FMGE 2020 – The Foreign Medical Graduate Screening Test (FMGE 2020) is conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE). It is a screening test for the Indian / Overseas students who wish to get provisional or permanent registration with the Medical Council of India (MCI) or any State Medical Council. FMGE is held twice a year, in June and December. The detailed information regarding FMGE 2020 is mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
The applicants may kindly note that appearance in FMGE does not confer any automatic rights to secure provisional or permanent registration with the Medical Council of India or any State Medical Council. The expected dates regarding FMGE 2020 are mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
|FMGE 2020||Dates (Expected)|
|Availability of the FMGE 2020 Application form||2nd Week of Apr 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||1st Week of May 2020|
|Facility to edit Application Form||2nd Week of May 2020|
|Issue of Admit card||3rd Week of Jun 2020|
|FMGE 2020 Date of Examination||Last Week of Jun 2020|
|Result Declaration||Last Week of Jul 2020|
|Score Card Download||1st week of Aug 2020|
FMGE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The detailed eligibility criteria for FMGE 2020, as per last year, is mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
- A candidate must be a citizen of India or Overseas Citizen of India.
- The candidate should possess a primary medical qualification, which is confirmed by the Indian Embassy concerned, to be a recognized qualification for enrolment as medical practitioner in the country in which the institution awarding the said qualification is situated.
- It is mandatory to provide proof/documentary evidence in support of the candidate having passed final examination for such a primary medical qualification/posses the primary medical qualification on or before the cut- off date.
- Candidate seeking provisional or permanent registration shall not have to qualify the Screening Test if he/she holds an Under Graduate medical qualification from Australia/Canada/New Zealand/United Kingdom/United States of America and the holder thereof has also been awarded a Post Graduate medical qualification in Australia/Canada/New Zealand/ United Kingdom/United States of America and has been recognized for enrolment as medical practitioner in that country.
FMGE 2020 Application Form
The FMGE 2020 Application form will be available through the online mode only. The candidates will have to register themselves on the official website. Upon successful registration, the User ID and password to log in to their account will be sent through Email and SMS. Then, the candidates will be able to fill the personal as well as academic details on the FMGE 2020 Application form.
Application Fee: Candidates have to pay Rs. 5500/- (as per last year) as the application fee.
Mode of Payment: The prescribed registration fee should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks of India or through Net Banking.
FMGE 2020 Admit Card
Admit card for the FMGE 2020 exam will be issued in the online mode only. The students have to check that they have carried the printed copy of the issued admit card with their photograph posted on it on the examination day. Candidates should keep on checking the registered Email ID as the admit card will be sent there only.
FMGE 2020 Exam Pattern
The FMGE 2020 Exam Pattern (as per last year) is provided below, candidates can check for the same.
- Nature of test: Objective Type (Computer Based Test)
- Language of the Exam: English
- Duration of the Exam: 150 Minutes for each part
- Number of Questions: 300
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will be awarded 1 mark for every correct answer.
- Maximum Marks: 300
- Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking in the examination.
Pre & Para Clinical Subjects
|Name of The Subject||Marks|
|Name of the Subject||Marks|
|Dermatology and STD||5|
|General Studies And Applied Subjects|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||30|
FMGE 2020 Result
The FMGE 2020 Result will be declared on the official website. Students can check their result by logging in to their account. An applicant shall be declared as having passed only if he/she obtains a minimum of 150 marks out of 300 in the examination. The scheme regarding delivery of authenticated copy of the result shall be indicated on the website at the time of declaration of result.
FMGE 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for FMGE Screening test consists of 2 major subjects that are – Pre and Para Medical Subjects and Clinical Subjects. The clinical subject are divided into further 3 subjects namely – Medicine and Allied subjects, General Study and Allied Subjects and Pediatrics. Candidates can check out the complete syllabus from below.
Pre and Para Clinical Subjects
- Forensic Medicine
- General Surgery
- Community Medicine
- Dermatology and STD
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
The National Board of Examinations (NBE) conducts the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) screening test. Candidates qualifying FMGE gets provisional or permanent registration with Medical Council of India or any State Medical Council. FMGE is held twice a year, in June and December. Students can take the examination as many times they want. Candidates have to not only obtain the cutoff marks to clear the screening test but also meet the eligibility conditions as per the guidelines of Indian Medical Council Act.
Q1- How many times a candidate can appear for the exam?
A- There are no restrictions on number of attempts that can be availed by an applicant.
Q2- What is the process of applying for FMGE second time?
A- Candidates who have appeared in FMGE in the past and have been declared unsuccessful and have already submitted their scanned documents to NBE on an earlier occasion are not required to submit their scanned documents again. Such a candidate will be required to mention his/her roll no. issued in the last FMGE in which he/she has appeared.
Q3- How many times FMGE is conducted in a year?
A- FMGE is conducted twice a year, in June and December.
Q4- How to submit the Foreign Medical Degrees?
A- The foreign medical degrees should be attested either by the Embassy of India or should be Apostilled by the appropriate authority of the foreign country. Copy of the same should also be submitted.
Official Website: www.nbe.edu.in
For more details regarding FMGE 2020 – Download Previous Year Information Brochure