NBE has published the DNB CET SS 2018 Rank Letter for January 2018 Admission Session. The Rank Letter is published online and the candidates can check it by entering their Roll Number and Date of Birth. The candidates can easily download their rank letter by accessing the link which has been given on this page. The allotment of DNB CET SS 2018 Merit is done on the basis of score secured in CET. However, for DNB/MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology group the marks in NBE FET will also be considered. Check DNB CET SS 2018 Result and more details from this page.
DNB CET SS 2018 Result
Candidates should note that the validity of DNB CET SS Result is only for one year. Hence, on the basis of it, candidates cannot get admission in next session. Check important dates for the result of DNB CET SS 2018 from the table below.
|Candidates will appear for DNB CET SS 2018 on||21 Dec 2017|
|Cutoff Date for completing DNB / MD / MS||31 Dec 2017|
|NBE will announce DNB CET SS 2018 Result on||21 Jan 2018|
Rank Letter: Click Here to download the DNB CET SS Jan 2018 Rank Letter.
How To Download DNB CET SS 2018 Rank Letter
Follow the instructions given below to download the rank letter:
- Click on the link which has been given above for downloading the Rank letter.
- Now, enter details such as Roll Number and Date of Birth.
- Submit the details by clicking on “Search” button.
- The rank letter will appear on the screen. Download and take a print out of it.
How DNB CET SS 2018 Merit List is Prepared
Most important component of DNB CET SS Result is the merit list. During the counselling, the seat is allocated on the basis of merit only. The merit of the candidates has been determined as follows:
For Medical, Surgical & Pediatric Group – Marks secured by the candidates in 180 MCQs will be considered for merit allocation.
For Medical Genetics Group – For the candidates, this group, the marks secured in 180 MCQ and 30 question on medical genetics will be considered for merit allocation.
For DNB/MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology – Candidates, who belong to this category will be allocated rank on the basis of marks secured in DNB CET SS as well as NBE FET. Firstly, the marks secured in 100 questions of FET will be normalized with that of 180 questions of CET. Then the normalized marks will be added with marks secured in 30 question of FET. When it is done, on the basis of the added marks the merit will be allocated.
How to Check DNB CET SS Result 2018
The procedure to check the result of DNB CET SS is very simple and is as follows:
- Click on the link provided above. It will lead you to a window as shown below:
- Enter Roll Number and Date of Birth in the provided place.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Check and download the result.
It is advised that after checking the result, the candidates should download and save a copy of it.
Tie Breaking while Calculating DNB CET SS 2018 Result
Many a time while estimating the result, NBE faces the issue of the tie between two or more candidates. In that case, the Board follows the following procedure to break the tie:
- The first measure to break the tie is to check the number of correct responses. The candidates having the more correct responses will be allocated higher rank.
- If the tie does not break even after that, then the eligible candidates who will possess Post Graduate Medical Qualification certificate by NBE / Royal College of Various Disciplines / America Board of Various Discipline / Royal Colleges of Various Disciplines Canada or Australia, will be allocated higher rank.
- Failing the above, the marks obtained in the Post Graduate Exit Examination will be considered. The higher the marks, the higher will be the rank allocated.
Even after all of the measures above, if the tie still prevails then the Board will consider the following:
- It will allocate the higher rank to the candidates who qualified MBBS professional exam in the first attempt.
- The candidates with the higher aggregate percentage in MBBS professional exam will be placed on higher merit.
- Candidate with the higher aggregate percentage in 3rd year MBBS professional exam (part I and II) will be allotted higher rank.
- The one having the higher percentage in 2nd MBBS professional exam shall be given higher merit.
- The candidates possessing higher aggregate percentage in the 1st MBBS professional exam will be allotted higher rank.
Note: Even after all of this, the tie is not broken then the age will be considered and the elder candidates will be allocated the higher rank.
Re-Checking and Re-Totaling of DNB CET SS Result 2018
The DNB CET SS result announced by NBE is final. The provision for re-checking and re-totaling will not be provided by the Board.
The result of the candidates will be canceled if their MBBS / MD / MS degree is not recognized, as per the norms of Indian Medical Council Act.