JIPMER PG 2021– Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Education and Research has announced the exam date, registration date, result date for JIPMER PG (MD/MS) entrance exam 2021 for January session admission. The exam is scheduled to be held on December 6, 2020. Registration for the same will be open from September 16 to October 21, 2020.
What is JIPMER PG Entrance Exam? Doctors who are desirous of pursuing post graduation courses at JIPMER have to appear for the JIPMER PG 2021 examination which is held twice in a year; once for January session and once for July session. The JIPMER PG exam is conducted in CBT online mode and is an MCQ based paper, the duration for which is 3 hours. The candidates who have completed their MBBS with 55% minimum aggregate and have also completed their Compulsory Rotational Internship for 12 months can apply for the JIPMER PG 2021. Check out the JIPMER PG 2021 important dates, eligibility, syllabus, results and counselling here.
JIPMER PG 2021
The JIPMER PG examination is a single shift usually in the month of June for July session and in December for January session. Candidates should note that they are not eligible for the JIPMER PG entrance examination if they have already completed their MD/MS already from any other recognised medical institution. One can visit the official website https://jipmer.edu.in/ for any updates and changes in the dates and other information.
|JIPMER PG 2021 (Jan Session)||Important Dates|
|Registration start date||16 Sep 2020|
|Registration last date||21 Oct 2020|
|JIPMER MD/MS 2021 exam date||06 Dec 2020|
|First counselling||23 Dec 2020|
|Final counselling||09 Feb 2021|
|Admission ends||27 Feb 2021|
JIPMER PG 2021 Exam Date
As stated above, the JIPMER PG is conducted in 2 sessions throughout the year. Insofar, JIPMER has already released the dates for January session for the academic session 2021-22. However, candidates should note that JIPMER reserves the right to reschedule the examination / counselling date due to unforeseen circumstance or periodic directives from the competent authority.
JIPMER PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should read the entire eligibility criteria and conditions before the application form for the JIPMER PG examination 2021. These essential conditions are very important for the candidate and thus need to be fulfilled according to the institutions norms. Read out the list of the JIPMER PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria from below.
- The candidates need to be an MBBS graduate and should be registered as a medical practitioner with the Medical Council of India.
- He/Should have passed their under graduation with the following aggregate
- 55% for OBC and Unreserved category.
- 50% for SC/ST
- The candidate must have completed his/her ” Compulsory Rotational Internship” of 12 months or must be completing it by December 31st if applying for the January session.
- He/She must be an Indian Nation or Overseas Citizen of India
Important Note : If you are a foreign national, then you need to request permission for your application from the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India,An advance copy of the application and copy of request to MCI must be submitted at JIPMER, Puducherry.
JIPMER PG 2021 Application Form
The candidate are advised to read out the eligibility criteria for JIPMER PG before filling up their application forms. Any candidate who has filled up the application form but does not fulfil the eligibility criteria will be rejected there and then. Candidates also need to note that they can only fill the JIPMER PG application forms online and no forms are available offline. The JIPMER PG 2019 July Session registration is expected to start from the March 4th, 2020. Check how to apply for JIPMER PG 2020 from below.
How to Apply for JIPMER PG 2021
- Candidates first need to log into the https://jipmer.edu.in/ official website in order to register themselves as soon as the registration for the same starts.
- After reading the prospectus carefully, log in and start filling all the required personal information. Please fill your application form with full focus because no change /editing option is given to the candidate at any stage.
- After you have filled the application form, pay the respective fee which is different for each and every category.
- Upload your scanned signature and photograph according to the given specifications.
- Click on the submit button.
Examination Fee for JIPMER PG
- General / OCI/ Sponsored – Rs. 1600+ Transaction Charges
- OBC – Rs. 1600+ Transaction Charges
- SC/ST -Rs. 1200+ Transaction Charges
- Foreign Nationals : Rs. 3000 + Transaction Charges
- OPH/PWD – No application fees
Required Specifications for Uploading of Photograph and Signature
The candidates are required to fill their application form and also upload the scanned copy of their photograph and signature according to the specifications listed down below.
Specifications for Scanned Photograph for JIPMER PG
- Candidates should upload one latest passport size photo in white background.
- He/she should have placard in their hand in the photograph mentioning their name and date of capturing the photograph.
- The size of the photograph should be (30mm width x 45mm Height).
- The background of the photograph should be light and there should be no black and white Polaroids in the background.
- Candidate should upload this photography with the name ” Candidate Photograph.jpg” and minimum size of which should be 20kb.
Specifications for Scanned Signature for JIPMER PG
- Uploading a scanned signature is also a very important step while filling the application form.
- The candidates should sign on a white paper with a black ball point pen and upload it in size 80mm Width X 35mm Height.
- The name of the signature file should be ” Candidate Signature.jpg.
JIPMER PG 2021 Admit Card
The conducting authority ie JIPMER uploads the admit card of the candidates usually a few days before the JIPMER PG examinations. Candidates need to note that admit cards will only be upload for those who pass the eligibility criteria and have filled the application form of JIPMER PG duly. No entry is allowed into the examination hall without the possession of the admit card, so please keep it safe and do not forget to carry it to the examination centre.
Important Information in the JIPMER PG Admit Card
Candidates should note that no information can be altered once the admit card for the examination has been released. Following are the details mentioned in the candidate’s admit card.
- Venue/ Test Center of Examination
- Time of Examination
- Respective Shift of Examination
- Photograph and Signature
- Roll Number of the Candidate
There are a few rules and regulations which the JIPMER entity follows when it comes to Admit Card. Here are the mentioned details.
