DNB PDCET 2021- The National Board of Examination conducts the DNB PDCET for admission to Post Graduate DNB (Secondary) Courses once annually. The duration of the DNB PDCET 2021 examination is 2.5 hours and mode is MCQ based. The NBE has kept a different set of eligibility criteria pertaining to different types of specialisations which you can read from below. The syllabus of the DNB PDCET exam is based on the MBBS exit level examination. Check out more details about DNB PDCET 2021 Date, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Results, Counselling etc.
DNB PDCET 2021
As stated above, the DNB PDCET 2021 is conducted for admissions into the post DNB Diploma courses. Candidates who are registered with the Medical Council of India can only appear for the DNB PDCET 2021 examination so make sure you have a print copy of that. Another very important point to note is counselling and seat allotment process. After the declaration of the DNB PDCET result, the NBE declares a merit list which is speciality specific. You can also check the official brochure of the DNB PDCET exam for more information.
DNB PDCET 2021 Exam Date
The DNB PDCET 2021 is held in the last week of December every year. The application forms for the same are released in October although. The DNB PDCET informational Bulletin is also out along with the application form. You can thus read out all the details regarding the same for your inconvenience.
When will NBE announce exam date of DNB PDCET 2021 exam? As per the past year trends, we can see that the DNB PDCET examination does not follow any policy of conducing entrance examination on weekends. It can be held on a weekday. Also note that according to the January session dates, the DNB PDCET examination is expected to be held anywhere between the 20th to 22nd December this year as well.
DNB PDCET Date Trends
|Exam Session||Exam Date||Day|
|January 2019||20th December||Friday|
|July 2019||29th June||Saturday|
|January 2018||21st December, 2017||Thursday|
|July 2018||29th June||Friday|
Please note the DNB PDCET was earlier held twice in the year which is July and January but after a official notification released by NBE in 2019, it was declared that now the DNB PDCET examination will only be held for January session. See image below.
DNB PDCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates have to have passed a set of criterion to be eligible for appearing in the DNB PDCET 2021 examination. Here is the entire list of speciality specific eligibility criteria for the same.
- Candidates should have passed the postgraduate diploma from an institution recognised duly by the Medical Council of India.
- Candidates should not be pursuing MD/MS/DNB at the time of applying for the examination.
- Candidate should be registered with the State Medical Council/MCI.
DNB PDCET 2021 Application Form
The DNB PDCET Application Form is available on the official website of the National Board of Examination usually in the mid of the October month. The form can only be submitted through the online mode and not of offline mode. After the registration, you must take a print of the filled application form and acknowledgement slip. The application form filling steps for the DNB PDCET 2021 is mentioned as follows.
Here is the list of steps that have to follow while filling the application form for DNB PDCET 2021.
- First, register yourself on the official website of National Board of Examination.
- You will then receive the User ID and password through SMS and Email ID.
- The candidate then has to upload the photograph and signature after filling the application form.
- Choose your specific test centre.
- Initiate the payment after registration and do not forget to print out the application form and transaction ID.
Last Year DNB PDCET Examination Fee
- Registration Fee for DNB PDCET 2021: Rs. 4500/-
- The fee can only be paid through the online mode and will not be refunded if the candidate is found ineligible for appearing in the DNB PDCET 2021
DNB PDCET 2021 Upload of Documents
You need to upload a list of documents to appear for the DNB PDCET 2021 examination. Make sure you only upload the scanned copies of these listed mentioned documents.
- Post Graduate Diploma Certificate/Provisional Pass Certificate (PPC)
- Any proof that shows that the postgraduate diploma qualification issued by the Medical Council of India.
DNB PDCET 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for the DNB PDCET 2021 examination is the same level of Final MBBS exit examination. An important note is that the NBE holds the right to alter and make changes in the same as and when required. So, you need to regularly check their official website for any new updates. Here is the entire Syllabus of the DNB PDCET 2021 examination.
Subjects | Marks
- Anatomy, Biochemistry and Physiology: 25 Marks
- Pathology, Microbiology and Pharmacology: 25 Marks
- General Medicine, Dermatology, Psychiatry and Radiotherapy: 35 Marks
- General Surgery, Anaesthesia, Orthopaedics and Radio diagnosis: 35 Marks
- Paediatrics: 15 Marks
- ENT & Ophthalmology: 10 Marks
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology: 25 Marks
- Community Medicine: 20 Marks
Total Marks: 200
DNB PDCET 2021 Download Admit Card
The admit card for the DNB PDCET 2021 is officially released on the official website a few before the DNB PDCET examination. Please note that the admit cards can only be downloaded online and will not be sent to anyone by post.
Fixing photo on admit card: Candidates have to affix photograph after downloading their respective DNB PDCET examinations. The specifications for the photograph are as follows.
- The size of the photo should be minimum 35×45 mm and there should be 75% coverage of face and head.
- Name of the candidate and date of capturing the picture should be mentioned on the bottom of the picture.
- The background of the photograph should be white.
- No reflection, shadow or red eyes will be accepted.
- The print out of the photograph should be high quality and with 600 dpi resolution.
- No stains, kinks and scratches will be accepted.
DNB PDCET 2021 Scheme of Examination
The DNB PDCET 2021 is conducted on the online mode in one single session. There are about 200 questions and the language used is English. Candidates are also given a preview option to check all their given answers before the end of the examination. Here is the overview of the DNB PDCET 2021 scheme of examination, check down below.
- Total Marks: 200
- Every Correct Answer: 4 marks is allotted
- Every Wrong Answer: 1 mark is deducted
- Every non attempted question: Zero
DNB PDCET 2021 Test Centers
Candidate has to select their choice of test/ exam centres during the filling of the application form. He/she is allotted their chosen test centre based on availability. The allotment of the same is done on a first come first serve basis. Below is the list of the DNB PDCET 2019 test centers.
List of Documents Required on DNB PDCET 2021 Exam Day
Along with a healthy mind and good preparations, there is a list of documents required for granting entrance into the examination hall. The list of them is as follows.
- Printed Copy of Admit Card with a photograph pasted on it.
- Any authorised Photo ID like Pan Card, Adhaar Card, Driving License, Passport, Voter ID etc
DNB PDCET 2021 Results
The National Board of Examination declares the results for the DNB PDCET 2021 examination in the mid of January. The DNB PDCET 2020 Results were however released on the January 14th, 2020 in pdf format. You can download and print out the result if you need the hard copy of the same. The validity of the DNB PDCET result is for one respective session only.
DNB PDCET 2021 Merit List and Counselling
After the declaration of the DNB PDCET 2021 Results, the National Board of Examination releases the merit list with the respective rank of candidates along with their scores. All the seats are filled by the centralised counselling only. However, a different merit list is prepared for each broad speciality. For instance, the rank of the person appearing for DNB PDCET 2021 in Nuclear Medicine will be there under the same heading only.
DNB PDCET 2021 Tie-Breaking Criteria
Sometimes, marks of candidates appearing in the examination clash with each other. Hence, the NBE takes the help of the tie-breaking criteria to determine the candidate for the same.
- A candidate who has more correct answers in the question paper will rank above. OR
- Older candidate according to DOB will receive better merit position.
Frequently Asked Questions
Secondary DNB is defined as the specific specialisation in which you want to appear for the DNB PDCET examination. It is a 2-year course.
There is a huge difference between the two exams. NEET PG is conducted for admissions into MD/MS/PG Diploma courses and DNB PDCET is an examination for post-diploma courses after DNB degree.
No, you cannot change or update your examination centre after the admit card is available on the official website?
No, the absentees in the DNB PDCET 2021 examination will forfeit their examination fees.