National Board of Examination (NBE) has released the notice regarding the Scrapping of DNB Post MBBS course, only one session (July) 2019. Earlier, the exam was held twice a year January and July session. Form now the admission to DNB Broad Specialty and Post MBBS Direct 6 years super specialty courses will take place only once a year using NEET PG Merit List.
DNB CET 2019 is conducted by NBE. It is a national level entrance exam for admission to DNB programs after MBBS. The NBE was established by the Government of India with the aim of improving the quality of medical education. NBE also conducts many PG and postdoctoral exams. Candidates will be awarded a Diplomate National Board Qualification by the NBE. By this qualification, those candidates become eligible to the post of training/teaching in any hospital institute. The DNB qualifications are of high standards as these are well recognizes for the practice of various medical discipline or super sub specialties area. To know more about DNB CET important dates, application form, admit card, eligibility, check from this page.
Latest: NBE releases the notice regarding the scrapping of the DNB CET June / July session. Check the official notice below.
DNB CET 2019
The DNB CET is an examination is taken to get admission to various PG courses. It also includes the 6-year specialty course of Neuro-Surgery, Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, Pediatric Surgery and Plastic Surgery courses.
Notice regarding Biometric and Certificate Verification of DNB CET January Session
Changes in DNB CET 2019 July Session
National Board of Examination (NBE) has decided that from 2019 onwards there is a single session admission in January. DNB Broad Specialty will take admission on the merit-based counselling utilizing the merit list of NEET PG. There will be an increase in seats in the next session, as no admission will taking place in July. Hence, all the seats of the July session will be carried forward to the January admission session counseling of the next year.
NBE Latest Notice for DNB CET
As per the latest notice, the DNB CET July session will not conduct from the year 2019. From now on, one session a year will take place.
In Continuation of the above notice:
Clarification regarding discontinuation of July Admission Session
DNB CET 2019 Selection Procedure
The candidates who will get a minimum percentile as mentioned in the table below will be qualified in the examination.
DNB CET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who are planning to go appear for the entrance must go through the eligibility criteria given below:
- The candidates must have MBBS degree/Provisional Pass certificate as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
- he or she must have a permanent/provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification which is issued by The Medical Council of India/State Medical Council.
- He or she must have completed a one-year internship/going to complete on or before August 31, 2019.
Important Information Regarding Eligibility
- If at any stage, any candidate is found ineligible for DNB CET, he/she will not be allowed to appear for the examination.
- The candidates who are completing their internship after August 31, 2019, are not eligible to apply for DNB CET.
- The candidates who are already pursuing DNB or DNB Super Speciality courses cannot appear for the examination.
- It is necessary to get registration from MCI/State Medical Council. The documentary proof of registration has to be brought at the time of counseling.
DNB CET 2019 Exam Pattern
The DNB CET 2019 examination will be conducted only in one session and in online mode only. The candidates are required to go through the marking scheme of the examination:
|Correct Response||4 marks awarded|
|Incorrect Response||1 mark will be deducted|
|Unattempted Answers||No negative marking|
- There will be a total of 300 questions and the paper will be divided into Part A and Part B.
- There will be MCQ type of questions in the exam.
- There will be 25% negative marking.
- The candidates will be given an option to mark answers for review. It allows the candidates to go through these answers before the end of the examination.
- The candidates can attempt the mock test which will be available on the official website.
Following is the detailed distribution of questions:
|For Part A|
|For Part B|
|10||SPM, Statistics & Biomedical
|13||Dermatology & STD||6|
|18||Obstetrics & Gynaecology||24|
DNB CET 2019 Syllabus
The questions for the entrance examination will be based on the subjects and knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations which is issued by the Medical Council of India.
DNB CET 2019 How to Prepare?
The candidates who will be preparing for the DNB CET can go through the helpful study tips which are provided below to ace the exams:
- Before starting to prepare for the exam, first go through the syllabus and exam pattern of the examination. Find out which topics are important and which are not or what are the concepts that you are weak in. Then prepare a study plan where you can allot more time to the topics that are weak in.
- When a topic is a little hard to remember, look for the diagrams related to the topic for better understanding. Or read the entire topic then try to understand and convert it into a flowchart or a mix of both content and flowchart.
