JIPMER PG 2019 – Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry (JIPMER) offers Post Graduate courses in MD/MS for a duration of three (3) years i.e 36 months from the date of admission. Courses are offered in the following disciplines include 19 courses under MD and 5 courses under MS courses for a total of 100 setas. JIPMER is conducted twice a year for January and July session. Get all the information related to January session below in the Article.
JIPMER holds Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG) and Super Specialty Medical Training through a working hospital (JIPMER Hospital) and a Nursing College. M.B.B.S., B.Sc., M.Sc., M.D., M.S, Degree Courses are offered in various disciplines. Super Specialty departments of Cardiology, Neurology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Urology, Plastic Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, Pediatric Critical care, Neonatology, Clinical Immunology, Clinical Pharmacology, Nephrology, Medical Oncology, Endocrinology, Surgical Oncology and Surgical Gastroenterology also offer D.M./ M.Ch. Courses. Full-time Ph.D. Programs are available in fifteen disciplines as on date. Master of Public Health (30 seats) Post Basic Diploma Courses in Nursing (50 Seats in five disciplines).
JIPMER PG 2019
The JIPMER PG 2019 entrance examination will be held in the single shift
|Online Registration from||Second week of Sep 2018|
|Online Registration closes on||Third week of Oct 2018|
|Admit Card||First week of Nov 2018|
|Entrance Exam||Third week of Nov 2018|
JIPMER PG 2019 Eligibility Criteria
For admission to JIPMER 2019 for MD/MS courses aspirants can check the eligibility below:
Indian Nationality: Candidates must be an Indian National or Overseas Citizens of India (OCI).
Foreign Nationals: Foreign Nationals candidates are required to route their application through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi. All Foreign Nationals will have to take prior permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for Postgraduate Courses in the Institute. An advance copy of the application and copy of the request to MCI must be submitted at JIPMER, Puducherry before the last date of receipt of applications. In the events of selection, the candidate has to apply for temporary registration with the medical council of India for the duration of the postgraduate study.
Educational Qualification: The candidates must possess MBBS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
Internship: A candidate must have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating internship/Practical training on or before 30th June 2019 [*Candidates not completing the internship on or before 30-06-2018 need not apply for July 2019 session. No condonation of Compulsory Rotating Internship beyond this date shall be accepted].
Minimum Qualifying Marks: Minimum qualifying marks are according to candidates category
- For all other categories including OBC Category 55% marks in aggregate
- For candidates belonging to the SC/ST Categories 50% marks in aggregate
- For OPH candidates the minimum aggregate as provided in (i) and (ii) for the category to
which the candidate belongs shall apply.
Application Status: Candidates who have already done/ completed MD/MS in any subject in any Institution are not eligible for admission to MD/MS course at JIPMER.
For Sponsored Candidates
A candidate applying for admission as a sponsored/ deputed candidate is required to fulfill the following
- That the candidate concerned is a permanent or regular employee of the deputing / sponsoring authority, and should have been working for at least last three years (on or before 31 June 2019 for July 2019 session).
- After getting training at JIPMER, Puducherry, and the candidate will be suitably employed by the deputing/ sponsoring authority to work for at least five years in the specialty in which training is received by the candidate at the JIPMER.
- No financial implications, in the form of emoluments/ stipend etc. will devolve upon JIPMER, Puducherry during the entire period of his/her course and such payment shall be the responsibility of the sponsoring authority.
Sponsorship / Deputation of candidates will be accepted only from the following:
- Central or State Government Departments/Institutions
- Autonomous Bodies of the Central or State Government
- Public sector colleges affiliated to universities and recognized by the MCI. In case of candidate deputed/ sponsored by the Medical College affiliated to Universities and recognized by Medical Council of India, deputation/sponsorship certificate signed by the Principal of Medical College concerned only shall be accepted.
Sponsored/Deputed candidates are also required to appear in the common entrance examination. If selected for admission to any course of the Institute, these candidates are required to make their own arrangement for stay during the period of their studies.
For Foreign National Candidates
A candidate applying for admission as Foreign National Candidate is required to fulfill the following conditions-
- Foreign Nationals are required to fill in the prescribed online application form only one discipline of their choice for admission to Postgraduate courses for MD/MS degree.
