FMGE 2020 – The FMGE is an abbreviation for the Foreign Medical Graduate Screening Test conducted by the National Board of Examination in lieu of granting provisional/permanent medical registration to candidates who have completed their MBBS from outside India. The candidate applying for the FMGE 2020 should be an Indian citizen/overseas citizen of India. The FMGE 2020 is conducted in June and December. Check more details regarding the FMGE 2020 exam date, eligibility, syllabus, results and counselling from down below.
Note: Candidates who have completed their undergraduate medical training from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom and the United States of America do not have to qualify the screening test.
The Indian overseas candidates who have graduated in MBBS from some other country apart from India have to appear for the FMGE 2020 to obtain the registration certificate from the Medical Council of India. As stated above, it is held twice a year and is an MCQ based examination. There are about 300 questions and there is no negative marking in the same. The duration of the FMGE 2020 examination is 2 hours 30 minutes. There is no limitation on attempts for the FMGE 2020 examination.
FMGE 2020 Exam Date
The National Board of Examination conducts the FMGE 2020 in the last week of December, the application forms for which are usually out in October. You are advised to keep checking the official website of the exam conducting authority for any updates or changes in the same.
When will NBE announce exam date of FMGE 2020 exam? The NBE announced the important dates in the month of October for FMGE 2019.
What is the expected exam date of FMGE 2020 : Most probably the FMGE 2020 will be conducted in the last week of December only.
FMGE Exam Date Trends
FMGE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates need to fulfil some criteria to be eligible for appearing in the FMGE 2020 examination. Please read the details and eligibility criteria carefully before filling the application form for the same.
- Candidate should be either a citizen of India/ Overseas Citizen of India.
- The primary medical qualification of the candidate should be confirmed by the concerned Indian embassy.
FMGE 2020 Application Form
The FMGE 2020 Application Form is made available on the official website of NBE in April for the June exam, and in October for the December exam. Please note that the application form for FMGE 2020 can only be filled through online mode and not offline. Please check the step by step procedure of filling the FMGE 2020 from down below.
FMGE 2020 How to Apply
- Candidates can register themselves on the official ID to obtain User ID and password.
- Now, fill the application form with authentic and genuine details.
- You will also be asked for a photograph, thumb signature and other prescribed documents.
- Fill in the option for the test centre.
- Submit the fees which are Rs. 5500 by either Debit or Credit Card.
- After uploading documents, take a print out of application form and keep it safe.
FMGE 2020 Application Fee
- Candidate has to pay Rs. 5500/ – through online mode.
- Fees will be forfeited for those who are absent on the day of exam.
FMGE 2020 Syllabus
According to the brochure, the syllabus for the FMGE 2020 is purely based on the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India. Below listed is the blueprint of the subjects and number of questions in the examination.
Pre and Para Clinical Subjects
- Anatomy – 17 Marks
- Physiology – 17 Marks
- Biochemistry – 17 Marks
- Pathology – 13 Marks
- Micro Biology -13 Marks
- Pharmacology – 13 Marks
- Forensic Medicine – 10 Marks
Total – 100 Marks
- Medicine – 33
- Psychiatry -5
- Dermatology & STD – 5
- Radio Therapy -5
- General Surgery – 32
- Anaesthesiology – 5
- Orthopaedics – 5
- Radio-Diagnosis – 5
- Paediatrics – 15
- Ophthalmology – 15
- Otorhinolaryngology -15
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology – 30
- Community Medicine – 30
Total Marks: 200
All Total Marks: 300
You can check the more detailed syllabus from here.
FMGE 2020 Admit Card
The National Board of Examination releases the admit card approx 7 days before the actual day of FMGE 2020 examination. Candidates should note that their allotted testing centre will not be changed after the admit card has been released.
Photograph for admit card: All the candidates are supposed to affix a photograph after downloading the admit card. The specifications of the photograph are as follows.
- The size of the photograph should be 35×45 mm and there should 75% coverage of face and head.
- The name of the candidate and date of capturing should be mentioned below the photo.
- The background of the photo should be white.
- There should be a neutral expression on the face.
- There should be no shadow, reflection or red eyes in the photo.
- Candidate should take a print out of the photo on high-resolution paper with 600 dpi.
- No kinks, scratches and stains are allowed on the photograph.
FMGE 2020 List of Test Centers
Like stated above, the candidate has to fill his/her choice of test centre while filling their application form. However, these test centres are only allotted by the National Board of Examination based on availability. Here is a complete checklist of these centres.
- Greater Noida
- Mumbai Nagpur
- New Delhi
FMGE 2020 Scheme of Examination
The scheme of the FMGE 2020 examination is a slight different from the other medical examinations. As in, it consists of 2 parts with 150 questions. There is a scheduled break between both the examinations. Check below to read the FMGE 2020 Scheme of Examination.
- There are 300 MCQ questions in the question paper which are divided into parts of 150 questions each.
- There is no negative marking in the question paper.
- There is a 2-hour break between both the examinations, the Part A commences at 7:00 am and Part B commences at noon.
- A brief overview of the time allocation during FMGE 2020 is as follows.
- Timings for Part A: 9:00 am to 11:30 am
- Timings for Part B: 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm
- The entrance/bio-metric registration starts at 7:00 am for Part A and noon for Part B.
- The entrance is closed at 8:30 am for Part A and at 1:30 pm for Part B.
- Access is given to the candidate at 8:45 am for Part A and at 1:45 pm for Part B.
- Candidates can start reading instructions at 8:50 am for Part A and 1:50 pm for Part B.
Important Documents Required on the FMGE 2020 Exam Day
Along with confidence and best preparation, there are a few documents which are required for entrance into the examination hall. Candidates are thus advised to create a checklist of all these below listed relevant ones.
- Candidate should have the admit card with an affixed photograph.
- Candidates should possess any of these photo ID like Pan Card, Voter ID, Passport, Adhaar Card etc.
FMGE 2020 Result
A candidate has to have 150 marks out of 300 in order to qualify in the FMGE 2020 examination. If he/she is not able to do so, they can give another attempt to the exam as there is no limit of attempts in the same. The FMGE 2020 Result is usually out during the last week of the same month in which the exam is held, on the official website of National Board of Examination.
Frequently Asked Questions
The FMGE 2020 examination will be replaced by the NEXT examination as per the NMC bill in the year 2022 approximately.
According to present rules, a candidate has to pass the FMGE examination if they want the medical registration to appear in the NEET PG examination.
A candidate has to score 150 marks out of the total 300 marks in order to qualify in the FMGE 2020 examination.