Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research will release JIPMER 2019 Result on its official website: jipmer.puducherry.gov.in. JIPMER 2019 Result for MBBS will be released in the form an overall merit list as well as in the form of Rank letter for JIPMER 2019. Candidates who appeared for the exam will have their JIPMER 2019 result declared in the 2nd week of June 2019. JIPMER will also release separate merit lists per category carrying names of shortlisted candidates for counselling. JIPMER 2019 result will determine whether the student is eligible for the counselling process or not. Check more about JIPMER 2019 cut-off, percentile score for JIPMER 2019, and other relevant information.
JIPMER 2019 Result
In order to qualify for JIPMER 2019, candidates must score the minimum cut-off as to be laid by JIPMER. The merit list for JIPMER 2019 will be based on the percentile score scored by each candidate. Scoring less than the minimum percentile will stand as not qualified. The dates concerning the release of JIPMER 2019 result have been given below.
|JIPMER 2019 Result||Important Dates|
|Date of Examination||02 Jun 2019|
|Expected date of publication of Merit List||02nd week of June 2019|
|First Counselling will take place between||26- 28 Jun 2019|
|Second Counselling starts by||24 Jul 2019|
|Third counselling starts from||21 Aug 2019|
|Final Counselling will start from||26 Sep 2019|
|Last date of admission||30 Sep 2019|
JIPMER 2019 Minimum Percentile
The minimum percentile score needed per candidate so as to qualify for JIPMER 2019 counselling will vary per category. Below we have given the minimum percentile score for JIPMER 2019 that will help prepare the different merit lists. Note that the percentile score as given is assumed on last year’s JIPMER 2019 minimum percentile score.
|Unreserved (UR) / OCI / NRI||50|
|Unreserved (UR)- OPH||45|
|SC / ST / OBC||40|
|SC / ST / OBC- OPH||40|
How to check the JIPMER 2019 Results?
The institute, as stated above, will release JIPMER 2019 result in two different forms:
- JIPMER 2019 Rank Letter
- JIPMERR 2019 Overall Merit List
Steps to Check Individual Rank Letter under JIPMER 2019 Result
JIPMER 2019 Rank Letter will be prepared by JIPMER under the declaration of JIPMER 2019 result. This will be based on the performance of each candidate in JIPMER 2019 entrance exam.
Step 1: Visit the official website or check the to-be-mentioned link on our page, once JIPMER 2019 result is declared.
Step 2: Under the ‘Announcement’ section, navigate to ‘Result of MBBS Exam- 2019’. Various options, as shown in the image, will appear.
Step 3: From the various options mentioned, click on ‘ Rank Letter for JIPMER MBBS’. A new page- Candidate Login will open (as shown in the image)
Step 4: Enter User Id and Password as generated at the time of registration. once login credentials are entered, Rank Letter for JIPMER 2019 will be visible
Steps to Check Overall Merit List under JIPMER 2019 Result
JIPMER 2019 overall merit list will be a total of scores, provided the exam is held in two shifts, helped to prepare the percentile score. The final merging of the scores per candidate will help arrange the merit list in a descending order.
Step 1: Visit the official website or the direct link s to be given here. Click on overall merit list under the announcement section of JIPMER.
Step 2: As JIPMER might release the merit list under JIPMER 2019 result in more than one pdf, candidates will have to choose the Part 1, Part 2, or so on accordingly.
Step 3: Open the PDF, and check the overall merit list. JIPMER 2019 result- overall merit list will consist of the following sections:
- Rank of the Candidate
- Roll No.
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Total Percentile
- Negative Response
- Marks scored in different sections, i.e., in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English Language and Comprehension, and Logical and Quantitative Reasoning.
- Eligibility of the candidate stating ‘Yes’ as qualified.
This is a referral image as to how JIPMER 2019 Result- Overall Merit List will look like
JIPMER 2019 Tie-Resolution
It might be possible that two candidates get the same percentile in JIPMER 2019 Exam. In this case, the merit list as prepared under JIPMER 2019 result will follow the below-given methods to resolve a tie. Note that the methods have been placed in terms of their chronological ranking, i.e., if the 1st method mentioned does not work, the 2nd method will be adopted and so on.
- Negative Marks:- The candidate who has less negative mark in JIPMER 2019 Exam will be placed higher than that of the other candidate.
- Percentile in Biology: If the first criteria are not met, the student with higher Percentile scores in Biology will be given a higher ranking in the merit list.
- Percentile in Chemistry: If Negative Marks & Biology Percentiles does not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Chemistry will result in a higher ranking.
- Percentile in Physics: If Negative Marks, Biology and Chemistry Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Physics will result in the higher ranking for the student who gets more number in this section.
- Percentile in English Language and Comprehension: Higher Percentile scores in English Language and Comprehension will result in higher ranking if the above-mentioned criteria do not get fulfilled.
- Logical & Quantitative Reasoning: If the above does not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Logical & Quantitative Reasoning will result in the higher ranking of the student who has scored more in this section.
- Age: If any of the above criteria is not met the candidate who is elder by age will be ranked higher than the younger candidate.
JIPMER 2019 Merit List
Under JIPMER 2019 result, merit lists of different categories will be prepared. The category wise merit list will carry the name of those candidates only who gets shortlisted for JIPMER 2019 counselling. The various lists to be prepared are as follows:
- Common (UR) Merit list
- Scheduled Caste Candidates list
- Scheduled Tribe Candidates list
- Other Backward Classes Candidates list
- Pondicherry- UR Candidates list
- Pondicherry – OBC Candidates List
- Pondicherry – SC Candidates list
- Pondicherry – ST Candidates list
- OPH Candidates List
- Pondicherry- OPH Candidates List
- NRI / OCI candidates List
How will JIPMER prepare category-wise shortlisted candidates’ merit list under JIPMER 2019 result?
The above-mentioned different merit lists will be released in the form of different pdf files. These will carry the following details:
- Roll No.
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Total Percentile
This is a referral image based on last year’s declaration of JIPMER result
What To Do After Release of JIPMER 2019 Result?
Once JIPMER 2019 result is declared, shortlisted candidates will have to attend the counselling venue on the date of JIPMER 2019 counselling. Such candidates will be called as per their ranking order in JIPMER 2019 result. Candidates having higher rank will be considered for seat allotment over candidates having comparatively lower rank in JIPMER 2019 result.
Note: As per last year, shortlisted candidates under OPH category will have to attend the medical examination under JIPMER 2019 counselling one day in advance before the day of actual counselling.