Finally, the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) 2018 is over. CBSE conducted it from May 06, 2018, from 10:00 am to 01:00 pm. Since NEET is the biggest medical entrance examination, 13.36 lakh candidates applied for the exam. We reached students at the exam hall to know how their exam went and this is what they had to say:
NEET 2018 Result
CBSE has announced the result of NEET 2018 on June 4, 2018 at 12:20 PM. Canidates can check their result now in online mode. Best of luck!
Click Here For NEET 2018 Result
Get NEET 2018 Answer Key here.
General Reaction of the Students
The candidates gave the following response:
- Checking at the exam center was quite smooth and students have no difficulty.
- NEET 2018 was moderate in level of difficulty.
- The level of difficulty was between 6 to 7or 7 to 8.
- Most of the students had a tough time tackling Physics section.
- Biology section was moderate in the level of difficulty.
- Direct NCERT questions were asked in Biology section.
- However, Zoology section was a bit difficult in comparison to Botany section.
- While some students agreed that the chemistry section was easy, there were few of the view that it had some confusing questions.
National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) is for admissions to the undergraduate dental (BDS), medical courses (MBBS) and Ayush Courses to different colleges. It is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). NEET started from 2016. Before that, it was known as AIPMT. AIPMT is All India Pre Medical Test. It is conducted for admissions to about 60000 government and private medical colleges across India. Lakhs of candidates appear for this single national level medical examination to secure admission to the best medical college of India.
Around 13,26,725 candidates have appeared for NEET 2018 Exam across 136 cities and 2255 centres. Last year, around 11 lakh candidates had appeared for the exam. Out of this 13 lakh candidates, 5,80,648 are males and the rest 7,46,076 are females. A transgender has also registered for the NEET 2018 Exam.
If we see the statistics on the basis of the nationality of the candidates, Indians have dominated the numbers with around 13,23,672 Indians registered for the exam. 530 Overseas Citizens (OCI), 1842 Non-Resident Indians (NRI), 621 Foreigners and 60 persons of Indian Origin had applied for NEET 2018 Exam.