Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will release NEET Application Form 2018 in January. NEET UG 2018 Online Application Form will be launched at cbseneet.nic.in. Candidates must apply as per instructions laid down by the board. Aadhaar card is a mandatory requirement for form submission, apart from being eligible for NEET exam. Mobile number and email ID entered during registration must be candidate’s own or their parents; all official communications regarding the exam will be sent to these communication points. Applicants can download admit card and appear in exam.
Applicant must carefully enter correct details in the application form of NEET 2018. Get here complete details of NEET Application Form 2018 including preparation for filling up of application form, method of submission of application form, instructions for completing online application form, fee details and last date for submission of application form, particulars to be filled in the online application form, photograph and signature specifications.
NEET Application Form 2018
The first thing that medical aspirants would like to know is that when will NEET application form 2018 be released. Dates on which form is expected to be available and registration will close on, are given below.
|Important event||Expected date|
|CBSE will release NEET UG 2018 Online Application Form in||January 2018, last week|
|Closing of application fee payment facility||March 2018, first week|
|NEET application form 2018 last date||March 2018, first week|
Next thing that needs to be noted is that mode of submitting application form of NEET 2018 will be online only. CBSE has discontinued offline / hard copy of forms since the past few years.
Steps to apply
- Visit official website of NEET UG 2018 (cbseneet.nic.in).
- Locate and click the link to apply online under online services.
- Register by filling in basic details (name, names of parents, category, DOB, Aadhaar number, gender, nationality, email ID, mobile number).
- Registration details including registration ID and password will be generated. Visit cbseneet.nic.in again and login.
- Enter all details asked in the application form of NEET 2018. This includes personal details, educational details, communication details, test center preferences and other examination preferences details. Also upload photograph and signature in specified dimensions.
- Pay application fee.
- Submit NEET Application Form 2018.
- Print confirmation page generated after successful form submission.
To understand registration process better, read registration guide. CBSE will publish NEET 2018 Registration guide either on same day of releasing online application form, or a few days after that. It will contain every step that is involved in applying for the National Eligibility Entrance Test 2018 along with images. A candidate must be thoroughly confident about being able to apply before proceeding to the application form of NEET 2018. If there is any doubt, they should ask an elder person or friend to help them. CBSE is also expected to set up common services centres of facilitation centres for the purpose of letting students from rural areas get help in online application form filling.
In following sections of this article you will get to know about details to be filled in the form.
Candidates have to provide identity details during registration.
|Indian nationals of all states||Aadhaar Card No., Aadhaar Enrolment No. or Registration No. issued by Facilitation Centre|
|Indian Nationals belonging to Andhra Pradesh, Telangana or Jammu & Kashmir||Aadhaar Card No., Aadhaar Enrolment No., Registration No. issued by Facilitation Centre, Ration Card No., Bank Account No., Passport No. or No. of any Other Identity Card issued by Government.|
|Foreigners / OCI / PIO||Passport number|
NEET Application Form 2018 Photograph and Signature Specifications
Based on the size and dimension of images required in the application form last year, expected image specifications for NEET 2018 application form are as follows.
- JPG format
- 10kb to 100kb.
- In running handwriting
- JPG format
- 3kb to 20kb.
NEET Application Form 2018 Fees – Amount, How To Pay
An application fee amount of Rs 1400 has to be remitted by General / OBC candidates, or Rs 750 by SC / ST / PH candidates. This is fee that was applicable in previous year, this year’s fee is yet to be disclosed.
In addition to application fee amount, additional charges as follows may be applicable.
- Service charges as applicable
- Processing charges as applicable
- Service tax as applicable
Highlights of NEET 2018 Application Form
- Candidates must exercise option of question paper medium wisely as it cannot be changed later.
- CBSE will allot test center as per preferences filled by candidate in application form of NEET 2018.
- Those who belong to creamy layer of OBC must select Unreserved.
