DNB Final December 2018 – The National Board of Examinations will be conducting the DNB Final 2018 examination. The DNB Final examination is conducted in two sessions. The information that is provided on this page is for the December session. The DNB Final December 2018 is an exit examination. The candidates who qualify the DNB Final December 2018 exam will be awarded the DNB qualification. To appear for the exam, the students must first do the registration by applying from the official website: www.exam.natboard.edu.in. Then they have to fill in the application form and also pay the examination fees. The candidates must also provide all the necessary documents during the registration.
DNB Final December 2018
It is necessary that to appear for the DNB Final December 2018 examination, the students must submit their thesis. Otherwise, the students will not be allowed to sit in the examination. The students are required to go through the important dates:
|DNB Final December 2018||Dates|
|Last date to apply for DNB Final||12 Oct 2018|
|Submission of hardcopy last date||22 Oct 2018|
|Last date to apply for Practical||31 Jan 2019|
|Date of DNB Final exam|
|Paper I||07 Dec 2018|
|Paper II||08 Dec 2018|
|Paper III||08 Dec 2018|
|Paper IV||09 Dec 2018|
DNB Final December 2019 Application Form
The application forms for the DNB Final December 2018 will be available on the official website: www.exam.natboard.edu.in. Before filling in the application form, it is advised to the students that they read the information bulletin. This must be done so that the student does not make any mistake.
The DNB Final December 2018 application form will be available in the online mode only. To register, the students will have to provide their mobile number and email id. They also have to upload their scanned passport size photograph and signature. The size of both the documents must not exceed more than 100KB.
The candidates then have to pay the examination fees. An amount of Rs.5500 has to be paid through credit card or debit card at the time of the registration. After the submission of the application form online, the students have to print it and send the hard copy to the Authorities. For more information regarding the application form, the students can refer to the links given on this page.
Note: The candidates can also apply only for the practical examination. The forms for the same can be filled from the official website
Apply here: Click here to apply for DNB Final December 2018
DNB Final December 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The students who meet the following eligibility criteria can appear for the DNB Final December 2018 examination. Following is the eligibility criteria for DNB students, MD/MS and Post Diploma students.
For DNB Students
- The students who have completed their training at any National Board of Examinations or any medical college or institute after registered as a DNB trainee is eligible for the DNB Final December 2018.
For MD/MS Students
- The students who have passed the final examination and now hold the postgraduate degree can apply for the examination.
- The degree must be recognized by the Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
- The degree must be awarded before September 30, 2018.
For Post Diploma Students
- The students must be registered with NBE.
- They must complete their training by June 30, 2019.
The submission of the thesis is important for all the students who want to appear for the DNB Final December 2018. It is necessary as it is a partial eligibility requirement. The thesis should be submitted by the students before the date of the cut off being released.
DNB Final December 2018 Admit Card
The admit card for the DNB Final December 2018 will be issued on the official website. The students will be able to get the admit card logging into the portal. The admit card will contain the important information such as the name of the students, test centre, date and time.
The students must download and print the admit card. On the printed admit card, the students have to paste their passport size photograph.
The students must not forget to bring the admit card at the exam centre as without it the admit card, the students will not be allowed to sit in the exam hall.
DNB Final December 2018 Exam Pattern
The DNB Final December 2018 exam will consist of four papers. Each paper will be of 100 marks. Students must go through the exam pattern and information from below:
- There will be 10 short notes in each of the papers.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- The students must obtain a minimum of 200 marks out of 400 in the aggregate of 4 papers if they want to qualify the theory examination.
- The maximum marks for the practical examination is 300.
- The practical examination consists of clinical examination and viva.
- The students must obtain a minimum of 150 marks out of 300 to qualify for the Practical examination.
- The students will be given a maximum of three attempts to appear for the practical examination.
- If a candidate is absent for the practical examination, then it will be counted as an attempt.
- It is necessary to appear for the first practical examination.
Note: All the question papers of DNB Final Theory Exam and Direct 6 years Super Specialty Courses (Part I) will consist of short note type questions only from the forthcoming December 2018 exam session. This includes Paper IV of DNB General Medicine, Paediatrics and Family Medicine and Paper I & II of Direct 6 years Super Specialty Courses (Part I).
Clarification regarding DNB Final Question Paper Pattern
- It is hereby clarified that the question papers of paper IV of General Medicine, Family Medicine & Paediatrics which were of MCQ type till June 2018 session will henceforth (2018 December session onwards) be consisting of short note type questions.
- Paper I & II of Direct Six years Super Specialty courses (Part I) which were of MCQ type till December 2017 session will henceforth (2018 December session onwards) be consisting of short note type questions.
- Pattern of all question papers for DNB Final Examinations for other specialties remains the same.
DNB Final December 2018
The exam will be conducted in the following 14 cities. The candidates will be required to select the exam centre at the time of filling in the application form.
The students must note that once the test centre is allotted to the candidates, it will not be changed later at any circumstances.
DNB Final December 2018 Result
The DNB Final December 2018 is a qualifying examination. The result that will be released will be declared as PASS or FAIL. The result will not be declared for the candidates who have not submitted their final training completion certificate in the format required. The candidates will be able to check their results by logging on to the website of the conducting body. The candidates must note that there will be no rechecking or totaling of the answer sheets.
The candidates who will qualify the practical examination will receive the provisional certificate of passing the DNB. This will be sent to the students by post. The candidates will also have to pay for the enrollment fees and award for DNB certificates. For more information, the candidates can check the quick links.
Official website: exam.natboard.edu.in
For more information, click here download the DNB Final December 2018 Information Brochure