JIPMER 2020 is going to be the medical entrance exam for admission to MBBS program in Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research for academic session 2020-21. JIPMER 2020 will be open for medical aspirants from all over India who satisfy the exam/admission eligibility criteria of education and age. If you are a class 11 or class 12 student who wishes to study MBBS in JIPMER Puducherry or JIPMER Karaikal campuses, then you can go through the details of JIPMER 2020 given on this page which include information on exam date, application form, exam pattern, syllabus, other details.
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Educational and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry, will conduct the JIPMER 2020 entrance examination in the month of June 2020. The candidates seeking admission in MBBS courses, offered by JIPMER Puducherry and JIPMER Karaikal. Candidates will be able to apply for the entrance exam from the official website, www.jipmer.puducherry.gov.in. The application form for JIPMER 2020 will release in the month of March 2020. It will be held in single/two shifts, in online mode. To know more information regarding JIPMER 2020, candidates can refer to this page.
JIPMER has been declared as an “Institution of National Importance” by the Government of India. JIPMER offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Super Speciality Medical Training courses. The exact schedule will be announced later by the depending upon the number of applicants. Also, if two shifts are done, then the normalization procedure will be followed. The merit list will be prepared category wise.
|Application form available from||1st week of Mar 2020|
|Application process last date||2nd week of Apr 2020|
|Admit Card Availability||4th week of May 2020|
|JIPMER Entrance Exam|
if single shift
If two shifts
|1st week of Jun 2020|
|Declaration of Merit list||4th week of Jun 2020|
|First Counselling||4th week of Jun 2020|
|Second Counselling||4th week of Jun 2020|
|Third Counselling||4th week of Aug 2020|
|Final Counselling||4th week of Sep 2020|
|Admission Formalities||1st week of Sep 2020|
|Issue of Admission Letter||1st week of Sep 2020|
|Commencement of Course||1st week of Sep 2020|
Following is the JIPMER 2018 seat matrix. It contains both horizontal and vertical reservation. The seat matrix for the year 2020 once released will be updated here.
|Category||JIPMER Puducherry||JIPMER Karaikal||Total|
|Category||JIPMER Puducherry||JIPMER Karaikal||Total|
JIPMER 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Following is the eligibility criteria for JIPMER 2020. Candidates must go through the criteria before applying for the examination.
Age Criteria: The candidate must be 17 years of age at the time of admission. He or she must complete the age on or before 31st December on their first year of admission. There is no upper age limit.
Nationality Criteria: The candidate must be Indian National or Overseas Citizen of India.
Educational Qualification: The candidates must have passed the Higher/ Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School of Certificate Examination. He or she must have subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-Technology or any other elective with English at course core level as prescribed by NCERT.
- He or she must have passed in all the subjects individually and must have scored at least 60% marks all together in subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-Technology in the qualifying examination.
- The Candidates from SC/ST/OBC must have scored at least 50% altogether in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-Technology.
- The candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from the boards other than the two mentioned above will need to submit Eligibility Certificate
Note: The candidates who are appearing or will appear for the qualifying examination can also apply for the JIPMER 2020 examination. The candidates who are planning to apply for JIPMER 2020 should meet the eligibility criteria. If at a later stage it is found that the candidate is not eligible than his or her candidature will be canceled.
JIPMER 2020 Syllabus
The JIPMER 2020 syllabus will be based on the syllabus of State board CBSE class 11th and 12th. Candidates can prepare from NCERT books as most of the questions will be from NCERT only. Rest of the questions will be from local Puducherry books. Candidates must read all the NCERT books for preparation for the examination.
Syllabus: Click here to check the class 11th and 12 CBSE Syllabus
JIPMER 2020 Exam Pattern
The JIPMER 2020 examination Pattern is given below. It will have five subjects i.e, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English comprehension and Logical Reasoning. The pattern given below is based on last year’s examination so the candidates get the idea of the exam pattern.
