JIPMER 2018 will be held by JIPMER to conduct an MBBS entrance exam for admission to academic session 2018. There are a total of 200 MBBS seats (150 in JIPMER Puducherry, and 50 in JIPMER Karaikal). Admission to all the available seats is only on basis of JIPMER 2018 MBBS Entrance Exam. JIPMER 2018 MBBS application form will be available from March 07, 2018. Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria can appear in the JIPMER 2018 MBBS Entrance Exam which is set to be held on June 03, 2018. Then those who obtain marks equal to or more than cut off can attend counseling wherein there will be seat allotment and admission. Get here complete details of JIPMER 2018 MBBS Entrance Exam including date, eligibility, application form, admit card, result, cut off, syllabus, exam pattern.
JIPMER 2018 MBBS Entrance Exam
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education Research (JIPMER) has released the tentative schedule for JIPMER MBBS July 2018 Session. Check the complete schedule in the table below.
|Commencement of online registration for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2018||07 Mar 2018|
|Last date for submission of application forms||13 Apr 2018|
|Availability of hall ticket||A week or two before the exam|
|Date of JIPMER MBBS 2018 exam||03 Jun 2018|
|First Counselling Begins from||27 to 29 Jun 2018|
|Second Round of Counselling||25 Jul 2018|
|Third Round of Counselling||20 Aug 2018|
|Final Counselling will be held on||28 Sep 2018|
|Last date for admission||30 Sep 2018|
JIPMER MBBS 2018 Application Form
Candidates can fill and submit the application form as per schedule. It is looked forward to be available in online mode at jipmer.edu.in. Steps to apply were as follows last year.
Step 1 – Registration. Candidates must visit jipmer.edu.in and navigate to apply online link for MBBS entrance exam. Here they enter details including name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID. Then they receive login link to registered email and mobile number after 5 minutes. Candidates must make sure that their number is not registered with DND.
Step 2 – Login. Now candidates can log in with User ID and password.
Step 3 – Complete application form. Now candidates can enter details including category, qualification, address, exam city preference, and upload images. Scanned copies of photograph and signature have to be uploaded. Now they can submit it.
Application Fee (Last Year)
|UR, P-UR||Rs 1200|
|OBC, P-OBC||Rs 1200|
|SC, ST, P-Sc||Rs 1000|
|NRI / OCI||Rs 2500|
|OPH, P-OPH||Fee exempted|
Specifications for photograph for JIPMER MBBS 2018 Application Form
- It should be a recent colour passport size photograph.
- It should be taken on or after 31 July.
- Candidate must be holding a placard with name and date of taking photograph.
- It should be 30 x 45 mm in dimension, and between 20 – 200 KB in size.
JIPMER 2018 online application – Online application form for MBBS entrance exam will be available at jipmer.edu.in and jipmer.puducherry.gov.in from March 07 to April 13, 2018.
JIPMER 2018 official website – There are 2 official websites of the institutes. They are jipmer.edu.in and jipmer.puducherry.gov.in.
JIPMER 2018 online registration – After you complete first step of online registration, you get user ID and password. Check email and SMS for them. If you do not receive login link immediately, do not panic. Check that mail is not in spam or phone number is not in DND. Please note that registrations are expected in online mode only and none else.
JIPMER MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2018: Age, Nationality, Education
Candidates need to satisfy three criteria of eligibility. They are as follows.
Nationality: You should be an Indian national or Overseas Citizen of India.
Age: You should have completed 17 years of age at time of admission. Otherwise, you should complete 17 years of age by December 31 of year of admission. In other words your DOB should be on or after 01-01-2002. There is no upper age limit.
- You should have studied Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study.
- In last two years (class XI and XII or equivalent) you should have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) or any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the NCERT.
- You should have passed physics, chemistry, biology / bio technology and English individually. In addition, you should have obtained minimum marks in aggregate of these subjects as follows.
|Category||Minimum aggregate in PCB|
|SC / ST / OBC / OPH||40%|
JIPMER 2018 Exam Pattern of MBBS Entrance Exam
Candidates must know exam pattern of JIPMER 2018 MBBS Entrance Exam in order to prepare for it. Final exam pattern will be available as soon as JIPMER 2018 MBBS prospectus releases. In the meantime you can refer to past year exam pattern.
|Subject||Number of questions|
|English language and comprehension||10|
|Logical and quantitative reasoning||10|
Usually exam pattern does not change. The most important aspects of entrance exam are furthermore listed here.
|S.No.||Aspect of exam||Its details|
|1||Mode of exam||Online computer based|
|2||Duration of exam||2 hours 30 minutes|
|3||Date of exam||June 2018 (expected)|
|4||Number of shifts||2 (expected)|
|5||Exam timing||Morning shift – 10 AM to 12:30 PM
Afternoon shift – 3 PM to 5:30 PM (expected)
|6||Allocation of shift||As per hall ticket|
|7||Language of question paper||English|
|8||Type of questions||Multiple Choice with single correct answer|
|9||Number of questions||200|
|10||Marking scheme||Correct answer: +4
Incorrect answer: 0
|11||Method of resolving tie||In order of
JIPMER 2018 Syllabus
Questions in JIPMER 2018 MBBS Entrance Exam will be from syllabus of class XI and XII prescribed by State Board Higher Secondary and CBSE.
- Physics – Taught in State board HS and CBSE at class 11 and class 12 level.
- Chemistry – Taught in State board HS and CBSE at class 11 and class 12 level.
- Biology – Taught in State board HS and CBSE at class 11 and class 12 level.
To get a better idea of exam pattern and syllabus, check mock test of JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2018.
JIPMER MBBS Exam Centres 2018 – Last year the exam was held in 75 cities in India. List of cities for MBBS entrance exam 2018 will be available as soon as JIPMER 2018 MBBS information brochure releases. You can refer to list of cities of last year given below to get an idea.
