NEET 2018 Results have been declared today i.e. June 04, 2018. Telangana Boy, Rohan Purohit, will remember this day for a long time now. He has secured All India Rank 2 in NEET 2018 Exam. He has scored total 690 marks out of 720 and got 99.999764 percentile in the most important medical exam taken by many candidates.

This year, 7,14,562 candidates have qualified the NEET 2018 Exam out of total candidates. The number of male candidates who qualified the exam is 3,12,399, the number of females qualified is 4,02,162 and 01 transgender also cleared the exam. The total number of students who actually appeared for the exam were 12,69,922. Around 13,26,725 candidates had registered for the NEET 2018 Exam.

State wise, Uttar Pradesh is leading against the rest of the states in terms of the number of candidates who have qualified the exam. The figure stands at 76778. The other two states which have the highest number of qualified candidates are Kerala and Rajasthan with total 72682 and 58738 candidates respectively qualifying for the exam. The least number of qualified candidates are from Daman & Diu where only 100 candidates have qualified for the counselling rounds.

To know about NEET 2019, check NEET 2019

Categorically, the maximum number of qualified candidates has been seen from the OBC Category where 3,27,575 will be eligible for the counselling process followed by 2,68,316 from the Unreserved category. 87,311 from SC and 31,360 from ST have qualified for the counselling rounds.

The NEET 2018 qualified candidates will now be called for the counselling process. They will be called for the process based on the ranks obtained by them in the merit list. The counselling process will be for All India Quota seats which are 15% of the total seats. The rest 85% medical seats will be for the state counselling.

Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will conduct the counselling for 15% All India Quota seats. For AIQ, only those candidates will be eligible who opted for the All India Quota seats and are NEET 2018 Qualified. The eligible candidates have to visit the official website of MCC to know all the details of the process. The schedule for NEET 2018 Counselling will be displayed soon.

Counselling for the rest of the 85% seats will be conducted by the respective state counselling authorities. They will release their own merit list on the basis of the data which the CBSE will send to the respective state counselling authorities.

CBSE NEET 2018 Exam was conducted on May 06, 2018. It was conducted at 2255 examination centres. The answer key for NEET 2018 exam was released on May 25, 2018. Candidates who wanted to raise the objections were given a chance to do so till May 27, 2018.

NEET Dropper? Prepare for 2020 with Aakash Apply Now!!

Leave a Reply