- Check spellings, aadhaar / number / aadhaar enrolment number / registration number issued by CBSE facilitation number / passport number / ration card number / bank account number / other valid govt. identity card number, date of birth, address, mobile number, e-mail ID before submitting details for NEET 2018 registration.
- If application fee is being paid through debit/credit card then details of it should be kept handy.
- Confirmation page generation confirms correctness and final submission of NEET application form 2018. It is also sent to candidate’s registered email ID.
- Applicant must note down registration number after filling form.
- Application form must be submitted before last date.
- A single NEET application form must be submitted.
NEET Application Form 2018 – Details To Be Filled
- Name as per Aadhaar card
- Date of Birth as per Aadhaar card
- Gender as per Aadhaar card
- Mother’s Name as given in High School Certificate
- Father’s name as given in High School Certificate
- Self Declaration
- Aadhaar Number / Aadhaar Enrolment no. / Registration No. issued by Facilitation Centre / Passport no. / Ration Card No./Bank Account No. / Any other valid Govt. Id. No.
- District of Birth
- Father’s / Guardian’s / Mother’s Occupation
- Father’s / Guardian’s / Mother’s Educational Qualifications
- Father’s / Guardian’s / Mother ’s total annual Income
- Question Paper Language
- Are you the only child of your parents
- Year of Class XII / Equivalent passed / appearing
- Percentage of marks / Grade in class X / Equivalent and XII / Equivalent
- Type of Institution of class XII / Equivalent
- Belonging to Rural / Urban area
- State to which the applicant belongs
- Qualifying examination code
- School Education Board
- Choice of Examination Centre
NEET Application Form 2018 FAQs
Can a student who has studied from an open school apply for NEET 2018?
List of codes of school education boards of class 12, in last year’s brochure of NEET exam mentions following open schools, from which students can apply.
- National Institute of Open Schooling
- Haryana Open School, Bhiwani
- Rajasthan State Open School, Jaipur
- MP State Open School, Bhopal
- Andhra Pradesh Open School Society
- Bihar Board of Open Schooling Examination
- Chhattisgarh State open School
What is the minimum percentage required to appear for NEET exam?
The minimum marks requirement for MBBS/BDS admission is to pass subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and obtain at least 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology. For SC, ST and OBC category marks requirement is 40%. For candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs, minimum of 45% marks for Gen-PH, 40% marks for SC-PH/ ST-PH/OBC-PH are required.
Are NRI students required to have an Aadhaar card?
No, NRI students can apply using Passport number.
How many attempts are allowed?
There will be a maximum of 3 attempts in NEET exam for all candidates.
If I am pursuing class 12 exam in the year 2018, am I eligible to apply?
Yes, students who are appearing in qualifying examination in 2017, whose result is awaited can also appear in CBSE NEET UG 2018. However their admission will be subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria at time of admission.
Can candidates older than 25 years of fill NEET 2018 application form?
Age limit for NEET 2018 exam is a controversial and debated issue. As per the previous year information brochure, age limit set for NEET exam is 25 years for unreserved category students, and there is a relaxation of 5 years for SC, ST, OBC category students. However, there has been much chaos on this matter and the age limit was temporarily removed in the previous year. There are high chances that age limit will be applicable this year. The final verdict in this regard is expected from the government by December.
Common Services Centres / Facilitation Centres
CBSE is likely to set up CSCs in order to provide support to rural region candidates, who need help with NEET UG 2018 Online Application Form. A list of CSCs can be seen at csc.gov.in website. Charges are applicable to avail CSC services.
|Preparing email, submission of application form, printout||Rs 25|
|Online fee payment||0.5% of transaction|
|Downloading of admit card / OMR / answer key||10|
|Online claim for responses / key||25|
|Prinout per page||5|
Plus taxes if applicable.
CBSE is yet to release official details of NEET Application Form 2018. Information on this page is as per last year National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. As soon as CBSE NEET UG 2018 information brochure is released, details will be updated here.