- They are required to send their Registration Slip of online application through Diplomatic Channel. Also, need to appear in the Competitive Entrance Examination along with other candidates. An “Advance Copy” to be submitted at JIPMER before the last date of online registration. However, the application of all such candidates will be processed only after receipt of the same.
- Will be considered against the seats under the “Foreign National” category only for MD/MS courses. They should be registered with MCI before they will be allowed to join the said course if they are selected for the same through the entrance examination.
- Nominations/No objection to the candidate should reach the Office of the Dean (Academic), JIPMER, Puducherry – 605 006 before the date of issue of the Admit Card. In case of non-receipt of the nominations /clearance/ no objection from the concerned Ministry by the due date, their candidature will not be considered.
- No emoluments will be paid by JIPMER to the Foreign Nationals candidates.
For Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
The Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) registered under section 7A of the Citizenship Act, 1955 are eligible to apply. The OCI candidates will be considered in Unreserved Category quota. They will be included in the Overall Merit List.
JIPMER PG 2019 Application Form
Admission Form for JIPMER PG 2019 can be filled via online mode only any other mode of application will not be accepted. Candidates seeking admission to entrance examination are required to read the prospectus and instruction carefully. The candidate should acquaint himself/ herself with all requirements with regard to filling up the application online. The application fee for JIPMER 2019 has to be paid through any one of the following mode- Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card. No other mode of payment will be accepted.
JIPMER PG 2019 Admit Card
Admit Card for JIPMER PG 2019 entrance exam will be available to those candidates whose Application Form is complete in all respect before the due date. The Admit Card will be available online on the official website and on the link given below. The Admit Card will contain Name and Date of Birth as typed by the candidate in the Application, Photo and Signature images as uploaded by the candidate, Examination City allotted and Roll Number. Request for Rectification / Change of any other details in the Admit Card shall not be considered under any circumstances. Candidates will not be allowed to appear for the Entrance Examination unless he/ she produce the Admit Card along with ID proof in original & a photocopy of the same.
Candidates should carry Admit Card along with Valid Identity proof (in original) and photocopy (Xerox) of the same ID proof inside the hall. Candidate will not be allowed to take the examination without valid Admit Card and Valid ID Proof.
Valid ID Proof: Aadhar/ E-Aadhar with validated digital signature/ Passport) ID Proof other than mentioned above will not be permitted/ accepted under any circumstances except to the candidates from the states of Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu and Kashmir the following Identity Proof (ID Proof) will be considered in addition to the ID proof mentioned above due to non-implementation of Aadhar scheme.
1. Bank Passbook with a photograph
2. Voter ID
3. Driving License
4. Any other valid Government identity Proof with a photograph
Note: Candidates are advised to preserve their Admit Card, which is mandatory for admission.
JIPMER PG 2019 Exam Pattern
The entrance exam for JIPMER 2019 will be conducted online through a Computer Based Test (CBT) only. The Duration of the examination shall be 3 hours (Three hours). The Online (CBT) Entrance Examination will be conducted in One shift. The date of Entrance Examination will not be changed under any circumstances. The venue, time and shift of the examination will be communicated to the candidates in
the Admit Card.
It is important to note that the examination will be conducted in English medium only. The Entrance Examination is common to all and consists of 250 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the following subjects and the distribution of the number of question is as detailed below:
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|Basic Clinical Sciences (Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology,
Pharmacology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine & Toxicology).
|Clinical Sciences (Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radio-diagnosis, Radiotherapy, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine and Blood Transfusion Medicine).||150|
The following 11 cities are tentatively proposed in India as the examination centers for JIPMER 2019 below. The applicant can opt only for Three Exam Cities. The allotment of Exam City would be as per the order of preference clicked by the applicant during online registration on a First Come First basis. In case, a city is canceled due to non-availability of a minimum number of candidates in that city. JIPMER shall do necessary re-allocation of candidates who have chosen that city. In case of any unforeseen circumstances the Exam City can be canceled at any point in time and a new Exam City can be allotted en bloc with the due intimation in website/ text message.
|Serial Number||Exam City|
Note: Normally the first preference would be allotted. Depending upon local conditions, JIPMER reserves the right to allow any other Exam City other than the preferences given by the applicant.
