Gujarat State PG Medical Admission 2018 notification will soon be released by the authorities. Admission in PG Medical programmes will be done on the basis of NEET PG 2018 result. Admission Committee for Professional Post Graduate Medical Courses (ACPPGMC) will be conducting PGMED Gujarat 2018 counseling and the application forms will be released soon. Applicants are required to fill the application form before the last day to be part of admission process and get admitted in one of the colleges situated in the state. Applicants will be allotted seats on the basis of preferences marked and score obtained in NEET PG 2018.
Gujarat State PG Medical Admission 2018
Gujarat State PG Medical Admission 2018 will be conducted for 50% state seat quota. Rest 50% seats will be filled from All India quota which will be done by Director General of Health Services (DGHS), Government of India, New Delhi. Only those candidates will be allotted seats who will fulfill the basic eligibility criteria as set by ACPPGMC. For detailed information related to application form, merit list, counselling read the article below.
PGMED Gujarat 2018 Important Dates
After the release of merit list, eligible students will be able to attend online counseling. During the counseling process students will be required to fill the preferences for admission in Gujarat Medical colleges. No separate counseling will be held for admissions in private colleges.
|PGMED Gujarat 2018 Application Form||To be Announced|
|Online Payment||To be Announced|
|Submission of NEET PG 2018 Marksheet||To be Announced|
|Release of Merit List||To be Announced|
|Choice Filling/ Preferences||To be Announced|
|1st round of allotment||To be Announced|
|Date of joining the allotted seat||To be Announced|
|Reshuffling counseling||To be Announced|
Online registration process will be soon announced and the applicants have to register by visiting the website. Soon after registration, they are required to pay online application fee and processing fee of around INR 1000.
Apply: Candidates seeking Gujarat State PG Medical Admission 2018 can register when form is available at official website: www.pgmedgujarat.org.
Submit NEET Scorecard
Dates will be announced for submitting NEET 2018 qualifying mark sheet for verification purpose and checking the eligibility.
After submitting the NEET score, Merit list will be issued by the authorities stating the name of candidates who are eligible for PGMED Gujarat 2018 admission. Only those candidates will be allowed to fill the preference whose name appears in the merit list. Dates of which are yet to be announced.
Choice Filling/ Preference
Applicant has to mark the preferences when made available on the portal provided. Once locked, preferences will not be changed. Therefore, it is recommended to mark the PG Medical programmes only after analyzing and deciding properly.
After all the applicants are done with choice filling, on a specified date, 1st allotment list will be released. Candidates who have been allotted the seats have to take a print out of allotment letter and confirm their acceptance of seat by getting admission before the mentioned date. If he/she is unable to join the allotted seat, it will stand canceled.
Reshuffling Counseling: After the online counseling process of Gujarat State PG Medical Admission 2018 is completed, reshuffling counseling will take place. On the basis of availability of seats, candidate will be provided the preference marked prior to the allotted seat.
Gujarat State PG Medical Admission 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the basic eligibility criteria to be considered for PGMED Gujarat 2018. Below are the details of eligibility that you need to meet in order to get finally admitted in Gujarat Medical college:
- Candidate applying must be a citizen of India.
- You must have completed MBBS course or equivalent examination from University or college within Gujarat.
- You need to have completed compulsory rotatory internship before 31st March, 2018.
- You should also register yourself with Medical Council of India or Gujarat Medical Council within 1 month of admission.
- Applicant engaged with PG Medical course at the time of application form submission will not be eligible for PGMED Gujarat 2018.
- You need to secure minimum qualifying marks in NEET 2018 to be eligible for Gujarat State PG Medical Admission 2018.
- If you have been admitted in any PG Medical course in the past and have leaved it at the time of application submission, you will not be considered eligible.
- If you are graduate from any other university, you will be required to submit Provisional Eligibility Certificate issued by Gujarat University within one month of admission.
- Candidates applying for counseling must have secured 50 percentile in NEET PG 2017 under Open category. On the other hand, you will need only 40 percentile to be considered for counseling if you belong to SC, ST category. Applicants with locomotor disability will be eligible for 3% locomotor disability admission if they score minimum 45 percentile.
- Candidates who appear for admission must get their documents verified. Failing of which will lead to cancellation of seat.
Reservation of Seats in Gujarat State PG Medical Admission 2018
Every college/ university is bound to reserve seats for All India quota and seats under reserved category. You can know the reservation criteria from below:
- Colleges or Institutes that are self-financed, its 75% seats will be filled by Gujarat University and remaining 25% can be filled by management quota including 15% seats for NRI candidates
- 7% seats for PG Degree and Diploma are reserved for SC category candidates. 15% seats for ST candidates and 27% seats for SEBC students are also reserved for admission in PGMED Gujarat 2018.
- 3% seats in every category are reserved for locomotor disability applicant.
Documents Required for Gujarat State PG Medical Admission 2018
Applicant must ensure that he/she has all the relevant documents to get admitted successfully in colleges situated in Gujarat. Following is the list of documents that will be required:
- 10th and 12th mark sheets and pass certificate
- MBBS Mark sheet and pass certificate
- NEET PG 2018 qualifying score card
- Internship Completion certificate
- Registration certificate from Medical Council of India or Gujarat Medical Council
- Caste certificates (only for candidates belonging to SC, ST and SEBC category)
- Non Creamy Layer certificate of the family
- Physically Challenged certificate issued/ signed by the medical Board authorized by Medical officer.
- Applicant apply for NRI reserved seats is required to produce documentary evidence of NRI status.
Applicants must follow following instructions during counseling process. Failing to abide by the rules and regulations set by Gujarat University will lead to disqualification of candidate.
Total PG medical seats in Gujarat
All the information listed above is for reference purpose only and based on Gujarat State PG Medical Admission 2017. Details will be updates as soon as official announcements are made.