FMGE Dec 2017 – NBE is conducting FMGE Dec 2017 on January 21, 2018. It is necessary to appear in FMGE screening test for Indian citizen / OCI who have studied primary medical education outside India. FMGE 2017 Application Form is now available. The National board of Examination (NBE) conducts a screening test. The application form of FMGE Dec 2017 will continue until November 27, 2017. The NBE conducts the computer based test twice a year, i.e, in June and December. The FMGE 2017 consists of 300 MCQ questions, which candidates need to complete in 2 hrs and 30 min duration for each part i.e., total 5 hrs. There shall be no negative marking for any incorrect answer. The syllabus for the entrance test will be as per the MBBS course including pre-clinical, para-clinical and clinical. To qualify entrance test, the candidates must obtain at least a score of 150 out of 300 marks. Check more details about FMGE 2017 for December Session in the article below.
FMGE Dec 2017
The National Board of Examinations (NBE) has announced the dates for commencement of various events for FMGE 2017. The schedule for FMGE 2017 December Session is as follows:
|Registration for FMGE 2017 begins from||30 Oct 2017|
|Last date to submit the online application form||27 Nov 2017|
|Application Form correct can be done by||27 Nov 2017|
|Demo Test will be available by||01 Dec 2017|
|Last date to submit the relevant documents to NBE through email at [email protected]||04 Dec, 2017|
|FMGE 2017 exam date||21 Dec 2017|
|Declaration of Result||21 Jan 2017|
The examination is conducted for an Indian Citizen/Overseas Citizen of India possessing A Primary Medical qualification awarded by any Medical institution outside of India who is desirous of getting Provisional/ Permanent registration with State Medical Council.
FMGE Dec 2017: Application Form
- The application process is from October 30 till November 27, 2017.
- The applications must be filled and submitted by online mode only. No other mode of submitting the application either by post or mail will be accepted.
- The applicants need to register first in order to proceed to the next step and obtain the login credentials. For the registration, candidates should provide only valid details. Applicants who will submit false information in the application form will be further debarred from appearing in any future examinations.
- The candidates should submit the following self attested scanned documents along with the copy of acknowledgment e-mail received after successful online submission of application form by email at [email protected]:
- MBBS Pass (in English/Hindi)
- MBBS Pass certified by the Embassy /Apostiled
- Address Proof (PAN Card /Voter ID /Passport /Driving License/Aadhar Card)
- Two passport size colored Photographs
- Date of Birth Proof
- 10+2 passing certificate
- 10+2 mark sheet
- Internship certificate (if done abroad)
- Eligibility certificate issued by Medical Council of India (if applicable)
- Fail certificate /result for Ex-candidates
- Equivalence Certificate: From Association of Indian Universities (for candidates who have done 10+2 abroad).
- Declaration by the Applicant as given in the prospectus.
It is important to send the above mentioned documents through email as per the schedule provided at the starting of this article or otherwise the candidates will not be allowed to appear in the screening test.
Application Fees and Mode of Payment
The application fees of Rs. 5500/- is to be paid by online mode only via Credit Card or a Debit Card or Net Banking. The applicants should note that the fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
FMGE Dec 2017: Eligibility Criteria
The applicants must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility conditions before proceeding to apply online. The eligibility criteria is explained below:
- The applicant must be a citizen of India or Overseas Citizen of India.
- The candidate should possess a primary medical qualification, which is confirmed by the concerned Indian Embassy, to be a recognized qualification for enrolment as medical practitioner in the country in which the institution awarding the said qualification is situated.
- The candidate should possess the Primary Medical Qualification, i.e., MBBS, on or before November 30, 2017. It is mandatory for candidates to provide the proof in support of having passed the final examination for such a primary medical qualification/posses the primary medical qualification on or before the cut-off date.
- The candidates who wish to seek provisional or permanent registration shall need not required to qualify the Screening Test only if the candidate holds an Undergraduate medical qualification from Australia/ Canada/New Zealand/United Kingdom/United States of America and the holder thereof has also been awarded a Postgraduate medical qualification in Australia/Canada/ New Zealand/ United Kingdom/United States of America and has been recognized for enrolment as medical practitioner in that country.
- The candidates who posses the foreign medical degrees, it should be either attested by the Embassy of India or should be certified by the appropriate authority of the foreign country. The candidates should also submit a copy of the same.
- Number of Attempts: There is no restriction on number of attempts that can be availed by an applicant. However, a candidate can appear for test only once in each testing window.
Note: The attestation is to be done as per the screening test regulations (amendment) dated June 25, 2015.
Important Information for the Candidates
- The FMGE 2017 Application Form will be available by online mode only at nbe.edu.in. The applications submitted by offline mode will not be accepted.
