NBE FET 2020– The National Board of Examination conducts NBE FET 2020 exam in lieu of admissions into the Post Doctoral FNB programs annually. The NBE FET 2020 is an MCQ computer based exam held in English language. There are about 100 questions in a particular speciality in the question paper and the passing criteria for the examination is minimum 50th percentile. Check out all the details regarding the NBE FET 2020 exam date, eligibility, syllabus, seat allotment and other important information.
NBE FET 2020
Candidates who have completed their DNB/MD/MS/MCh/DM from a recognised university of the Medical Council of India are eligible to apply for the NBE FET 2020 examination in lieu of pursuing the speciality fellowship program. The NBE awards the fellowship degree to the candidate after the completion of their course. If you too are desirous of pursuing the fellowship course then scroll and know about the NBE FET 2020 examination.
NBE FET 2020
The National Board of Examination conducts the NBE FET 2020 annually in the month of August.
When will NBE announce exam date of NBE FET? It will approximately announce the important dates in the month of June/July. Last year the information bulletin was out on July 10th.
What is the expected exam date of NBE FET 2020? Last year the exam was conducted on the August 27th, 2019. The expected date for this year shall be nearby this date only.
NBE FET Exam Date Trends
NBE FET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
There are a certain criterion which a person has to fulfil in order to be eligible for appearing in the NBE FET 2020 examination. Please read all of them carefully and fill the application form thereafter. Here is the list of the same.
- The candidate should have a post graduate medical degree in (MD/MS/DM/DNB/MCh) recognised by the provisions of the IMC act.
- A candidate should also possess a permanent MBBS registration certificate.
- Please also read this entire list required for entry into Fellowship of National Board courses.
Apart from that, there are some Fellowship courses in which the admission is done through the NEET SS examination and they are as follows.
NBE FET 2020 Application Form
In order to appear for the NBE FET 2020 examination, one has to register themselves on the official website of the National Board of Examination. The application form for NBE FET 2020 is usually out in the month of July only. Candidates can only fill the form in online mode.
Here are the steps to follow while filling the NBE FET 2020 Application Form.
- Go to official website of National Board of Examination for registration.
- You will get the username and password on your mobile phone of mail id.
- After then, fill the application form and also upload your picture and signature.
- Fill your choice of test city center
- Submit the fees and get a print out of the application form.
NBE FET 2020 Exam Fee
The candidate had to submit a fee of Rs. 3750/- in order to appear for the NBE FET 2019 examination. The fees for NBE FET 2020 has not been notified but all kinds of payment has to be done in online mode by either Debit or Credit Card. Please note, the fees will not be refunded for candidates who are absent on the exam day, instead the fees will be forfeited.
NBE FET 2020 Syllabus
There will be 2 parts in the question paper A and B. The total marks of the same will be 100. The Part A will comprise of MCQ’s from the feeder broad speciality course group and the Part B will have about 60 questions pertaining to the concerned Fellowship course. Here is the flowchart describing the same.
NBE FET 2020 Scheme of Examination
The NBE FET 2020 is a slight different from other medical entrances and examinations. It is although conducted in a single day and the duration of the examination is 105 minutes. There is a strict allocation of time during the examination which you can check from here.
- Candidate will be granted entry in exam hall : 9:00 am
- Entry closed for candidates : 10:30 am
- Login Access Granted to Candidates : 10:45 am
- Candidate are allowed to read Instructions : 10:50 am
- Exam Start : 11:00 am
- Exam End: 12:45 pm
Scheme of Marks for NBE FET 2020
- For every correct answer : 4 marks
- For every wrong answer : 1 mark is deducted
- For unattempted question : Zero
NBE FET 2020 Test Centers
The candidates have to fill in their choice of test centres from the given list at the time of filling in the application form. The centres are allotted to the candidate on the subject of availability by the NBE. No change of test centre is allowed after the release of Admit Card.
These are the list of 4 test centres which will be allotted to the candidates for FMGE 2020
NBE FET 2020 Admit Card
The admit card for NBE FET 2020 is released 7 days before the commencement of examination approximately. No examinee is granted entry in the examination hall without their admit cards at any cost.
Photo for admit card: The candidate also has to affix the photo with the following specifications.
- The size of photograph must be 35×45 mm with 75% coverage of face and head.
- The background of the picture should be white.
- There should be no reflection, shadow or red eye.
- No kinks and scratches are allowed on the photo.
- The candidate should have neutral expression.
- The print out of the photograph must be 600 dpi.
- Date of capturing and name of candidate should also be on the photograph.
Important Documents for NBE FET 2020 Exam Day
- The candidate should possess a printout copy of their admit cards with respective photograph.
- The candidate should also have any of these photo ID’s ie Pan Card, Passport, Driving License, Adhaar Card etc.
NBE FET 2020 Results
The results for the NBE FET 2020 are usually out in the mid week of September in PDF format on the official website of nbe.edu.in. The result for 2020 session is only valid for that respective session only and cannot be carried forward.
NBE FET 2020 Qualifying Criteria
A candidate appearing in the NBE FET 2020 examination have to score 50th percentile in order to be termed qualified in the examination. Also, this respective result is for one session only.
NBE FET 2020 Tie Breaking
In case, 2 candidates score the same marks, then a tie breaking criteria is to used to provide their respective ranks in the merit list and they are as follows.
- Candidate having less number of negative marks will be given higher rank.
- Candidate scoring better in Part B will be given higher rank.
- Candidate having less no. of negative answers in Part B will be given higher rank.
- Older candidate will be given higher position.
NBE FET 2020 Seat Allotment
After the declaration of results, the admission of candidates is done through centralised merit based counselling. The seats available in the institutions are usually displayed on the official website of natboard.edu.in.
Frequently Asked Questions
Few details like Name, Mobile No, Email Address and Testing City are not editable after the submission of application form.
Yes, they both are the same examinations, the common names have been given by the candidates only.
No, the NBE FET is only held online and on computer based mode.
The NBE stands for National Board of Examination and FET stands for Fellowship Entrance Test.