- If there is difficulty in understanding a particular topic then, you can look it up on the internet. There are many study resources on the internet. You can study from as their language of explanation is very easy to understand.
- If there are many terms and definitions that you have to learn then you can use flashcards. One a piece of paper on side, write a term and on the other side, write it’s meaning or definition. You can carry these small cards and revise them easily wherever you go.
- Do not forget to take breaks in between the long hours of studying. Study for 2 hours then take a 30 minute break in which you can go out, have a snack or just take a nap.
DNB CET 2019 Application Form
The DNB CET 2019 application form will be available on the official website. The candidates have to fill the registration form by logging into the website. Then, they have to enter personal as well as qualification details. Please ensure that the details such as personal details and educational qualification will be considered correct by the NBE and therefore, it will not be changed under any circumstances. Only the following fields in the application form is editable:
- Name of the candidate
- Date of birth
- Mobile Number
- Email Address
- Test Center
- Photograph and signature
Please note that the above-mentioned fields can be changed only before the last date of application form submission.
The candidates have to pay the examination fee to be able to appear for the examination. This fee includes both the examination and information bulletin fee. Last year, the examination fee was Rs. 4500. It can be paid online through debit card/credit card/net banking. The candidates who do not appear for the examination or whose application forms will be rejected, will not get the fee refund.
After the submission and fee payment of the application form, a computer-generated acknowledgment will be sent to the candidate on his/her email id.
DNB CET 2019 Admit Card
The admit card for DNB CET 2019 will be issued to the candidates after they will choose the test center and submit the application form. The admit card will be available to the candidates seven days before the date of the entrance examination. The candidates will be able to get their admit cards by going to the official website and entering the registered email id. When the admit card will be generated, the candidate must download and print it. They also need to paste one latest passport size photograph on the admit card. The photograph should be a minimum of 35×45 mm of size with at least 75% of face and head coverage of the candidate.
The time and test center venue will be given in the admit cards. The candidates must report to the test center on time. They must carry their admit cards and a valid id proof in the examination hall.
DNB CET 2019 Test Center
The DNB CET examination will be conducted in cities. Last year, the test was held in 54 cities which were the following:
|Sr no.||Test Cities||Sr no.||Test Cities||Sr no.||Test Cities|
Important Instructions Regarding Test Centers
- The candidates will be able to choose the test centers at the time of filling the application form.
- The test centers will be allotted to the candidates on first cum first serve basis as well as the availability of that test center.
- The NBE will ensure that the candidate gets the seat that he/she has selected.
- In case if any test center is not available due to logistical, administrative or other reasons, then it will be notified to the candidates.
- No changes will be made after the test centers are allotted.
- The candidates are advised to familiarize themselves with the test center so that on the day of the examination, they don’t arrive late.
DNB CET 2019 Result
The results of the DNB CET 2019 will be declared on the official website. A marksheet cum certificate can be downloaded from the official website. There will be no re-checking or re-evaluation of the answers, scores etc.
The DNB CET result will be valid only for this year of admission. The result will not be carried to the next session.
Tie Breaking Criteria
If two or more candidates get the same scores, then the tie will be broken using the following criteria:
- The candidate who scores less number of incorrect answers will be given the higher position in the merit list.
- If the above criteria do not break the criteria then, the candidate who scores higher in Part B of the question paper will be given a higher position in the merit list.
- If the criteria do not break the tie, then the date of birth of the candidate will be taken into consideration. The candidate is who is older in age will be placed on a higher position.
DNB CET 2019 Counseling
The candidates who will qualify the DNB CET by obtaining the required percentile will be will be eligible for counseling. The detailed guidelines for counseling will be available on the official website. The counseling process is will be mandatory to attend for the candidates who will qualify the examination.
DNB CET 2019 Reservations
The reservation of seats of counselling for the SC/ST/PWD candidates will be provided. They will have to bring some documents at the time of counselling which are listed below:
- The candidates who will be opting for reserved seats under any category must bring the certificate ussed by the competent authority of SC/ST.
- The prescribed format of certificate for candidates for OBC.
Insofar, official details of DNB CET 2019 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as NBE releases new DNB CET 2019 Admission 2019 information brochure, details will be updated here.
For DNB CET 2018 Information Brochure, click here