The tentative merit list for Himachal Pradesh PG Medical Admission 2018 has been published online. The Department of Medical Education & Research, Himachal Pradesh for admission to MD/MS courses for filling up 50% State Quota seats. The State Merit is prepared by Principal Indira Gandhi Medical College & Hospital Shimla cum Member Secretary Counseling Committee on the basis of the NEET PG 2018 score. The candidates can apply for MD/ MS courses for the academic session 2018 in colleges such as Indira Gandhi Medical College & Hospital Shimla and Dr. Rajendra Prasad Govt. Medical College & Hospital Tanda. Check more details regarding the Himachal Pradesh PG Medical Admission 2018 in the article below.
Himachal Pradesh PG Medical Admission 2018
The schedule for the application process as well as the prospectus are available now. You can obtain the prospectus and application form offline from the office of Principal, Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla during the working days only. As of now, only the schedule for the application process and information brochure is available. However, the rest of the dates will also be updated on this page. Candidates can check the schedule for Himachal Pradesh PG Medical 2018 in the table below.
|The Prospectus for PG admission 2018 shall be available by||15 Mar 2018|
|Application Process for Himachal Pradesh PG Admission begins from||15 Mar 2018|
|Last date to submit the Application Form||28 Mar 2018|
|Merit List on the basis of NEET PG 2018 marks is displayed on||02 Apr 2018|
|01st round of Counselling starts from||05 Apr 2018 (11:00 AM)|
|Joining at the Allotted College after First round of Counselling||12 Apr 2018|
|02nd round of Counseling will commence on||26 Apr 2018|
|Last date to join the allotted college after Second round of Counselling||03 May 2018|
|Mop Up round of counselling will begin by||08 May 2018|
|Last date for joining the allotted college||12 May 2018|
|Commencement of Academic Session||01 May 2018|
|Last date up to which students can be admitted /joined against vacant seats||13 May 2018|
Himachal Pradesh PG 2018 Merit List
The Merit List for admission to MD/MS courses is prepared on the basis of NEET PG 2018 Score. The State Merit List has been published by the Department of Medical Education & Research, Himachal Pradesh at its official website, the same can be checked below. For the allotment of seats, a combined merit list will be prepared among direct and In-service candidates for 50% State quota (MD/MS) seats. The Combined Merit List consists of the Name of the candidate, Father’s Name, Category, Date of Birth, Score, Total Marks, Remarks, Category (Direct or GDO), etc. The merit list will consist of the name of only those candidates who have submitted the application form within the specified schedule.
Eligibility Criteria for Himachal Pradesh PG Admission 2018
Before proceeding to apply for the MD/ MS courses, the applicants should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility conditions as laid down by the Department of Medical Education. The eligibility criteria for admission to MD/ MS courses for the academic session 2018 is as follows:
- The applicant should possess an MBBS degree from Himachal Pradesh University or any other University recognized by MCI, India.
- Should have completed the Internship by the last date of submission of application form.
- Should have obtained full registration either from MCI, India or any of the State Medical Council.
- The candidate who have completed MBBS from foreign university need to produce the certificate of having passed MCI exam as well.
What is HPHS (In-service GDO) Group?
The In-Service GDO(s) shall be eligible to appear in the counselling for State Quota seats for PG Degree/Diploma as per their NEET PG ranks.
What is Direct Group?
The candidates who fall under these categories will be considered under Direct Group:
- Completed graduation from medical colleges of Himachal Pradesh such as Indira Gandhi Govt. Medical College, Shimla and Dr. R.P. Govt. Medical College, Kangra at Tanda.
- Bonafide citizens of Himachal Pradesh and have completed MBBS from any institute recognized by MCI.
- Children of H.P. Government Employees /Employees of Autonomous Bodies wholly or partially financed by H.P. Government getting admission to MBBS course through CBSE or any other All India Entrance Examination in MCI/G.O.I. recognized Medical Colleges in India.
Himachal Pradesh PG 2018 Application Form
The Application Form for Himachal Pradesh PG Admission 2018 is available now in an offline mode. The candidates can obtain the application form from the office of principal, Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla. In the application form, the applicants need to provide their NEET PG 2018 score, Personal Details. Educational Qualification Details, Communication and other necessary information. Also, the applicants shall have to affix a passport size photograph in the provided space in the application form in original to the Principal Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla- 171001. After filling up the necessary information, you need to submit the application form. Along with the application form, the applicants need to submit relevant documents.
In order to obtain the Application form the applicants have to pay some amount. The application fee is to be paid at the counter. The amount to be paid is as follows:
|Category||Application Fee Charges|
Documents to be submitted along with the Application Form
Along with the Application Form, ensure that the following documents/ certificates/ testimonials (self-attested) are also enclosed:
- Matriculation or its equivalent examination certificate in proof of Date of Birth.
- MBBS Final Marksheet
- Character Certificate from the College last attended.
- Attempts certificate duly signed by the Principal of the College concerned
- Internship certificate.
- Registration Certificate (valid)
- Copy of result card of NEET (PG)-2017
- Bonafide Himachali Certificate. (in case of Direct Group candidate)
- SC/ST certificate, if applicable
- Affidavit duly attested (in original), if applicable
- Service Certificate-cum-No objection certificate for In-Service Candidates
- Disability certificate if applicable
- Proof of admission through CBSE or any other All India Examination (if
- MCI certificate of recognition /approval
- Diploma certificate, if applicable
- Regular/Adhoc/contract/RKS service certificate(s) showing full particulars of the service
- Any other certificate, if applicable.
Tie Breaker Criteria
In case of two or more candidates obtain equal marks in NEET PG 2018, the selection shall be done by implementing the rules in the order given below:
- A candidate who has made more attempts in passing Final professional (Part-II) MBBS examination will be given higher preference to the one who has made lesser attempts.
- If the tie is still not resolved, then a candidate who has obtained higher aggregate marks in the MBBS final examinations (Part-II) only will be placed higher
- If the tie still exists, then a candidate older in age be given preference over a younger candidate.
Himachal Pradesh PG 2018 Counselling
Those who name appears in the merit list will be eligible to appear for the Counselling. The counseling for the eligible aspirants will be held as per the schedule. At the time of counseling, the allotment of available seats shall be made in order of merit on the basis of General Combined Merit, which in further will be prepared by the Principal Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla–cum-Member Secretary Counselling Committee. On the day of counseling, the candidate need to carry their original documents along with required documents at the time of Counseling. It is mandatory for candidates to appear in the 01st round of counseling, in order to be considered for subsequent counseling round. After the counseling process is over, the candidate who will be allotted a seat need to report to the allotted college and pay the prescribed admission fee.
Qualifying Criteria for 50% State Quota Counselling
In order to be eligible to apply for the State Quota Counselling, the candidates need to obtain minimum qualifying percentile. In order to apply for counselling candidates have to obtain the following cut off percentile:
|Category||Cut Off Percentile|
Seat Details For MD/ MS Admission 2018
|Course Name||Name of the Medical College||Annual Intake|
|MD – Psychiatry||Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||03|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||03|
|MS – Orthopaedics||Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||06|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||02|
|MS – ENT||Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||05|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||01|
|MS – General Surgery||Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||15|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||04|
|MD-Radiotherapy||Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||04|
|MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy||Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||03|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||04|
|MD – Pharmacology||Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||02|
|MD – Pathology||Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||06|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||06|
|MD – Microbiology||Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||03|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||12|
|MD – Paediatrics||Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||06|
|MD – Physiology||Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||02|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||14|
As per previous year’s information, the following percentage of seats shall be reserved: