Qs. Is NCERT Enough To Score 330+ In Biology In NEET 2019?
Ans. Yes, NCERT is enough to study theory from, in order to score more than 330 marks in Biology.
This is so because the questions that are asked in the exam are from the NCERT book. Only around 10 questions are asked from outside but this can also be solved by referring to other NEET Preparation books. So when you ask Is NCERT Enough To Score 330+ In Biology In NEET 2019? then answer is that NCERT is the most important book to study theory from, for preparation but it is advised that along with that, you must also refer to other books to practise more number of questions and also in depth explanation of the concepts.
Please note: How you study from NCERT plays an important role in whether or not you are able to score 330+ in Biology in NEET 2019 by studying only from NCERT.
Why is NCERT important?
- NCERT covers complete syllabus of NEET 2019. So by reading from it, you cover all topics.
- There is a lot of information in NCERT, given in an easy to understand manner.
- There are no unnecessary elaborations that may confuse students.
- It has plenty of questions to test your understanding.
- Wherever required, there are tabular and diagrammatic explanations.
Recently, some changes have also been introduced in NCERT Biology.
How to study from NCERT to score 330+ in Biology in NEET 2019?
In NCERT, there is a lot of information. Every line is jampacked with data. So to read from NCERT to score high in NEET exam, candidates need to read every line.
There is no filler content or rounadabout explanations. So there is no word or para you should skip. If you start underlining things in NCERT Biology book then you may end up highlighting complete book.
Read every line, every para. After studying a chapter, jot down its important points in a notebook from memory. Then go back to that chapter and see what you missed.
NEET 2019 Syllabus
Medical Council of India has set the syllabus of class 11th and 12th for the syllabus for NEET 2019. Let’s check the syllabus of Biology for NEET.
|Sr No.||Class XI||Class XII|
|1||Diversity in Living World||Reproduction|
|2||Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants||Genetics and Evolution|
|3||Cell Structure and Function||Biology and Human Welfare|
|4||Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and Its Applications|
|5||Human physiology||Ecology and environment|
The topics given in the table above will be the basis on which the questions will be asked in the exam. The candidates can prefer for the exam as per the syllabus which is given above.
Following is the paper pattern for the Biology Section in the NEET 2019 Questions paper:
|Sr. No.||Section||Number of Questions||Marks|
There will be two subsections in the question paper in the Biology part. Each of the section will have 45 number of questions and the marks for each section will be 180. The total number of marks in Biology is 360.
NEET 2019 Preparation Tips for Biology
Biology is the most important section in the NEET examination. This section contains 90 questions which are double than the total number of questions in other sections. Also, the total marks for Biology are 360. So to obtain higher marks, here are some helpful tips for preparing for Biology.
- First, gather all the study materials, notes or books from which you are going to prepare for NEET examination.
- Make a study schedule and a plan. In a study schedule, make time slots and decide that for how long you will study and how long breaks will you take.
- In a study plan, make a strategy of preparation of the exam. You can make a plan to first take up a chapter then read it first from NCERT. Then read from any other reference book. After clearing of concepts you can then practice questions and mock papers.
- When reading the books, make sure that you keep making notes as you keep going forward. This way on the day of the exam you can revise from the notes.
- At the end of the day of week, you can also revise from the notes so that you remember what you studied during the day/week.
NEET 2019 Best Books to Prepare for Biology
NCERT is considered the best when it comes to the clearing of the concepts of not just Biology but all the subjects. But once the concepts are clear, then it is important to also practice what you have understood by solving questions related to those concepts. So here is the list of some best books that have an in-depth explanation of the concepts as well as they have many question banks which you can solve for practice. We have also provided the direct link to buy these books.
|Sr. No.||Book Name||Buy here|
|1||Trueman’s Biology Vol 1 and 2||Click here|
|2||Dinesh’s Objective Biology for NEET and other exams||Click here|
|3||Pradeep’s Objective Biology for NEET Vol 1 and 2||Click here|
|4||NCERT at your Fingertips – Biology||Click here|
|5||10 Years Chapterwise papers for NEET||Click here|