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|English Language and Comprehension||10|
|Logical and Quantitative Reasoning||10|
Duration of Exam: 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Mode of Exam: Online
Question Type: MCQs
Total no. of Questions: 200
Shifts: Single/ Two shifts
JIPMER 2020 Exam Preparation
Following are some important tips for the candidates who are going to appear for JIPMER 2020:
- The questions will be based on the CBSE class 11th and 12th books. So candidates must read all the class 11th and 12th NCERT books. They can also refer to other useful source books like 17 year’s JIPMER Solved Papers by Arihant Publications.
- Solve as many question papers as you can for practice so that you increase your speed. Do solve the mock test which will be available on the official website of JIPMER.
- Make a proper study schedule and study accordingly. Don’t forget to take breaks in between as too much studying can wear you down.
- Be aware of your strengths and weaknesses. If you think you are weak in maths, give a little more time for preparation for that.
- Write all the important points and formulas for each subject separately on a piece of paper. Revise from these papers on the day of examination.
JIPMER 2020 Application Form
The JIPMER 2020 application form will be available in online mode only. Any other mode of submission of application form will not be accepted by the Institute. The candidates have to log in to the official website and go to the link “Apply Online MBBS Application Admission-2020”. But before filling the application form, the candidates must read the prospectus carefully which will be available on the official website and the link for the same will be given at the bottom of this page.
The candidates have to pay application fee along when submitting the application form. Without the payment of the application fee, the submission of the application form will be incomplete. The application fee amount for different categories for the year 2018 has been listed below. Candidates can get an overall idea of the fees by the fee table.
|Category||Application Fees (of 2018 )|
|General & P-UR||Rs. 1500+Including transaction fees as applicable|
|OBC & P-OBC||Rs. 1500+Including transaction fees as applicable|
|SC/ST & P-SC/ST||Rs. 1200+Including transaction fees as applicable|
|NRI/OCI||Rs. 3000+Including transaction fees as applicable|
|OPH & P-OPH||Exempted from Application Fees|
The candidates will also be required to upload their scanned photographs, signature and community/OPH certificate if applicable in the application form. The photograph must be in color and it must be taken with a placard being held by the candidate. The placard must indicate the name of the candidate.
Note: No change in category/age/name/date of birth will be made after the submission of the application form. In such case, the candidate will have to fill a fresh form before the last date of submission of the application form.
JIPMER 2020 Admit Card
The JIPMER 2020 admit cards for JIPMER 2020 will be available on the official website for those candidates who have submitted the application form. The admit card that will be generated will contain the information like name, date of birth, photo and signature of the candidate, examination center, and roll number.
Candidates must note the following information regarding the admit card:
- No change in the admit card will be made in the admit card under any circumstances.
- It is mandatory to bring the admit card to the examination hall along with ID proof in original and a photocopy of the same.
- Following documents will be considered as valid ID proofs:
> Bank Passbook with a photograph
>Any other government identity proof with photograph
- Candidates have to get the signature and seal of the center invigilator on their admit card, failing to do so may lead to disqualification.
JIPMER 2020 Exam Centers
There are usually 120 test cities for JIPMER examination. The candidates have to select any three test centers at the time of online registration. After the submission of the forms, the test centers will be allotted to the candidates on first cum first serve basis only. After the test center has been allotted to the candidate it cannot be changed under any circumstances. If the test centers selected by the candidate is not available then the test center that is nearest will be allotted to him or her.
If there will be any change in the test center, then information regarding the same will be given on the official website. It is advised to the candidates to arrive two hours before this given below:e examination. The JIPMER 2020 test center has not been released yet. Candidates can view the last year’s test center from below:
JIPMER 2020 Result
The merit list for JIPMER 2020 will be prepared category wise based on minimum percentile. Following is the last year’s category wise percentile for candidate’s reference:
Important information regarding Merit List:
- Candidates who will obtain less than minimum percentile will not be considered for admission.
- Only the NRI/OCI candidates who opt for admission under Self Financing Scheme at the time of application will be considered for merit list to 6 seats.
