Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research is organizing JIPMER PG 2018 MD / MS entrance exam on November 19, 2017. JIPMER PG (MD/MS) January 2018 session admission is on basis of this exam. Admit card of JIPMER PG 2018 has been released for applicants. Candidates can download admit card at jipmer.edu.in. Based on merit (rank) in entrance exam as per result, JIPMER will call qualified candidates for counselling. There are overall 90 seats in MD / MS programs at JIPMER. Get here complete details of JIPMER PG 2018 including application form, admit card, result, counselling, eligibility, dates, exam pattern, syllabus.
JIPMER PG 2018
JIPMER Puducherry conducts entrance exams for MD/MS twice a year; one for January session admission, and another for July session admission. JIPMER PG (MD/MS) January 2018 Session are in following table.
|Commencement of online registration||11 Sep 2017|
|Last date for form submission||20 Oct 2017|
|Availability of hall ticket||01 Nov 2017|
|Date of exam||19 Nov 2017|
|Declaration of result and merit list||30 Nov 2017|
|First counselling||13 Dec 2017|
|Second counselling||10 Jan 2018|
|Third counselling||31 Jan 2018|
|Final counselling||26 Feb 2018|
|Formalities for admission||28 Dec 2017|
|Admission letter and hostel accommodation letter issuance||29 Dec 2017|
|Course commencement||01 Jan 2018|
|End of admission process for JIPMER PG 2018 MD/MS January Session||28 Feb 2018|
Candidates must act as per official schedule.
Eligible candidates can appear in entrance exam to get admission to JIPMER.
JIPMER PG 2018 Exam Pattern
Candidates must note the exam pattern of JIPMER PG 2018 MD/MS for preparation.
- JIPMER PG 2018 MD/MS is a computer based test.
- Duration of exam is 3 hours. Exam will be held on 19 November 2017 from 10 AM to 1 PM in a single shift.
- Questions will be MCQ type with single answer correct.
- There will be overall 250 questions in it.
- Marks for correct answers is +4.
- Negative marking for incorrect answer is -1.
- All questions will be in English language.
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Basic Clinical Sciences||100|
JIPMER PG 2018 Admit Card
The admit card for JIPMER PG 2018 will be available for download at JIPMER official website.
- JIPMER PG 2018 Admit card will be published online only.
- No printed admit card will be sent by post.
- The admit card can be obtained by entering the User ID and Password as provided at the time of registration.
- It will consist of the Name, Date of Birth of the candidate, photo, signature, examination city allotted and roll number.
- It is mandatory for candidates to bring their admit card along with a valid id proof in original & a photocopy of the same.
JIPMER PG 2018 Result
The selection of candidates for admission to MD/MS courses will be on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance examination.
- The JIPMER PG Result 2018 will be published on the official website at jipmer.puducherry.gov.in.
- The result will consist of the marks/Percentile Scores of the individual candidate.
- A merit list will be prepared based on the percentile score of each candidate.
- After the declaration of result, the candidates who will qualify the JIPMER 2018 Entrance Examination, will be called for counselling. In each category, the total number of candidate to be called for counseling will be 10 times the number of seats available in each category.
Tie Breaker Criteria
In case if two or more candidates obtain equal Percentile in the entrance examination their inter se merit shall be determined in the following order :
- Negative Marks: The candidate who has less negative mark will be placed higher than that of the other candidate.
- Aggregate Marks in Qualifying Examination: If there is still a tie, candidates who will obtain higher aggregate marks in all the MBBS Professional Examinations shall be placed higher than candidates with lower aggregate marks in MBBS Professional Examinations.
- Age: If the tie still exists, the candidate older in age will be given preference over the younger candidate.
JIPMER PG 2018 Merit List
The merit list for JIPMER 2018 will be prepared on the basis of the percentile score. The candidates will have to secure the minimum percentile in order to be considered for admission.
JIPMER PG 2018 Cut Off
The category wise cut off is provided below:
|Unreserved (UR) – OPH||45|
|SC / ST / OBC /- OPH||45|
JIPMER PG 2018 Counselling
The selected candidates will have to report at the venue on the stipulated schedule for the counselling. Any candidate who will be absent on the day of counseling, will not be eligible for subsequent counseling except for the final counseling. On the day of the counselling, Biometric finger print and image verifications of the candidate will be done. Candidates should report for the counselling on the given schedule and with the prescribed documents.
JIPMER PG 2018 Application Form
JIPMER PG 2018 MD/MS January Session Application Form is available from 11 Sep 2017. The last date to apply is indicated in the important dates table above. Form must be submitted before the deadline.
- Mode of application form submission is online.
- Candidates must fill JIPMER PG 2018 Application Form at official website jipmer.edu.in only.
- Read prospectus carefully first.
- Upload a photograph of dimension 30 mm x 45 mm in which candidate is holding a placard with name and date of taking picture on it.
- Also upload a signature of dimension 80 mm x 35 mm.
- Maximum size of photograph and signature for application form of JIPMER PG 2018 is 200 KB.
- Pay application fee applicable to category (see table below).
- Available mode of paying application fee are net banking, credit card, debit card.
Application Fee is as follows
|UR / OBC / OCI / Sponsored||Rs 1500|
|SC / ST||Rs 1200|
OPH candidates are exempted from fee payment.
JIPMER PG 2018 Eligibility Criteria
To apply for the JIPMER 2018, candidates should fulfill the following eligibility conditions:
- Applicant must be an Indian National or Overseas Citizens of India (OCI)
- NRI candidates are also eligible to apply for JIPMER PG 2018. Such candidates will have to take prior permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for postgraduate Courses in the Institute.
The candidates must possess MBBS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
The candidate must have completed the 12 months of compulsory rotating internship / Practical training on or before December 31, 2017.
Note: Candidates who have not completed their internship on or before the above mentioned time period are not eligible to apply for January 2018 session.
|Categories||Qualifying Marks Required|
|For all other categories including OBC Category||55% marks in aggregate|
|SC/ST||50% marks in aggregate|
|OPH||As per the horizontal category|