The National Board of Examinations (NBE), has released DNB PDCET 2019 / DNB PDCET December 2018 exam application form on October 16, 2018. Last date to apply is November 06, 2018. DNB PDCET 2019 will be held on December 14, 2018. Candidates who want to pursue post-diploma admissions to various DNB specialty courses like Radiology, Orthopaedics, Dermatology, Radiotherapy for admission in academic session January 2019 must appear in it. NBE awards Diplomate National Board qualifications. DNB PDCET 2019 examination will be in online mode only. This examination takes place twice in a year. Candidates who are looking forward to get admission to post-diploma courses must apply as per schedule for application forms. To know more about this examination, candidates can refer to this page.
DNB PDCET 2019
The candidates will be applying for this examination will get admissions in the various specialties like Dermatology, Anesthesiology, Psychiatry, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Radio Diagnosis, Radiotherapy, etc.
DNB PDCET December 2018
Candidates are required to go through the important dates of the examination which are given below:
|Application form submission from||16 Oct 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form||06 Nov 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||06 Dec 2018|
|DNB PDCET exam date||14 Dec 2018|
|Declaration of Result||15 Jan 2019|
|Cut off date for completion of Post Graduation Diploma Qualification||31 Dec 2018|
Official Notification for DNB PDCET 2019 Exam Date
DNB PDCET 2019 Application Form
The application forms for DNB PDCET 2019 / DNB PDCET December 2018 are available on the official website of NBE. Before filling the application forms, the candidates must go through the registration guide which is available on the official website of NBE. These forms can only be filled and submitted in online mode. Submission of the application forms through mode will not be considered. After the application form is submitted, the candidates must download and keep it for future reference.
The candidates must ensure that when the fill the application form, they enter the correct details. The details such as personal information, educational qualification etc, will be treated as correct by the NBE and therefore, it will not be changed under any circumstances. The candidates may note that the following information given in the application is noneditable:
- Candidate’s name
- date of birth
- Mobile number
- Email Address
- Testing City
After the filling of the application form, the candidates will have to pay the examination fee through any of the means of payment which are Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking. The examination fee is Rs. 4500/-.
Acknowledgment of Application Form Submission
After the application form is submitted, an acknowledgment will be sent to the candidates on their email id, confirming that the form is submitted.
Apply Online – Click here to apply online for DNB PDCET January 2019 / December 2018.
DNB PDCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who will be applying for the DNB PDCET must ensure that they fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidates must have Post Graduate Diploma from Indian Universities which are recognized by the Indian Medical Counseling Act 1956.
- They must have passed the final examinations on or before December 31, 2018.
Important Instructions Regarding Eligibility
- Candidates will have to submit the proof of passing his her post-graduate diploma final examination at the time of centralized merit-based counseling.
- Those who will be found ineligible during any time of the admission process will not be allowed to seat in the examination.
- Candidates who are yet to appear for/getting the result of the basic qualifying examinations after December 31, 2018, are not eligible to apply.
- Those who are qualifying the PG diploma/getting the results after December 31, 2018, are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are pursuing the MD/DNB/MS course are not eligible to apply for the examination.
- Registration with MCI/State Medical Council of India is mandatory along with its proof, which should be brought at the time of counseling.
DNB PDCET 2019 Selection Procedure
The candidates who will secure the minimum qualifying marks in the examination will be eligible for the admission to the DNB Post diploma courses.
DNB PDCET 2019 Exam Pattern
The DNB PDCET 2019 is an essential examination to get admission to the post diploma in DNB courses. The examination will be conducted in online mode only. Following is the exam pattern of DNB in detail:
|Specialty Questions||No.of Questions|
|Anatomy, Biochemistry and Physiology||30|
|Pathology, Pharmacology and Microbiology||30|
|General Medicine, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radiotherapy||45|
|General Surgery, Anaesthesia, Orthopedics, Radiodiagnosis||45|
|ENT and Ophthalmology||30|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology||30|
|Correct response||4 marks will be awarded|
|Incorrect response||1 mark will be deducted|
|Unattempted questions||No marks will be deducted.|
- The candidates will be given an option of marking the questions for review before the end of the examination.
- The questions will be MCQ based.
- The standard of examinations will be at the level of Final MBBS exit examination.
- The above exam pattern is provisional. The National Board of Examination reserves the right to alter or change the same.
DNB PDCET 2019 How to Prepare
The candidates who will be appearing for this examination are advised to go through the study tips that will help them in the exam preparation:
- Look at the syllabus and the subjects you have to study. Then check which of the topics or concepts you know and which you need to study. Make a study plan accordingly, where you should give time to the subjects or topic which are hard for you.
- When you are stuck somewhere, always take the help of your peers.
- You can also do some research on the internet regarding the topic that you will be studying.
- Keep switching from subject to subject so that you don’t get bored.
- Practice as many old question papers as you can. This way you will know how you performed and according to that what improvements should be made.
DNB PDCET 2019 Admit Card
The candidates who will successfully submit the application form and select the test centers for examination will be issued the admit card. The admit cards will be sent to the candidates on their email id’s seven days before the day of examination. A notification regarding the admit card availability.
The candidates have to download the admit card and paste a recent passport size photograph on the space provided. The photograph should be as per the specifications are given below:
- Photograph size: 35x45mm with minimum 75% coverage of the face and head of the candidate.
- A caption should be there at the bottom of the page that indicates the name of the candidates and the date of the photograph being captured.
- The background of the photograph should be white.
- The photographs with reflection/shadow/red eye will not be accepted.
- The resolution of the photograph must be 600 dpi.
DNB PDCET 2019 Test Centers
The DNB PDCET 2019 exam will be held in various cities like Bhubaneswar, Patna, Delhi, Coimbatore etc. Last year, the tests were held in the following cities:
|Sr no.||Test Cities||Sr no.||Test Cities|
- At the time of submission of the application form, the candidates will be asked to choose the test city.
- The test city will then be allotted on the first cum first serve basis.
- The NBE will ensure that the test cities which are chosen by the candidates are allotted to them.
- In case if the test city is not available due to any technical, logistical or other reason, then the NBE will allot the test cities that the closest to the one selected by the candidate before.
- The test center allotment will be informed 7 days before the day of the examination.
- The exact address of the test city will be given in the admit card.
- The candidates must familiarize themselves with the location of the test center so that they arrive on time on the day of the examination.
DNB PDCET 2019 Results
The result of the examination will be declared on the official website. A merit list will be prepared which will be in the order of the marks obtained by the candidates in the examination. A separate merit list will be prepared for each of the Broad Speciality courses.
Tie Breaking Criteria
If two or more candidates obtain the same number of marks, then the following criteria will be applied to break the tie:
- The candidate who has more number of correct responses will be given the higher position in the merit list.
- If the above criteria doesn’t break the tie, then the date of birth of the candidate will be considered. The candidate who is older will be given the higher merit position.
DNB PDCET 2019 Counselling
The candidates who will qualify the DNB PDCET 2019 examination will be eligible for counseling which will be held by the NBE.
Reservation of Seats for Counseling
At the time of counseling, the reservation of seats will be made for SC/ST/PWD/OBC for the admission to the DNB PDCET 2019. These candidates will have to provide some documents at the time of counseling such as :
- The candidates have to bring the certificate issued by the competent authority in respect of SC/ST.
- The certificate for OBC candidates in the format given in the information brochure of DNB PDCET.
- The certificate for PWD candidates in the format given in the information brochure of DNB PDCET.
- DNB PDCET 2019 Information Brochure
- DNB PDCET 2019 Application Form Manual
- DNB PDCET 2019 Application Form Instructions For Image Upload