The National Board of Examinations (NBE) has published the DNB Theory Result 2017. The result of DNB Final Theory Exam for December 2017 session has been declared for the specialty of GUS, Rheumatology, Anatomy & Field Epidemiology. The candidates can check their result through the link which is given on this page. To check the result you need to enter your Roll Number and Date of Birth. NBE conducted DNB Final examination 2017 from 8th to 10th December. Various Broad and Super Specialties exam were there. Know PASS / FAIL rules and cut offs for Theory exam and Practicals. Get here complete details of DNB Final December 2017.
DNB Final December 2017 Examination
DNB Final December 2017 is a qualifying examination. It comprises of Theory and Practicals. Applications are invited from aspiring medical candidates. Check all the important dates from below.
|Release of notification and application form||15 Sep 2017|
|Cut off date for application form to reach NBE office||13 Oct 2017|
|Date of examination for Paper I||08 Dec 2017 (09:30 AM to 12:30 PM))|
|Date of examination for Paper II||09 Dec 2017 (09:30 AM to 12:30 PM)|
|Date of examination for Paper III||09 Dec 2017 (02:00 PM to 05:00 PM)|
|Date of examination for Paper IV||10 Dec 2017 (09:30 AM to 12:30 PM)|
|Last date for form submission for candidates who took final exam in Jun 2017 and declared Fail||15 Oct 2017|
|Last date for form submission to appear in only DNB final only practical exam Dec 2017||31 Jan 2018|
|DNB Final Dec 2017 Result Available on||05 Mar 2018|
DNB Final December 2017 Result
NBE declares DNB Final 2017 Result. Result of DNB Final December 2017 indicates PASS / FAIL. If one is provisionally eligible on date of result announcement then their result is withheld and releases when he/she becomes eligible. Result of practical examination releases only if candidate submits final training completion certificate and thesis is accepted. One can also see question wise marks (check procedure on NBE website notice dt 20.04.10, 14.12.11).
Result: Click Here to check the result for Theory.
Steps to check result and get the certificate
- Click on the link which is given above to check DNB Final December 2017 Theory Result.
- Enter your Roll Number and Date of Birth.
- Finally, on submitting the details the result will appear on the screen.
- The Result is also put up at NBE Ansari Nagar office.
- Signed copy of result is treated as final for all intents and purposes.
- One who has qualified Theory will also get intimation by email / letter for practical centre.
- Those who are successful in practical get Provisional Certificate of passing DNB by Speed Post.
- Passing certificate dispatches within 4 weeks of result announcement.
To get duplicate provisional pass certificate, submit letter mentioning reason for requiring duplicate certificate. Also give copy of FIR for loss of certificate, affidavit in support of application. Pay fee of One Thousand for document up to preceding 3 years and Two Thousand for more than 3 years old.
Enrollment Fee is Rs 2,500 towards enrolment as Diplomate of National Board of Examinations.
DNB Final December 2017 Application Form
The application process has ended. The candidates had to certify application form by head of institution at appropriate place. Attach supporting documents. One who is not in service gets signature from head of institute where training was done or where they work.
Get application form here – Application Process ended!
|Candidate||Exam Fee||Registration Fee||Total|
|DNB||Rs 5,500||NIL||Rs 5,500|
|MD / MS||Rs 5,500||Rs 1,000||Rs 6,500|
|2nd / 3rd attempt for only practical exam||Rs 5,500|
Method of paying fees is as follows.
Instructions to fill form
- Download Application Form 1 and Application Form 2 from www.natboard.edu.in.
- Enter correct details in form.
- Attach documents.
- Enclose photocopies of certificates and pay-in-slip (NBE copy).
- Annex check list given in in information brochure.
- Those who are registered with NBE must attach self-attested copy of registration number.
- Submit it so as to reach before cut off date.
Check list for DNB Final Application Form
- Pay In Slip
- Application Form 1
- Application Form 2
- MD / MS Degree certificate, if MD/MS candidate
- DNB Training completion certificate, if undergone DNB training
- NBE registration supporting documents, if DNB trainees
- – an attested copy of letter of registration issued by NBE
- Documents supporting PG qualification (for MD/MS candidates) – IMR certification of registration of additional qualifications.
- Copies of other relevant documents.
DNB Final Eligibility criteria
A candidate can appear in DNB Final (Broad Specialty) if he/she is registered with NBE as DNB trainee. Those who hold medical qualification MD/MS in a specialty recognized by MCI Act 1956 (MD/MS training is 36 months) are eligible.
- One must obtain needful training that NBE prescribes.
- Cut off date for completing DNB Training: 30 Jun 2018
- It is compulsory to submit Training Completion Certificate with leave records.
MD / MS Candidates
- He/she has passed final exam leading to award of PG degree from recognized university.
- Degree must have been obtained on or before 30 Sep 2017.
- He/she is registered with NBE and completing training by 30 Jun 2018.
- It is important to submit Training Completion Certificate with leave records.
DNB Final December 2017 Exam Format
NBE holds a two stage DNB Final examination comprising of theory and practical exam. One who qualifies theory exam can appear in practical exam. Someone who fails first attempt of practical exam can attempt 2 more time in practical within next 3 sessions of theory exam.
- Theory Examination comprises 4 papers of maximum 100 marks each.
- Each paper has 10 short notes of 10 marks each. Some papers may have different marks weightage and number of notes.
- Maximum time is 3 hours.
- In order to to qualify theory exam, one needs to score at least 50% in aggregate of 4 papers.
- Grace marks will be up to 2% of max marks (8 out of 400) if candidate falls in zone of consideration. Zone of consideration is 192-199 out of 400. There will not be any grace marks for General Medicine, Paediatrics, Family Medicine where Paper 4 is MCQ based. Grace marks of up to maximum 6 marks only will be for those in zone of consideration, where zone is 194-199 marks.
- Fourth paper for General Medicine, Paediatrics, Family Medicine is Multiple Choice Question type. There are 200 questions with single answer correct. Each question is of 0.5 marks. Max marks in this is 100. There no negative marking. There is no grace marks.
- One who qualifies Theory can appear in Practical.
- Maximum marks in Practical Exam is 300.
- This includes clinical examination and viva.
- A minimum of 50% in clinical exam including viva leads to qualification of practicals. There is no grace marks in it.
Practical Exam Schedule
Candidates get date, time, venue for practical exam by post and email. Date, time, venue of practical exam also displays on www.natboard.edu.in. Practical exam center can be anywhere in India.
DNB Final December 2017 Admit Card
NBE informs candidates of exam centres through admit card. DNB Final December 2017 Admit Card releases on official website. Applicants can download and print it before exam. They must paste photograph at designated place in it. They must also bring a valid ID proof.
Valid ID proofs can be any of following:
- Aadhaar Card with photograph
- Driving license
- PAN card
- Voter ID
DNB Final December 2017 Exam Centres
DNB Final December 2017 Information Brochure
Read complete brochure here.