JIPMER PG 2019 Syllabus
JIPMER PG 2019 syllabus for entrance examination will be held in two subjects. Candidates can check the various topics below-
Basic Clinical Sciences
- Forensic Medicine
Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radio Diagnosis, Radio Therapy, Emergency, Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine and Blood Transfusion Medicine.
JIPMER PG 2019 Selection Process
The Selection process for JIPMER 2019 will be based on the performance of the candidate in the entrance exam. The candidate must click the ‘Submit’ button before the closing of the examination as only after that the response chose by the candidate will be considered. Answers marked as ‘Marked for Review and Answered’ will be considered as Answered. ‘Marked for Review and Unanswered’ will be considered as not answered. For each correct answer four marks will be awarded and for each wrong answer, one mark will be deducted. The score such obtained will be the Raw Score. The Raw Score will be used to determine Percentile score (for the purpose of Eligibility using Cut-Offs and determining Merit/ Ranking). The percentile score of each candidate will reflect what Percentage of Candidates have scored below that Candidate in the Entrance Examination.
Method for Resolving ties:
When two or more candidates have secured equal Percentile in the entrance examination, merit will be determined in the following order-
- Negative Marks:-The candidate scoring less negative mark will be placed higher than that of
the other candidate.
- Age:– In case a tie still exists, the candidate elder by age will be ranked higher than the other candidates.
The Merit list of JIPMER 2019 will be based on the Percentile scored in the entrance examination. Candidates who secure less than the minimum percentile in the entrance examination will not
be considered for admission and their names will not be included in the Merit List. For details of category wise based Percentile refer to the table below.
|Unreserved (UR) – OPH||45|
|SC / ST / OBC /- OPH||40|
Based on the result of the Competitive Entrance Examination, the following merit lists will be prepared based on Percentile Scores:
- Overall Merit list
- Other Backward Classes Candidate Merit list
- Scheduled Caste Candidate Merit list
- Scheduled Tribe Candidate Merit list
- Institute Candidate Merit List
- OPH Candidate Merit List
- Sponsored Candidate Merit List
- Foreign National Candidate Merit list
Note: For each of the category candidates who will be called for counseling will be ten times the number of seats available.
JIPMER PG 2019 Counselling
Shortlisted list of candidates who qualify for counselling will report at the venue, date and time which will be mentioned on the website. Biometric fingerprint and image verifications of the candidate will be done on the day of counseling. If any mismatch, the candidate won’t be allowed to attend the counseling apart from proceeding with legal action as per the Institution. Following certificates are required to be submitted in original along with self-attested photocopies:
- Original Admit Card with a seal of the Invigilator.
- Rank letter.
- Certificate showing the date of birth (Birth Certificate/ SSLC mark List).
- MBBS Mark Statement.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Conduct Certificate obtained from the Institute last attended.
- Transfer Certificate obtained from the Institute last studied.
- Migration Certificate obtained from the University last attended.
- MBBS degree or Provisional Pass certificate.
- Permanent/ Provisional Medical Registration Certificate. (Permanent Medical Registration
The certificate should be produced at the time of joining the course). The candidates from Andhra
Pradesh has to produce a letter (in his/her name) from the Andhra Pradesh Medical Council
stating that his/ her original registration certificate has been retained and a photocopy of
the Registration Certificate issued by Andhra Pradesh Medical Council can be acceptable for
- Residence certificate issued by Revenue Authority, not below the rank of Tahsildar or
Aadhar card or Voter ID or Passport copy.
- In case of Other Backward Classes/ Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe, a Community
Certificate, recently obtained from the competent authority – a Revenue Officer not below the
rank of Tahsildar.
Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates should produce the required certificate as per the
format in the Annexure-II.
Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe (SC/ST) candidates should produce the required certificate as
per the format in the Annexure-III.
- Certificate from the Institute last studied, stating that the degree obtained by him/ her from
that Institute is recognized by Medical Council of India.