- The DOB/Name/Age and Category cannot be changed after the release of Admit Card.
- Candidates cannot request to rectify any information whatsoever.
JIPMER PG 2021 Test Centres
The candidates are supposed to select 4 choice of test city centres from the given list of 10. JIPMER will although allot test city centres on the first cum first serve basis. Once the test centre has been allotted to the candidate, it cannot be changed under any circumstances. So, candidates are hereby requested to fill in their choice of test centres carefully and report to the test centre about 2 hours before the commencement of the examination. Here is the list of 10 test city centres.
- New Delhi
Important Point to Note: The test city centers are usually in the 20 to 25 kms radius from the main city so candidates are advised to visit the exam day venue one day prior.
JIPMER PG Distribution of Seats
The JIPMER PG is an examination held for granting entrance to the eligible candidates into the MD/MS course in various institutions of JIPMER. These courses are about 36 months long ie 3 years. Below given is the table showing the distribution of seats according to various disciplines.
Seat Distribution for MD Courses in JIPMER
|Name of Discipline||For Indians/OCI||Indian candidates sponsored by Govt.||Foreign National Candidates|
|Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology||3||0||0|
|Immuno Hematology & Blood|
Seat Distribution for MS courses in JIPMER
|Name of Discipline||For Indians/OCI||Indian candidates sponsored by Govt.||Foreign National Candidates|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||9||1||0|
Syllabus for JIPMER PG Exam
The JIPMER PG question paper will consists of 250 questions in all and all the questions are MCQ type. Below are the number of questions and the covered subjects in the syllabus of JIPMER PG.
Basic Clinical Science – 100 Questions
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
Clinical Sciences -150 Questions
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Community Medicine
- Radio diagnosis
- Radio therapy
- Emergency Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine and Blood Transfusion Medicine
How to Prepare for JIPMER PG 2021
JIPMER is considered as one of the toughest examinations to crack but it is definitely not impossible. With the right kind of preparation, one can definitely ace the examination. Check out ways on how to prepare for JIPMER 2021 examination from the steps down below.
- Be super thorough with the past year papers as you will then be acquainted with the design of the question paper.
- Have a good understanding of what has been taught to you in the MBBS as many standard questions are asked in the paper.
- The best time to start for your JIPMER PG exam is the 2nd year of MBBS.
- Pay attention to what is taught in the medical internship as practical knowledge will help you learn the concepts swiftly.
Best Books for JIPMER PG 2021
- Smart Study Series: Microbiology by Arvind Gupta
- Self Assessment and Review of Microbiology by Arvind Arora
- Review of PGMEE, Vol 2 by Amit Ashish
- Smart Study Series: Pathology by Charanjeet Ahluwalia
- Review of Pathology and Genetic by G.R.Garg & Sparsh Gupta
JIPMER PG Exam Pattern
The JIPMER PG examination has 250 MCQ questions categorised into two concepts where in the ” Basic Clinical Science” consists of 100 questions and the Clinical Sciences consists of 150 questions. Here is the brief explanation of the scheme of examination.
- Number of Sessions for JIPMER PG : 2 | January and July
- Language : English
- Number of Questions : 250
- Type of Questions : MCQ
- Mode of Exam : CBT
- Conducting Body : JIPMER
- Qualifying Criteria : 50th percentile
- Time: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
JIPMER Allocation of Marks
- For every correct answer – 4 mark allotted
- For every incorrect answer – 1 mark deducted
- For every non -attempted question – Zero
JIPMER PG Results
The JIPMER declares the results for the JIPMER PG examination in the form of merit lists on it’s official website ie jipmer.edu.in. Candidates should note that there is no provision or rechecking or revalution of exam papers after the declaration of JIPMER PG results. Here are the types of merit lists that are released by JIPMER.
- Overall Merit list
- Other Backward Classes Candidate Merit list
- Scheduled Caste Candidate Merit list
- Scheduled Tribe Candidate Merit list
- Institute Candidate Merit List
- PwD / OPH Candidate Merit List
- Sponsored Candidate Merit List
- Foreign National Candidate Merit list
JIPMER PG 2020 Qualifying Criteria
The qualifying criteria for JIPMER 2020 has been given below, any updation in the same will be mentioned in the brochure of the examination.
- For Unreserved (UR)/Inst/OCI/FN/Sponsored : 50
- For Unreserved (UR) – OPH : 45
- SC / ST / OBC /- OPH : 40
JIPMER PG Counselling
The JIPMER conducts a total of 10 counselling session for all those who have their ranks on the merit list. Candidates are supposed to reach the given center along with these following documents. Please note that there will be no change in the dates of counselling and no personal intimidation will be sent to any candidates for the same. Counselling dates can be checked from the official website only.
- Original Hall Ticket with seal of the Invigilator
- Rank letter
- Certificate showing the date of birth (Birth Certificate/SSLC mark List)
- MBBS Mark Statement
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Conduct Certificate obtained from the Institute last attended.
- Transfer Certificate obtained from the Institute last studied
- Migration Certificate obtained from the University last attended.
- MBBS Degree or Provisional Pass certificate
- Permanent Medical Registration Certificate
- Adhaar Card and Identity Proof
- 4 Pass Port Size Photographs
Frequently Asked Questions
The NMC has proposed the bill to scrap a few examinations but there has been no talks about the JIPMER PG examination so far.
Yes, the JIPMER PG is conducted in one single shift in one day.
No, there is no provision to make edits or changes in the JIPMER PG application form after you have submitted it.