DNB CET SS 2019 has been scrapped. It has been announced via a notification dated September 8, 2018 by NBE (National Board of Examinations). As per notice, Diplomate of National Board (DNB) Centralized Entrance Test – Super Specialty (CET SS) 2019 will not be conducted. Instead, NEET SS 2019 scores will be used for admission to DNB Super Specialty Courses.
The NBE is established by the Indian Government for the purpose of bringing quality to the field of medical education. At present, NBE conducts various postgraduate and postdoctoral examinations.
More Medical Entrance Exams 2019 You Can Appear In, After Medical Post Graduation
DNB CET SS 2019
As mentioned above, there will not be DNB CET SS 2019. It was expected to be conducted for admission to various courses like Cardiology, Paediatric Surgery, Urology, Neonatology, Medical Genetics, Cardiac Anesthesia, Peripheral Vascular Surgery etc.
Things that would have been, if DNB CET SS 2019 was conducted, are given below this line. Candidates can only go through it to get an idea of what could have been, and not what is. This information is preserved for archive purposes only.
Archive Information – Stands Invalid
The candidates are required to go through the important dates regarding admissions:
|DNB CET SS 2019||Dates (Expected)|
|Application form availability||1st week of Nov 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form||4th week of Nov 2018|
|Admit Card availability||2nd week of Dec 2018|
|DNB CET SS Exam Date||3rd week of Dec 2018|
|Cut off date for completion of DNB/MD/MS qualification||3rd week of Dec 2019|
|Declaration of Results||3rd week of Jan 2019|
For the Surgical, Medical and Pediatric group, a merit list will be prepared from the performance of the candidates appearing for that group.
The candidates who have DNB/MS qualification in Obstetrics and Gynaecology will appear in the NBE FET. The paper will have 100 questions. The marks obtained will be scaled to 180 and a common merit list will be prepared. On the basis of the marks obtained, the candidates will be selected for the course.
DNB CET SS 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Following is the eligibility criteria for the candidates who want to get admission to the CNB CET courses:
- The candidates who are applying must have a post graduate medical degree.
- The medical qualifications must be recognized as per the Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
- The candidates must have completed their training of 3 years by December 31.
Important Instructions regarding Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates should have a permanent registration certificate of MBBS which should be registered with the Medical Council of India.
- The candidates who will be found ineligible at any stage of the admission process will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
- The candidates who are yet to appear for their medical qualification or are yet to get the results are not eligible to apply.
- Those who are pursuing DM.MCh pr DNB course is not eligible to appear for the examination.
- Registration with MCI or State Medical Council is necessary and the candidate must bring the documented proof at the time of counseling.
DNB CET SS 2019 Exam Pattern
The DNB CET 2019 exam will be held in online mode. Following is the marking scheme
and information regarding the question paper:
- The question will consist of 180 multiple choice questions.
- The duration of the examination is 3 hours.
- There will be 2 sections in the question paper and both the sections will be separately timed.
- The duration of the first section is 180 minutes.
- The section which consists of 30 questions of Medical Genetics for those candidates only who want to pursue DNB Medical Genetics.
- The questions will be of Post Graduate Exit Level Examination.
- The questions will cover topics such as applied basic sciences, clinical practice, and recent advances.
- The candidates with DNB/MD qualification in General Medicine or Pediatrics will have to attempt 30 extra questions of Medical Genetics in addition to the 180 questions.
- There will be a common question paper for all Medical Super Specialities.
- There will be a common paper for all Surgical Super Specialities.
- There will be a common question paper for all Pediatric Super Specialities.
|Correct Response||4 marks will be added|
|Incorrect Response||1 mark will be deducted|
|Unattempted Question||Zero marks will be deducted.|
DNB CET SS 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for DNB CET SS 2019 will be as per the concerned super-specialty course.
How to Prepare
Here are some helpful tips which the candidates can follow to prepare for the examinations:
- Do not study only one subject per day as it may become boring. You should study more than one subject for a change.
- Read all the concepts and try to write it in your own words. Then read and match with the text which you had studied from to check what things you missed.
- Set up a target of studying. When you achieve the target, you can reward yourself by eating a snack or watching a movie etc.
- Before starting to prepare for the exam, you should first go through the syllabus and exam pattern of the examination. Then find out which topics are important and which are not and study accordingly.
DNB CET SS 2019 Application Form
The DNB CET SS 2019 application form will be available on the official website in online mode only. The application forms that will be submitted through offline mode will be rejected by the NBE. The candidates must go through the prospectus before submitting the application form. The submission of the application form must be done by the prescribed cut off date. The candidates must note that once the application form is submitted there will be no option for re-registration. In application form, the candidates have to fill information like name, address, email address, father’s name, date of birth, qualification.
After providing the information, they have to upload some documents so the candidates must keep them ready at the time of registration. Following are the list of documents:
- Thumb Impressions
Acknowledgment of Application Form Submission
After the candidate submits his/her application form, he/she will get an acknowledgment of the application form which is a confirmation message notifying that the application form submitted by the candidate has been successfully submitted. The acknowledgment will be sent to the candidate by email.
The candidates who enter false information in the application will be disqualified from appearing in the examination.
