DNB Final 2019 (Broad Specialty) is expected to be conducted by National Board of Examination (NBE) in the month of June. Diplomate of National Board Final examination or DNB Final 2019 will be conducted in online mode. The candidates who are interested can apply from the official website: www.natboard.edu.in. There will be 4 papers in this examination and one practical examination. The candidates have to qualify theory and practical in order to get admissions to the DNB Final courses. Candidates can find out more information such as eligibility criteria, selection procedure, test center etc from this page.
DNB Final 2019
The DNB Final Broad Speciality courses provide admission to the courses such as General Medicine, Microbiology, Psychiatry, Pathology, Radio Diagnosis, Radiotherapy etc. Candidates are required to go through the following important dates:
|DNB Final 2019||Dates (Expected)|
|Last date to submit the application form||2nd week of Apr 2019|
|Admit Card availability||3rd week of Jun 2019|
|DNB Final examination date|
|Paper 1||1st week of Jun 2019|
|Paper 2||1st week of Jun 2019|
|Paper 3||1st week of Jun 2019|
|Paper 4||2nd week of Jun 2019|
|Result declaration||Yet to be announced|
DNB Broad Speciality Courses
- Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy
- Family Medicine
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Nuclear Medicine
- Obstetrics And Gynaecology
- Radio Diagnosis
- Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine
- Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Immunohematology & Trans Fusion Medicine
DNB Final 2019 Selection Procedure
The DNB final examination will be an examination conducted in two stages.
Theory Exam: The first stage will be the theory examination and the second stage will be the practical examination. The candidates who will pass the theory examination by securing at least 50% in the aggregate of papers will qualify for the next stage.
Practical: Qualified (in theory) candidates can appear in practical. The candidates who will fail in the practical examination will be given two more chances to pass the examination. These two attempts must be any two of the exams placed. Please note that absentation from the practical examination will be counted as an attempted.
DNB Final 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Following the eligibility criteria for the candidates who are applying for DNB Final examination:
- The candidates who have gone for training as a DNB trainee at any of the Institute accredited by the National Board of Examinations or any other medical college/university which is recognized after being registered by the NBE as a DNB trainee. Also, they are completing their training before November 30.
- They will have to submit the Training Completion Certificate with the application forms.
- The ex-candidates will have to submit the copy of the training completion certificate.
- The candidates must have a post-graduate degree from the Indian Universities which must be recognized by the Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
- The MD/MS degree is awarded to the candidates on or before April 30, 2019.
- The candidates have to submit the proof of the MD/Ms degree at the time of submission of the application form.
Post Diploma Candidates
- The candidates who are completing their training by November 30, and are registered by the NBE.
- They have to submit the training certificate at the time of submission of the application form.
DNB Final 2019 Exam Pattern
Following is the detailed exam pattern for both the theory and practical examination DNB Final 2019:
- There will be a total of 4 papers and they will be conducted on separate days.
- Each paper is of 100 marks.
- There will be 10 short notes of 10 marks in each of the papers.
- The duration of the examination is 3 hours
- The candidates have to score at least 50% in the aggregate of 4 papers so that they qualify for the next stage that is the practical examination.
- Up to 2% grace marks will be given to the candidates who are failing in the examination.
- There will be no grace marks given for the MCQ based papers. The fourth paper for General Medicine, Paediatrics and Family Medicine will have MCQ based questions. There will be 200 questions and each will carry 0.5 marks. The maximum marks will be 100.
- Maximum marks will be 300.
- This examination will include both clinical examination and viva.
- To qualify the practical examination, the candidates must secure 50% marks.
- No grace marks will be given in this examination.
- Absentation from the practical examination will be counted as an attempt in the examination.
- Candidates must appear in the first practical examination.
DNB Final 2019 How to Prepare
Here are some helpful tips that will help you in preparing the examination:
- Before starting to prepare for the exam, you should first go through the syllabus and exam pattern of the examination. Then find out which topics are important and which are not and study accordingly.
- If there are many terms and definitions that you have to learn then you can use flashcards. One a piece of paper on one side, write a term and on the other side, write it’s meaning or definition.
- Keep switching from subject to subject so that you don’t get bored.
- Do not forget to take breaks in between the long hours of studying. Study for 2 hours then take a 30 minute break in which you can go out, have a snack or just take a nap.
DNB Final 2019 Application Form
The candidates have to go to the official website of NBE and download the application form 1 and 2. They have to fill in the documents and submit it with the necessary documents before the date of the cutoff.
The candidates also have to submit the photocopies of certificates and Pay in Slip with the application form. All the documents along with the application form have to be submitted to the NBE office. The candidates also have to submit the self-attested copy of registration letter and number which will be issued by the NBE. Following are the list of documents are to be submitted (in photocopy) at the office :
- Pay in Slip
- Application Form 1
- Application Form 2
- MD/MS degree certificate (Only for the MD/MS pass candidates)
- DNB training completion certificate
- Documents supporting registration with NBE
- Documents supporting postgraduate qualification
- Copies of other relevant documents
DNB Final 2019 Admit Card
The admit cards for DNB Final 2019 will be uploaded on the website. It will be available to the candidates 7 days before the examination. The candidates have filled the application form and have chosen the test city will be issued the admit cards.
When the admit card is issued, the candidates have to download and print the admit card. They have to paste their latest passport size photograph at the space provided. The admit card has to be in the examination hall with an id proof. Anyone of the following id proof has to be brought in original in the examination hall:
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar Card
DNB Final 2019 Test Centers
The test centers are the locations where the examination will be held. Following is the test center of last year:
|Test Center||Center Code|
- The candidates will get the option to choose the test center at the time of filling the application form.
- The test center will be allotted to the candidate on first cum first serve basis.
- No change of test centers will be made once it has been allotted to the candidates.
- In case if the test center which is chosen by the candidates is not available due to any reasons, a new test center will be allotted to the candidates by NBE.
DNB Final 2019 Result
The result of DNB Final examinations are declared as pass or fail. The candidates who will be provisionally eligible on the date of result declaration will be given the result after his/her status becomes eligible. The final practical result will not be declared if the candidate has not submitted the training certificate.
The candidates who will pass the theory examination will be sent a letter or an email about the practical examination details. The candidates who will pass the practical examination will be sent the provisional certificate of passing the DNB examination.
Please note that there will be no re-evaluation or recheck of the question paper.
DNB Final 2019 Counselling
The DNB Final 2019 counseling will take place after the result have been declared. There will be centralized merit-based counseling. The candidates who are eligible for counseling will have to do the choice of filling on the official website. They also have to pay counseling fee without which they will not be allowed to attend the counseling procedure. The candidates who will be allotted seats will have to report to the allotted institute/college The candidates who did not get allotted will participate in the second round of counseling. The same procedure will be repeated. The candidates who will not get allotted in the second round will then have to attend the third round. There will be no fee for the second and third round of counseling.
Information regarding Counseling
- The candidates who will be appearing for the first time in the in-person counseling have to bring self-certified documents at the time of document verification.
- The further round of counseling will depend on the number of seats available.
- The candidates can do the choice filling for counseling on the official website also.
Insofar, official details of DNB Final 2019 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as NBE releases new DNB Final 2019 information brochure, details will be updated here.
For the DNB Final 2018 information brochure, click here.