Jawaharlal Institute Of Post-Graduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) conducts admissions to PG (MD/Ms) programmes biannually, on January and on July. the JIPMER PG (MD/MS) July 2018 application process has started in the month of February 2018 and is being done online. The JIPMER July 2018 Entrance Exam date has been rescheduled. Earlier it was sopposed to be held on May 13, 2018, however, now it will be held on May 19, 2018.
JIPMER is under the Government of India since the year 1956, is one of the leading Medical Institutions in India. To take admission in the PG programmes of the institute one should have an MBBS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India and will have to clear the JIPMER Entrance Test. We have mentioned all the important dates, eligibility criteria, admission process, number seats and other important details on this page below. Keep reading to know details of JIPMER PG (MD/MS) 2018 July Session.
JIPMER PG (MD/MS) July 2018
The JIPMER PG (MD/MS) July 2018 admissions for the July session will start with the filling up of the Application Form in online mode only. The important dates related to the entire admission process is mentioned in the table below. Take a note of the same and stay updated of any changes here.
|Online Application Process Starts||28 Feb 2018|
|Online Application Process Ends||02 Apr 2018|
|Availability of the Hall Ticket||30 Apr to 13 May 2018|
|JIPMER Entrance Test date||19 May 2018 (10:00 AM to 01:00 PM)|
|Release of Result/Merit List||20 May 2018|
|First Counselling (Tentative)||13 Jun 2018|
|Second Counselling (Tentative)||04 Jul 2018|
|Third Counselling (Tentative)||31 Jul 2018|
|Final Counselling (Tentative)||29 Aug 2018|
|Beginning of the JIPMER 2108 July Session Classes||02 Jul 2018|
Please read all the instructions before filling up the form so as to avoid committing any error in the application process. Also, note that the admission test will be in Online Mode only. You will be issued an admission letter and a Hostel Letter (if applicable) after the final admission process is done.
Notice for Rescheduling of JIPMER PG 2018 (MD/ MS) July
JIPMER PG (MD/MS) July 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Before starting with the application process it is necessary that you know whether you are eligible to apply for JIPMER PG courses for the July 2018 session. Below are the eligibility rules that one must fulfil to be able to fill up the online application form.
Read below the eligibility criteria and then proceed for the online application process:
- Your Nationality: You must be an Indian or an Overseas Citizens of India.
- Your Educational qualifications: The candidates must possess MBBS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- Your Internship: A candidate must have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating internship / Practical training on or before 30th June 2018. If you are not completing the same before the prescribed time, you can not apply
- Your Minimum Marks:
- For All Category, including OBC: 55% marks in aggregate.
- For candidates belonging to the SC/ST Categories: 50% marks in aggregate.
- Your Recent Admission Status: Candidates who have already done MD/MS in any subject in any Institution are not eligible for admission to MD/MS course at JIPMER.
JIPMER PG (MD/MS) July 2018 Admission Process
Here is a chart that will walk you through the admission process in JIPMER for PG programme. The admission for the 2018 session has begun with the start of the application process and will end in the month of August. The classes will commence from July 02, 2018. Know the steps of the admission process below:
JIPMER PG (MD/MS) July 2018 Application Process
To apply for JIPMER PG (MD/MS) July 2018 an online application form has to be filled. The application process is going on at the official website www.jipmer.edu.in. You will have to fill up the application form and submit it online. You will first have to register yourself and then go ahead with the application process.
- The application process details are given here, click to know the stepwise process.
The application fee for PG application form is given below:
- General (UR) / OCI/ Sponsored: Rs. 1600
- OBC: Rs. 1600
- SC/ST: Rs. 1200
- Foreign National: Rs. 3000
- OPH: Exempted from Application Fees
JIPMER PG (MD/MS) July 2018 Admit Card/Hall Ticket
Candidates who will successfully submit the application form online will have their Admit Card/Hall Ticket uploaded on the website. It must be downloaded before the last date. The admit card will be an important document to seat in the entrance exam of JIPMER PG (MD/MS) July 2018. The Admit Card will the details of the test centre and schedule of the test. Make sure you preserve the admit card after downloading it.
- Check the details of the Admit Card here.
JIPMER PG (MD/MS) July 2018 Entrance Examination
The entrance exam details for JIPMER PG (MD/MS) July 2018 is given below:
- The exam will be online only i.e Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The exam will be conducted in English only.
- The duration of the exam will be 3 hours, 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM.
The Exam Pattern:
Below is the pattern of the entrance exam of JIPMER PG (MD/MS) July 2018:
- Type of Questions: MCQs
- Total Questions: 250
- Basic Clinical Sciences (Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine & Toxicology)- 100 Questions.
- Clinical Sciences (Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radio-diagnosis, Radiotherapy, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine and Blood Transfusion Medicine)- 150 Questions.
- Marking Scheme: +4 for right answers and -1 for wrong answers.
JIPMER PG (MD/MS) July 2018 Merit List/Result
After the entrance exam is concluded, a merit list will be uploaded on the website. Candidates will be called for the counselling process until the available seats are full. The order of merit will depend on the score of-of the entrance exam.
Calculation of the result:
The percentile score of each Candidate will reflect what Percentage of Candidates have scored.
The Percentile Score of a Candidate will be calculated by using the formula given below:
Merit List would be drawn category wise based on minimum percentile as given below:
- Unreserved (UR)/Inst/OCI/FN/Sponsored: 50 percentile minimum needed.
- Unreserved (UR) – OPH: 45 percentile minimum needed.
- SC / ST / OBC /- OPH: 40 percentile minimum needed.
Candidates who secure less than the minimum percentile in the Entrance Examination will not be considered for admission and their names will not be included in the Merit List.
- Check the details of the Result/Merit list for JIPMER PG (MD/MS) July 2018 here.
JIPMER PG (MD/MS) July 2018 Counselling
Candidates who will get the place in the merit list will have to register for the counselling process next. Following is the process of the counselling:
- The list of candidates who qualify for counselling should report at venue, date and time mentioned in the website at the time of declaration of results.
- Biometric fingerprint and image verifications of the candidate will be done on the day of
counselling. If there is any mismatch, the candidate will not be permitted to attend the
counselling apart from proceeding with legal action deemed fit by the Institution.
- The Candidate should submit the documents for verification, original as well as a self-attested copy.
- The admission will be finalised after the verification and all the fees are paid as per the schedule.
- Candidates will be issued admission letter on finalisation of the admission.
JIPMER PG (MD/MS) July 2018 Seat Distribution
Following table shows the distribution of seats in the various PG courses for July 2018 session. The seats falling vacant after final counselling of this session will not be carried forward to next session.
|Course||For all Indian Nationals including OCI||For Indian candidates sponsored by Govt. (Central/State/Sevices)||Foreign Nationals|
|Dermatology, Venereology &Leprology||3||0||0|
|Immuno Hematology & Blood Transfusion||1||0||0|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||8||1||1|
JIPMER PG (MD/MS) July 2018 Fee Structure:
For Indian Nationals & Foreign Nationals / Sponsored / OCI:
The following fees, subject to revision will be payable by each candidate. The Admission fees should be paid by each candidate at ACADEMIC SECTION, JIPMER on the counselling day after the completion of the counseling process.
|Admission Fee (one time)||3,000|
|Academic Fee (p.a.)||2,200|
|Learning Resource Fee (One Time)||9,000|
|Corpus Fund on Academic Fee (p.a.)||110|
|Student information details||1,500|
|Identity Card Charges (One time)||150|
Official Website: www.jipmer.puducherry.gov.in
Click Here to download the prospectus for JIPMER PG 2018: July session.