JIPMER 2018 Counselling for MBBS admission will be held in four rounds. 1st round of counselling for JIPMER MBBS admission 2018 will be from June 27 to 29. Then 2nd round will be on July 25. After that 3rd round will be on August 20. Final round of counselling will be on September 28. Those students who are shortlisted as per JIPMER 2018 entrance exam result can only attend counselling. During counselling, candidates need to present required documents. The call letter for JIPMER counselling conveys the counselling venue site and date. Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) will conduct counselling in 2018 for MBBS admission on basis of result of entrance exam. Get here complete details of JIPMER 2018 counselling such as dates, venue, documents required, call letter, and other information.
Before counselling begins, JIPMER will announce result. Check JIPMER 2018 result here.
JIPMER 2018 Counselling
You can get complete details about the counselling process in the table below as it comprises of the important events and their expected schedules.
|1st round of counselling||27 Jun 2018|
|2nd round of counselling||25 Jul 2018|
|3rd round of counselling||20 Aug 2018|
|Final round of counselling||28 Sep 2018|
|Closing date for admissions||30 Sep 2018|
Download Here: You can check details about the JIPMER MBBS 2018 counselling on www.jipmer.edu.in.
JIPMER MBBS 2018 – Qualifying Percentile
The expected minimum qualifying percentile that is required to be included in the merit list and to be called for the counselling session is given below. Please refer to the table below to get a minimum idea about the qualifying percentile.
|Unreserved (UR) – OPH||45|
|SC / ST / OBC /- OPH||40|
Overview of JIPMER MBBS Counselling 2018
The counselling session for JIPMER 2018 comprises of 6 major steps. Please refer to the pointers below to make yourself familiar to the process.
The candidates who have qualified the entrance test will have to register themselves for participating in the counselling process. Candidates will be registered at the counselling venue on the day of counselling.
Biometric Fingerprint Verification
This step is conducted for security purposes just to ensure that the candidate who appeared in the test and the candidate appearing in the counselling process are same.
Image and Photo Verification
In this step the candidate’s photo and other verification process will take place. This step is also to verify the identification of the candidate.
In this step, all the documents that the candidate is suppose to carry on the day of counselling will be verified by the officials.
Candidates will now have to attend their personal interview session. In this step candidates can either opt for the Puducherry and Karaikal JIPMER campus or they can opt out. Candidates will not be allowed to slide in the other campus once they have chose a campus. They will have to pay the admission fees on the same counselling day.
Documents to Be Carried for JIPMER MBBS 2018 Counselling
Candidates need to positively carry the list of documents mentioned below. Please refer to the pointers below to make sure that you do not miss any of the important documents for your counselling process.
- Character and Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institute last studied.
- Residence Certificate issued by Revenue Authority, not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- In the case of Other Backward Classes/ Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe, a Community Certificate, recently obtained from the competent authority – a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates should produce the required certificate as per the format in the Annexure.
- Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
- In the case of Puducherry residents, the Residence Certificate / Employer Certificate as required in the Prospectus.
- Hall ticket
- Rank Letter
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate or X Std. Certificate).
- Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Statement of marks of the qualifying examination.
- Medical Certificate in case of OPH Candidate.
- Six Passport size colour photographs recently were taken.
- NRI candidates need to carry their NRI certificates with a copy of their English Translation attested by a Gazetted Officer just in case if their certificate is in any other language apart from English.
Seat Distribution in JIPMER MBBS 2018
The table below comprises of the category wise seat distribution at each campus. Please refer to the table below to get a rough idea about the availability of seats.
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||28||10|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16||6|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||11||4|
|NRI / OCI (Under Self Financing Scheme)||5||1|
JIPMER MBBS 2018: Admission Fees
The expected admission fees for the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) is listed below. Please refer to the table below to get a rough idea about the admission fees.
|Admission Fee (to be paid only once)||Rs. 4000|
|Academic Fee (per annum)||Rs. 1400|
|JIPMER Student Association Fee (per annum)||Rs. 2000|
|Learning Resources Fee (per annum)||Rs. 2000|
|Corpus Fund on Academic Fee (per annum)||Rs. 70|
|I.T. Charges (per annum)||Rs. 2000|
|Total Fee Amount||Rs. 11470|
If, the candidate is not present in person the officials will not entertain any representatives on the behalf of the candidate and their candidature of the candidate will be cancelled. It is expected that there will be 3 counselling sessions and one final round session held in the JIPMER MBBS counselling session 2018. You will be notified about these rounds on the official website.