- The applicants need to provide the choice of their Test Center at the time of registration only. On the basis of the choice filled by the candidate they will be allotted a test center. No request for change in test center will be entertained after the submission of the application form.
- The applicants should have passed MBBS or Equivalent degree on/before 30 November 2017.
- Read all the instructions carefully before filling in details in the online application and submitted as the application fee to be paid by the candidate is non-refundable.
- Candidates should be extra cautious while filling in details in the online application, as any candidate who will provide incorrect information will be disbarred from the admission process.
- The candidates who wish to edit / modify any information in the application form will be able to do so till the last date of submitting the online application. Any request for edit/ change in information thereafter will not be entertained by NBE.
FMGE 2017 Demo Test
The exam conducting body also provides the facility of the Demo Test. with the help of the demo test, the candidates have an idea of the entrance exam and the difficulty level of the questions. Since there is a change in pattern for this year, the NBE will conduct a computer based test instead of traditional written exam. So, by Demo Test the candidates can be familiarized with the Computer based exam. Interested candidates can avail the demo test facility from the NBE facility as per the schedule mentioned in the table above.
FMGE Dec 2017: Exam Pattern
FMGE has changed from a paper and pencil test to a computer-based test (CBT). The exam pattern of FMGE 2017 as per the new scheme is as follows:
- Number of Questions: 300
- Medium of the Test: English
- Nature of the Questions: MCQ type
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking for any incorrect answer.
The exam pattern for FMGE 2017 is as follows:
Pre & Para Clinical Subjects
|Medicine & Allied subjects
|General Surgery & Allied Subjects
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||30|
Schedule for the Entrance Exam
The entrance exam for FMGE 2017 is divided into two parts of 150 questions each with time allocation of 150 minutes for each part and also there is a scheduled break between the two parts. The two parts will be conducted in a single day. The allocation of time for the FMGE shall be as follows:
|Events||Part A||Part B|
|Allow Candidates to enter the examination centre and start Biometric Registration||07:30 AM||01:00 PM|
|Entry closes at Examination Center||09:00 AM||02:30 PM|
|Grant access for Candidate Login||09:15 AM||02:45 PM|
|Candidates log in to read instructions||09:20 AM||02:50 PM|
|Exam Start Time||09:30 AM||03:00 PM|
|Exam End Time||12:00 PM||05:30 PM|
FMGE Dec 2017: Syllabus
The syllabus for the entrance exam will include all subjects taught during the MBBS course including pre-clinical, para-clinical and clinical. Check the detailed syllabus from the pdf below:
FMGE Dec 2017: Admit card
The Admit card for FMGE 2017 will be available at the candidate’s registered email Id. No printed admit card will be sent by post. The candidates shall receive their admit card on their registered email ID approximately 4 days before the examination day. The admit card will consist of the exam date, timings and venue along with the candidate’s personal information. Candidates need to take a print out of the admit card, paste their photograph in the space provided on it. It is mandatory for candidates to bring the printed copy of the admit card and a valid id proof in original at the examination center.
Documents to bring at the examination center
The candidates will be allowed inside the examination centre only after showing the following documents:
- A printed copy of Admit card with photo pasted on it.
- A valid Photo ID proof in original:
- PAN card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Aadhaar Card (with Photograph) / e-Aadhaar card with Aadhaar number printed on it
Important Information Regarding the Entrance Exam
- No FMGE 2017 Admit Card will be sent to the candidates individually by post.
- The exam center once allotted to the candidates will be final. Any request for change in test centre/city shall not be entertained.
- Candidates will be informed about the availability of the admit card through SMS or Email.
After taking the printout of the Admit Card, the candidates should affix their latest passport size photograph as per the following specifications:
- The photograph should be of minimum size of 35 x 45 mm.
- At the bottom of the photograph, the name of the candidate and date of taking the photograph should be clearly indicated.
- The background of the photograph to be apsted on the admit card should be white.
- The photograph should be printed on a high quality paper with at least 600 dpi Resolutions.
Most importantly, it is necessary that the name on the admit card must match with that on the photo id proof. However, if the name has been changed due to events such as marriage, candidate must show the relevant document mentioned at the time of test to the invigilator (Marriage Certificate/Divorcee Decree/ Legal Name Change Document).
FMGE Dec 2017: Test Centers
The entrance test for FMGE 2017 December Session2 017 will be conducted at the following cities:
FMGE Dec 2017: Result
The result for FMGE 2017 December Session will be uploaded online at NBE website and at NBE Office notice board. The candidates who appeared for the FMGE 2017 Screening Test will be able to check their result by January 21, 2018.
To qualify the entrance exam for FMGE 2017, the candidates will be declared to have qualified the exam only he/she obtains a minimum of 150 marks out of 300 in the examination.