Name of cities where exam was last year: Agarthala, Aizwal, Ambala, Amritsar, Asansol, Belgaum, Bengaluru, Bhatinda, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bishnupur, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi / NCR, Dibrugarh, Durgapur, Faridabad, Gandhi Nagar, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Guntur, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hissar, Hooghly, Howrah, Hyderabad, Imphal, Indore, Jabalpur, Jalandhar, Jamshedpur, Kalyani, Kannur, Karimnagar, Kolkata, Kottayam, Kurnool, Kurukshetra, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mathura, Meerut, Mohali, Mumbai, Mysore, Nagercoil, Nagpur, Namakkal, Patiala, Puducherry, Rajahmundry, Ranchi, Salem, Sangrur, Shimoga, Siliguri, Sonipat, Tezpur, Thiruvannamalai, Thoothukudi, Tirunelveli, Trichy, Trissur, Trivandrum, Vijayawada, Visakhapatinam, Vizianagaram, Warrangal, Yamunanagar.
How To Prepare for JIPMER 2018 MBBS Entrance Exam?
Scoring high in the exam is difficult but achievable with proper preparation. Usually preparations start at beginning of class XI. If you are looking to appear in entrance exam for 2018 session admission, then you have a limited time left. In this time, you can follow these tips for preparation.
- Do not underestimate NCERTs. NCERT is the bible for MBBS entrance exam.
- After you complete theory from NCERT, then refer other books. Reference books are useful for the purpose of practising MCQs.
- Your goal should be to be able to solve as many MCQs in as little time as feasible. This develops speed and accuracy. On day of exam, you will in fact be solving 200 MCQs in 150 minutes. This needs a lot of speed.
- It is important to realize that there are 2 such sections which you do not see in AIIMS or NEET, they are English and Logical. Therefore try to be adept in these sections also.
- If there is any topic from the syllabus that you have not yet studied at all, please study that first. Don’t leave any topic completely blank. You should have at least some idea of each topic so that at least if an easy question comes on that topic you can answer that.
Preparation tips to use previous year question papers/sample papers / mock tests
- When you attempt previous year question papers / sample papers / mock tests, at that time you should sit in a simulated exam environment. In other words, sit down in an undisturbed location, set a timer, and then start attempting questions.
- At end of time limit which is 2.5 hours, you will stop solving paper. Then check answers and see how many you could solve correctly.
- For incorrect answers, see correct answers and how to solve them.
- Solve remaining question also.
- At end of paper, understand which topics you need to practice or study more.
JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam Question Papers with Answer Keys and Solutions
Several students look for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam Question Papers with Answer Keys and Solutions before exam. They are informed that officially neither question paper nor answer key are available. Also, since it is an online exam, question papers are not available with test takers. However, there are some books in the market that claim to have past year question papers (probably from memory). They can be useful for practice. A few are listed below.
JIPMER 2018 Books – Candidates should use best books for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam preparation. The list is mostly common for NEET, AIIMS, JIPMER. For example it is advised to study basic theory from NCERTs. Then use Truemans elementary biology, Pradeeps Biology for reference. However there are a few books specific to the exam. A list of books compiled from toppers preparation strategy is as follows:
- NCERT class 11 and 12 PCB
- HC Verma for Physics
- Truemans elementary biology
JIPMER 2018 Cut Off
Candidates must secure at least marks corresponding to minimum percentile in order to be considered for merit list. Those who get marks less than that will not be included in merit list.
|UR, OCI, NRI||50|
|SC, ST, OBC, OPH||40|
How much minimum marks are required to qualify?
The marks corresponding to above-mentioned percentile is needed. In JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam, merit list shows section percentile and total percentile instead of marks.
JIPMER 2018 Notification – Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research will publish notification for MBBS entrance exam 2018. Notification will be published on its websites jipmer.edu.in, jipmer.puducherry.gov.in. Apart from that it will also be available in print in leading news dailies. Candidates can check this page and official website at regular intervals. Get here latest notifications and news of JIPMER 2018 MBBS Entrance Exam.
JIPMER 2018 Prospectus – Will be available from February 2018. Information brochure / prospectus / bulletin contains all details of MBBS entrance exam and admission. Candidates should read it completely before applying.
JIPMER 2018 Login
Applicant login remains active starting from start date of application form to end of exam. Login link will be available at jipmer.edu.in or jipmer.puducherry.gov.in. Candidates can log in using User ID and Password. Keep login credentials safely.
What to do if forgotten user ID or password?
If you forget user ID or password, then check email and SMS you first received. There you will get login link as well as user ID and password.
JIPMER 2018 Admission – JIPMER is one of the two institutions that can hold medical entrance exam and does not fall under CBSE NEET UG 2018. It is in fact an Institute of National Importance. Admission to MBBS program is on basis of JIPMER MBBS entrance exam, subject to fulfillment of eligibility criteria. Admission to a particular session is using rank of JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam of that session only.
Qs. Where will be the exam centers?
Ans. You can check the complete list of exam centres when information brochure becomes available. Last time exam was at 75 cities.
Qs. Is there any age limit?
Ans. There is only a lower limit of 17 years. There is no upper or maximum age limit.
Qs. How many times can we take this exam?
Ans. There is no attempt limit.
Qs. How can I apply for JIPMER MBBS 2018?
Ans. You can apply online at the official website as soon as online application form becomes available.
Qs. Is there admission through NEET?
Ans. This is a separate entrance exam. Admission is only through Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research MBBS Entrance Exam 2018 at Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research.
Qs. Are there questions from class 12 syllabus only?
Ans. There are questions from both class 11 as well as 12 syllabus.