- Service candidate should produce NOC/ Relieving Order and a certificate granting study leave
with or without pay as the case may be.
- Proof of Registration as OCI (in case of Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
- Medical Certificate in case of Orthopedic Physically Challenged candidates.
- Passport size color photograph – 4 Nos.
The Original Certificates will be retained in the Academic Section and returned only after the candidate completes the course or if relieved in mid-way for any reason. It is mandatory for all candidates to be physically present in person for counseling on the day a failure in doing so will be marked as absent. Adequate number of Candidates will be called from merit list from all the categories so that Roster Point is not blocked due to lack of attendance. Second counseling will be held if seats are vacant. All the counseling including the final one will be done according to the category rank as per the Roster Point allocation method. Production of all original certificates is mandatory. The candidate has to produce either Original or Bonafide certificates at the time of counseling otherwise will not be allowed to participate in counseling. In case of Bonafide certificate the candidate has to submit original certificate within five working days or else the seat automatically stands canceled.
Note: The detection of any discrepancy in the caste certificate will be subject to cancellation of registration even after admission to the course. The name, designation and the seal of the officer should be legible in the certificate. Certificate from any other person or authority will not be accepted.
JIPMER PG 2019 Seat Allotment Result
The marks/Percentile Scores of individual candidate will be made available on JIPMER website given below. The list of candidates who qualify for counseling to the MD/MS course will also be declared on the website only. Selected candidates will go through a medical examination on or before the stipulated date given in the letter of selection. The selected candidates should pay the requisite fees of Rs. 15,960. The admission of candidates, who fail to pay the specified fee by the date or fail to join the course or fail to report for duty to the concerned Head of the Department and has not worked in the Department, will be treated as canceled.
JIPMER PG 2019 Fee Structure
Candidates can refer fee structure from the table below. The Admission fees have to be paid at the Academic Section, JIPMER on the counseling day after the completion of counseling process.
|Description||Fee in Rs.|
|Admission Fee (one time.)||3,000.00|
|Academic Fee (p.a.)||2,200.00|
|Learning Resource Fee (One Time)||9,000.00|
|Corpus Fund on Academic Fee (p.a.)||110.00|
Note: The fees is non-refundable after the payment.
Books To Prepare For JIPMER PG 2019
- Across – A Complete Review of Short Subjects (Volume 1 Part A): Main topics covered across (Vol 1- Part A) are Skin, Anaesthesia, Radiotherapy, Nuclear Medicine, Radiodiagnosis.
- Across – A Complete Review of Short Subjects (Volume 1 Part B): Main topics covered across (Vol 1- Part B) are Psychiatry, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics.
- Across – A Complete Review of Short Subjects (Volume 2 Part A): Main topics covered across (Vol 2 Part A) are Physiology and Biochemistry.
- Across – A Complete Review of Short Subjects (Volume 2 Part B): Main topics covered across (Vol 2 Part B) are Anatomy and Forensic medicine and toxicology.
- Review of Pathology and Genetics by Gobind Garg and Sparsh Gupta: This book includes Solved MCQs (PGMEEs- AIIMS, PGI Chandigarh, DNB, All India and State entrance exam).
- Review of Pharmacology by Gobind Garg and Sparsh Gupta: Detailed study of pharmacy with questions and answers.
- Self Assessment & Review – Microbiology & Immunology by Rachna Chaurasia and Anshul Jain: This book provides detailed coverage of immunology and parasitology. Authentic and complete question Bank with latest references and correct answers to the following state’s examination has been added.
- Self Assessment and Review ENT by Sakshi Arora: It is a comprehensive book for all medical students studying a postgraduate program in Otolaryngology. The book covers the basic of the subjects and summarizes a number of essential books on the subject.
JIPMER PG 2019 Preparation Tip
JIPMER is considered as one of the best Medical colleges in India. Students should prepare well before the examination. The key to success in the examination is to know the syllabus and pattern for the exam. Candidates should prepare using good study resources as mentioned above. Mock test and solving Previous Year Question Paper can be very helpful. Prepare a good strategy and follow it.
Official Website: www.jipmer.puducherry.gov.in/