- If the examination will be conducted in two shifts then normalization procedure will be followed. A normalization is a process to ensure that students are neither advantaged or disadvantaged by the difficulty of questions.
After the merit list is released, the result will be declared. A list will be declared on or before June 20, 2020, for the candidates who are qualified for counseling.
Candidates, please note that after the result declaration, no request for re-evaluation or re-checking will be entertained under any circumstances. They are advised to remain the touch with the website for information regarding counseling.
Tie Breaking Criteria:
In case if two or more than two candidates score the same percentile then the following criteria will be considered to break the tie:
- The candidate who has lesser number of negative marks will be considered for the higher position.
- If the tie exists then, the candidate who scores higher in Biology considered for the higher position.
- After the above criteria, if till tie exists then, the candidate who scores higher in Physics considered for the higher position.
- If the above criteria don’t break the tie, the candidate who scores higher in logical reasoning will be considered for a higher position.
- The candidate who scores higher in English comprehension will be considered for a higher position.
- If the tie still exists, then the candidate who is elder by age will be considered for the higher position.
JIPMER 2020 Counselling
The JIPMER 2020 counseling will take place after the result declaration. The candidates have to report to the venue at the time which will be given in the call letter. The very first thing that will happen will be biometric fingerprint and image verification. If there is any mismatch, then the candidate will not be allowed to attend the counseling.
Documents Needed for Submission
Following are the list of documents that will be needed at the time of counseling:
- Original Hall ticket with the sign and seal of the center Representative/Invigilator
- Rank Letter
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate or X Std. Certificate).
- Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Statement of marks of the qualifying examination.
- Character and Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institute last studied.
- Residence Certificate issued by the Revenue Authority, not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- In case of Other Backward Classes/ Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe, a Community Certificate, recently obtained from the competent authority – a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates should produce the required certificate.
- Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe (SC/ST) candidates should produce the required certificate.
- Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
- Migration Certificate
- In case of Puducherry residents, the Residence Certificate / Employer Certificate as required in the Prospectus.
- Medical Certificate in case of OPH Candidate.
- Six Passport size colour photographs recently taken.
- For Non-Resident Indian: Recent NRI Status certificate of the parent or candidate issued by the Indian Embassy of the respective Country with the Embassy seal.
- For Overseas Citizen of India: Certificate of Registration for Overseas Citizen of India.
- First, the seats will be filled by the General and Orthopedically Candidates.
- Next, the seats will be filled by SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- Then, the seats will be allotted to UT of Puducherry UR/OBC/SC/OCI/NRI
- In case if any ST remains vacant, then those seats will be filled by General candidates.
- In case during counseling, any P-ST/P-OBC/P-SC seats remain vacant, then those seats will be filled by P-UR.
- The seats in the first round of counseling will be 8 times the number of seats available in each category.
- If a candidate has chosen for JIPMER Puducherry, he or she cannot change it to JIPMER Karaikal, and vice versa.
- The candidate who has not been allotted seat in the first round of counseling will be eligible to attend the second round of counseling.
Following is the order of counseling:
|Order of Category||Counselling Date (expected)|
|OPH and P-OPH (Medical Exam)||26 Jun 2020|
|UR/OPH and P-OPH||27 Jun 2020|
|OBC/SC/ST||28 Jun 2020|
|Puducherry- UR/OBC/SC/ST and NRI/OCI||29 Jun 2020|
- A candidate who was absent in first round of counseling will not be eligible for the second round of counseling.
- A candidate who appeared for the first round of counseling but did not opt his her category will be eligible to attend the second round of counseling.
- If the seats remain after the second round of counseling then, the third round will take place.
- In the final round, all the candidates who will be eligible by merit list will be able to attend the final round irrespective of their attendance.
Insofar, official details of JIPMER 2020 entrance examination have not been announced. Information on this page is as per 2018’s brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as JIPMER releases new JIPMER 2020 information brochure, details will be updated here.
To check last year’s information brochure for JIPMER 2018, click here.