How to prepare for NEET 2019 if you are a dropper? This is an often asked question. Although there are no official figures to back up the notion, but it is well known that every year several students take a drop to attempt NEET. Looking at the ever growing pool of such candidates, MCI also had to implement an age limit for NEET.
Our objective here is to prepare you in such a way that you can crack NEET 2019 for sure, and not have to waste more years. So lets get to it!
If you have decided to drop a year for NEET 2019, then your first step is to have a plan of action. How will you prepare for NEET 2019 as a dropper?
There are 3 things that dropper for NEET 2019 must do.
- Analyze why you required a drop and find its solution. We will talk about that here.
- Make a study plan for NEET 2019. Check it out here.
- Implement your study plan. This is completely in your hands.
Analysing “Why” You Took A Drop For NEET 2019
First step in answering “How To Prepare For NEET 2019 If You Are A Dropper” is analysing root cause. After asking many candidates, it has been concluded that broadly there are 6 reasons why candidates take a drop. Are you one of them?
You were not very serious for NEET first time
NEET is an exam which demands a whole lot of systematic and dedicated preparation. 14 lakhs candidates prepare for it rigorously. Maybe first time when you appeared for NEET, you were not that serious. If so, then you could not have performed as well.
NEET preparation could not be completed on time
There are 59 chapters in NEET syllabus. Lack of time management or various other factors may lead to failure in completing syllabus on time.
Too much attention in biology
NEET aspirants love biology, and therefore neglect physics and chemistry. This leads to losing marks in physics and chemistry.
Did not solve tough questions
NEET tests the candidates on the student’s analytical ability i.e. how much they can apply their mind to solve a question. The questions may come up with different types and difficulty level. As a student, we tend to skip the difficult questions, thinking that we can still make through the exam and get a good college. A major mistake committed!!!
Did not study NCERT properly
For medical students, NCERT is the bible. It is always advised to the candidates that they read the NCERT textbooks properly. Here what the students do is run after guidebooks, self-preparatory books which are of no help. And when they appear for the paper, they are not able to solve the questions, because their concepts are not clear.
Getting nervous before exam
Even though some students prepare well for NEET and are sure of cracking it, on the exam day, they get nervous. In this, they mark wrong answers which they could have solved, if not nervous.
Solutions To Above-Mentioned Problems, To Crack NEET 2019 As A Dropper!
Now that you have decided to take a year drop for NEET 2019 and probably found out the probable reason for the same, now comes the action time. The first thing which you now have to really set in your mind is the importance of drop year. You have to see that you do not waste even a single second here and there on stupid things and have a clear objective of cracking the NEET 2019.
Coming to the solution of the above-mentioned problems, let us try to give the solutions to what can be done so that this year does not get wasted and you surely clear the NEET 2019 with great marks.
Start working on NEET 2019 preparation from day 1
For the first problem (Not being serious for the NEET exam), you have to really sink in the fact that you have taken a drop to pursue your dream of becoming a doctor. Failures are a part of life and we need to learn lessons from these is the thing which will help you the most. If you were not serious about NEET 2018, you better pull up your socks and start working on Day 1. Get set go!!
Do a SWOT analysis and manage time to develop weaknesses into strengths, and threats into opportunities
Talking about the second problem (Unable to complete the preparation), if time management was the issue, you need to prepare a plan. First, write down all the topics which are part of Class 11th and Class 12th syllabus for NEET. Segregate those which you know very well and which you don’t know at all or are very weak in. Now start preparing with the weak topics first. Give more priority to them and then move on to those which you know.
Give equal importance to physics, chemistry, biology
Coming to the third problem (Concentrated in Biology), the candidate has to really understand that even though NEET is for medical, they should not forget that physics and chemistry have as much importance as biology. They should prepare for all the three sections by giving them equal importance. Check complete syllabus of NEET 2019 here.
Solve practice papers
The fourth problem (Not solving difficult questions) has to be avoided at any cost. Now that you have taken a drop year, you have to solve easy as well as difficult questions. You should not skip these questions and hence repeat the same mistake again.
Make NCERT your bible!
Fifth problem (Did not study NCERT properly) needs to be solved. All the medical aspirants are always advised to read the NCERT thoroughly. Make this your motto this year that I will study the complete NCERT carefully and in detail. NCERT books are considered to be the bible of medical preparation. So do make it a priority this year.
Keep your spirits high!
Solution to sixth problem (Getting nervous before the exam) also exists! Last but not the least- Have Faith!!! You have to remember that even though you were not successful in the first attempt, you will not let it happen this year! You will prepare for the exam with all your heart and soul and will not let go of this opportunity and make best out of it.
We have tried to give the solutions to the problems which the candidate generally make and then face the consequences. Hope these will help the candidate in their preparation for NEET 2019. We wish all the best to all the aspirants who are preparing for NEET 2019. May you make the best out of this year!!
Tips To Prepare For NEET 2019 For Droppers
- Firstly, calm yourself down with the fact that failures are a part of life and learn the lessons from it and move ahead for the further preparations.
- Make a time-table as per your capabilities.
- Write down all the topics which are part of Class 11th and Class 12th and in the syllabus of NEET.
- Separate those which you know very well and which you don’t know at all or are very weak in.
- Now start preparing with the weak topics first. Also, give more priority to them and then move on to those which you already know.
- Do not concentrate on only one subject, for example, students think that it is a medical entrance test so they concentrate on biology only and forget about the other two.
- Practice all the subjects and topics equally and efficiently.
- Furthermore, now that you have dropped a year, you must solve easy as well as difficult questions. You should not skip these questions and hence repeat the same mistake again.
- It is advised to go through with NCERT minutely.
- Ensure that your concepts of every topic are clear then only you must jump on referring to other books.
- Give priority to NCERT books more than any other book.
- Remember that even though you were not successful in the first attempt, you will not let it happen this year!
- You will prepare for the exam with all your heart and soul and will not let go of this opportunity and make best out of it.
- Lastly, do not get nervous. Have patience and faith retain in you.
If you have any queries on How To Prepare For NEET 2019 If You Are A Dropper?, please ask in comments below.