtained as per official final answer key.
If you have any queries regarding NEET 2019 Exam Pattern, please ask in comments below.