The candidate has to pay the examination fee to be able to appear in the examination. He or she can do the payment by Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking. Allotment of Seats by Personal Appearance The examination fees will not be refunded if the candidate does not appear in the examination or when his or her candidature gets canceled. Last year the examination fee amount was Rs. 4500.
DNB CET SS 2019 Admit Card
The admit cards will be issued to the candidates after the test centers have been allotted to them. The candidate will be able to choose the test center at the time of filling the application forms. The admit cards will have information such as the name of the candidates, the test center allotted, date and time of the examination and roll number assigned. The admit card will be issued to the candidates 4 days before the date of the examination. They will be informed about the issuing of admit card through SMS and an email. The admit cards will be available for download from the official website by entering the login credentials by the candidate. Once the admit card is generated, the candidates must print it and paste a passport size photograph on the space provided.
DNB CET 2019 Test Centers
The exam will be conducted in various cities. Last year the total number of test centers were 21 and they were the following:
|Sr no.||Test Center||Sr no.||Test Center|
Important Information Regarding the Test Centers:
- The candidates must arrive at their test centers on time. They must familiarize themselves with the venue so that on the day of the examination, they don’t arrive late.
- candidates have to bring the following documents on the day of the examination.
>Admit Card with passport size photograph pasted on it.
>Photocopy of Permanent or Provisional SMC/MCI.
>Any of the following photo IDs: PAN Card, Driving License, Voter ID, Passport, Aadhar card.
- If a candidate comes with an e-Aadhar card, then it must be a good quality print out and the photograph on it must be clear.
DNB CET SS 2019 Result
The candidates who will appear in the test will be given merit position based on the marks scored by them.
For the Medical, Surgical and Pediatric group, the merit will be decided based on their performance in the examination. The paper for this group will be common for all.
For the purpose of medical genetics, a separate merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained by them in the question paper.
The candidates who have DNB/MS qualification in Obstetrics & Gynaecology will appear in the NBE FET. Their marks obtained in Obstetrics and Gynaecology component will be scaled to 180. A common merit list will be prepared.
Validity of Result
The result that will be announced will be valid only for this session i.e January 2019 admissions. This result cannot be carried forward for the next session admission.
Declaration of Result
The result will be declared on the official website. The result will be a marksheet cum result certificate which will be available on the official website.
DNB CET SS 2019 Counseling
The candidates who will qualify the CET will be eligible for counseling. The candidates who are pursuing the DM/MCh course can join the DNB seat only after they resign from the course. The seat allotment letter will be issued to the candidate by the NBE only after he or she has been relieved from the institution. If at any stage, the candidate is found ineligible, his/her candidature will be canceled.
The candidates can also exercise his or her options for participation in another round of counseling. The candidates do not have to go to the NBE office for opting out the further round of counseling. They can access the NBE website to opt out the further round of counseling.
The candidates who are absent or do not participate in any of his scheduled counseling rounds will not be eligible for the further round of counseling.
|Round 1||Candidates qualified in DNB CET SS and fulfill the eligibility criteria can participate in the first round of counseling.|
|Round 2||Candidates who participated in the first round of counseling are eligible for second round of counseling in order of merit.|
|Round 3||Candidates who participated in the second round of counseling are eligible for second round of counseling in order of merit.|
The candidates will be able to download the rank letter for participation from NBE official website.
The candidates have to deposit a counseling fee of amount Rs. 2500 in favor of the National Board of Examinations on the day of counseling itself. It is mandatory to pay the counseling fee otherwise, the candidate will not be allowed to participate in counseling.
The fee will not be refunded under any circumstances after the payment.
Documents to be brought at the time of counseling:
- Rank Letter
- The relevant document to resolve the tie-breaking criteria.
- MBBS Degree certificate.
- DNB, MD/MS Degree certificate/Provisional Pass Certificate.
- Permanent Registration certificate issued by MCI/State Medical Council
for registration of MBBS qualification.
- Matriculation/High School/Higher Secondary Certificate as a proof of Date of Birth.
- Proof of declaration of result of qualifying Post-Graduate Medical Qualification (MD/MS/DNB) on or before 31 of December 2018.
- Proof of training completion of qualifying Post-Graduate Medical Qualification (MD/MS/DNB) on or before 31 of December 2017.
- Matriculation/High School/Higher Secondary Certificate as a proof of Date
- Any document confirming the name of the institution/medical college from where the MD/MS qualification was pursued.
- Any other relevant certificate or document.
The candidates have to bring original as well as self-certified photocopies of the documents mentioned above.
Seat Allotment Information
- The seats will be allotted to the candidates only through personal appearance. They will be called in batches in the merit order.
- The candidates can excercise his/her option for participation in the further round of counseling the official website. They need not appear for counseling in-person in the NBE office.
- The candidates who do not attend or participate in the counseling process will not be eligible for the participation in further rounds.
- The candidates who are opting for confirmed seats are not eligible to participate in the further rounds of counseling.
- The counseling will be done purely on the basis of merit list.
- The candidates must bring the rank letter along with other prescribed documents at the time of counseling.
Medical Entrance Exams 2019