Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER), Puducherry, has announced the JIPMER PG result 2019 on the official website, jipmer.edu.in. JIPMER PG 2019 result is released in form of overall merit list and separate category wise merit lists in the form of pdf files. This merit wise prepared result carries the ranking order of qualifying students. Post the merit wise result, the individual rank letter detailing of each candidate is made available on the official website. Get complete details of JIPMER PG 2019 result from our page.
JIPMER PG 2019 Result
Candidates who appeared for the examination need to procure the minimum cutoff percentile score in order to be declared qualified for counselling. JIPMER PG 2019 result is announced, the counselling call for merit ranked candidates will soon be displayed on the official website. Candidates are requested to refer the below-given schedule for dates concerning JIPMER PG result 2019.
|JIPMER PG 2019||July Session|
|JIPMER PG 2019 exam date||18 May 2019|
|Declaration of merit list|
Result: Click here to check Rank Letter for JIPMER MD/MS 2019.
JIPMER PG 2019 Result, Overall Merit List, can be check from here:
JIPMER PG MD/MS July 2019 Result Notice
How JIPMER PG (MD/MS) Result 2019 has been Announced?
These are the steps in which JIPMER releasing JIPMER PG 2019 result:
Step 1: JIPMER releases an overall merit list along with category wise merit list of shortlisted candidates only in form of separate pdf files. This will carry the merit wise order ranking of the shortlisted candidates. The different merit lists to be declared are as follows:
- Overall (Common) Merit list
- Other Backward Classes Candidate Merit list
- Scheduled Caste Candidate Merit list
- Scheduled Tribe Candidate Merit list
- Institute Candidate Merit List
- OPH Candidate Merit List
- SponsoredCandidate Merit List
- Foreign National Candidate Merit list
Step 2: A few days later Individual Rank Letter per candidate will be released. This individual rank letter will carry the following details per candidate as
- Correct Response as made in the JIPMER PG 2019 entrance test)
- Negative Response
- Total marks scored by the said candidate
- Date of Birth
How to check JIPMER PG (MD/MS) 2019 Result?
Candidates who appeared for the examination can check JIPMER PG 2019 result. As stated above, the result for JIPMER PG 2019, for both the session, is declared in an online mode. As per last year’s result declaration dates, JIPMER PG 2019 expected result dates are to be somewhere towards the last week of December 2018, for its January Session and for its July session somewhere in the last week of May 2019. Below we have mentioned the needed steps in order to download JIPMER PG 2019 result.
Candidates are to note, the steps will be the same for both the sessions.
- Candidates are required to visit the official website or click on the link provided above.
- Under the “Announcement” section of the official website, or the running notice on the homepage of the website, look out for “Results – MD / MS Courses January / July Session held on Day of JIPMER PG 2examinationatin”.
- Here, candidates will be required to click on the link. Upon doing so, candidates will be directed to a page wherein they will have to provide their “Candidate ID” and “Password” (as generated during the time of JIPMER PG 2019 online registration).
- Once the login credentials are provided, candidates will be able to see the result. This page must be downloaded by the candidates and save for future reference.
Note: As stated officially in last year’s released JIPMER PG 2019 Notice for Result, no individual communication will be made separately for any candidate.
Evaluation of JIPMER PG 2019
It is essential for appearing candidates to understand how the evaluation of individual candidate JIPMER PG 2019 (both sessions) will be done. The most important point to be noted is, evaluation of any candidate’s performance in the entrance test will be done in terms of the percentile cutoff that will be released soon officially by JIPMER. It is crucial to understand that the merit ranking will be done on the basis of percentile score. As per last year’s data, the percentile cutoff was:
|Unreserved (UR) /Inst / OCI / FN / Sponsored||50|
|Unreserved (UR) – OPH||45|
|SC / ST / OBC /- OPH||40|
Note: The decision about whether a candidate meets the said cutoff percentile or not will be calculated on the basis of percentile score. This percentile score will be used to define the merit ranking of the individual candidate which will further help prepare the overall merit lists.
Method of Resolving Tie
In case there is a tie between any student in the said examination, the Institute will resolve it by implementing the following methods:
Less Negative Marks: Candidates having less negative marks will be placed above candidates who have more negative marks.
Age: In case the tie still persists, a candidate who will be senior in terms of age, will be ranked higher.
How will JIPMER prepare percentile score?
- Firstly before preparing the percentile score, a raw score will be prepared. This raw score will depend on individual candidate’s total number of correct responses, deducted wp-admin/negative marking per incorrect answer in JIPMER PG 2019 examination.
- The percentile score of each Candidate will reflect what Percentage of Candidates have scored below that Candidate in Entrance Examination. It will be done as follows:
Percentile Score Calculation:
Number of candidates from the group with aggregate marks less than a candidate x 100
Total Number of candidates who appeared in the examination
What To Do Post Declaration of JIPMER PG 2019 Result?
Candidates whose name will be mentioned in the different merit lists will be called in for counselling. JIPMER will release a separate ” Notice for Shortlisted candidates” in which it will mention the ranks of shortlisted candidates to be called in for counselling, the venue and time of counselling, and any other important information as per then. Shortlisted candidates will have to be present in person on the day of their assigned counselling. It will be mandatory for such candidates to carry their Rank Letter on the day of counselling.