Best Books To Prepare For AIIMS PG 2019 – AIIMS PG is considered as one of the toughest exams to crack by many aspiring doctors. AIIMS PG 2019 Exam is conducted for admissions to the postgraduate courses across all the AIIMS Campus. The postgraduate courses include Master of Surgery (MS), Doctor of Medicine (MD) and Master of Dental Surgery (MDS). It is conducted twice in a year. Seeing the toughness level of the exam, it becomes crucial that those who want to appear for this exam have the best set of books so that they perform well in the exam and secure good rank.
Those who are preparing for AIIMS PG 2019 must have a look at Best Books To Prepare For AIIMS PG 2019. Apart from the books, we will also provide the exam pattern, preparation tips from toppers of this exam so that the candidates can prepare their level best for the exam.
Best Books To Prepare For AIIMS PG 2019
Books are considered as one of the greatest things a person can possess. It gives knowledge to whoever is reading that book. And if the book is useful from the competitive exam perspective, the luck is on your side buddy! Have a look at this article to know all about it.
AIIMS PG 2019 Exam Pattern
AIIMS PG 2019 Exam is conducted for admissions to the postgraduate courses across AIIMS. The exam is in online mode. Candidates who appear for this exam have to answer 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) type in 3 hours for MD/MS MDS courses.
The total marks of the paper are 200 for MD/MS courses. For every correct answer, the candidate will be awarded 1 mark and for every wrong answer, 0.33 marks will be deducted. This information is according to AIIMS PG Exam Pattern of last exam that was conducted. Candidates can expect the pattern to remain same.
AIIMS PG 2019 Important Books
Now that we know about the AIIMS PG 2019 Exam Pattern, what next? Yes, the major thing, “Which books should I study from?”. From our board days, we have relied on books for preparation of our exams. AIIMS PG 2019 exams also demand the same. If the candidate has a good set of books with them, they will be able to perform in a much better manner and score well in the exam.
We are providing here the list of all the important books which must be read by the aspirants who are planning to appear for the AIIMS PG 2019. These have been suggested by the toppers of the exam and can be used for studying purpose. Have a look.
|Name of the Book||Link to Buy||Subject (Theory)|
|Handbook of General Anatomy by BD Chaurasia||Click Here to Buy||Anatomy|
A Laboratory Course in Plant Physiology by William Francis Ganong
|Click Here to Buy||Physiology|
|Harpers Illustrated Biochemistry by Rodwell||Click Here to Buy||Biochemistry|
|Textbook of Microbiology by CP Baveja||Click Here to Buy||Microbiology|
|Essentials of Medical Pharmacology by KD Tripathi||Click Here to Buy||Pharmacology|
|Review of Forensic Medicine by Sumit Seth||Click Here to Buy||Forensic Medicine|
|Diseases of Ear, Nose and throat & Head and Neck Surgery by PL Dhingra and Shruti Dhingra||Click Here to Buy||ENT|
|Review of Ophthalmology 6th Edition by Ruchi Rai||Click Here to Buy||Ophthalmology|
|Harrison’s Principles Of Internal Medicine- by Dennis Kasper et al and Dan L. Longo||Click Here to Buy||Medicine|
Bailey & Love’s Short Practice of Surgery, (set volume 1 & 2) by Norman Williams, P Ronan O Connell, Andrew McCaskie
|Click Here to Buy||Surgery|
Essential Orthopaedics (Including Clinical Methods) by Maheshwari
|Click Here to Buy||Orthopaedics|
Ghai Essential Pediatrics by Vinod K Paul
|Click Here to Buy||Paediatrics|
Short Textbook Of Anaesthesia 5 by Yadav
|Click Here to Buy||Anaesthesia|
|Important Books||Link to Buy|
|AIIMS PGMEE SOLUTIONS by Ashish Gupta, Amit Tripathi||Click Here to Buy|
|Orthopaedics Quick review by Apurv Mehra||Click Here to Buy|
|Self Assessment & review Of Paediatrics by Arvind Arora||Click Here to Buy|
|DAMS Review of Radiology-Eighth Edition by Dr Sumer K Sethi||Click Here to Buy|
|Self Assessment & Review Microbiology Immunology Revision at a Glance by Chaurasia||Click Here to Buy|
New Across: A Complete Review of Short Subjects (Set of 3 Volumes) (PGMEE) by Anurag Shukla and Saumya Shukla
|Click Here to Buy|
Review of PHARMACOLOGY by Gobind Rai Garg, Sparsh Gupta
|Click Here to Buy|
SELF ASSESSMENT AND REVIEW OF SHORT SUBJECTS OPHTHALMOLOGY, OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGY (ENT) & ORTHOPAEDICS VOL -II by Arvind Arora
|Click Here to Buy|
Toppers of AIIMS PG Exam have attributed this exam as not so easy. AIIMS Exams, whether UG or PG, has always tricked the aspirants through their conceptual questions which are less factual. The toughness quotient is higher. To be able to tackle these questions, it is necessary that the candidate knows the strategy to prepare for this exam.
We are providing here some tips for preparation of AIIMS PG 2019. These have been used by the toppers of these exams. The candidate knows their best that how to prepare, but they may use these to win this battle of entrance exam. Have a look.
- How many hours should I study?- This entirely depends on you only. You may sit for 11 hours a day just reading a book, but if you are not able to understand the topic itself, then it is waste of time. Depending on the individual, you can give an average of 5-6 hours per day for the study. During few days before the exam, this can be increased.
- The strength of concepts- This is the most important thing which the candidates have to do at any cost. AIIMS tests the aspirant’s conceptual clarity through some tricky questions. If the candidate is not conceptually clear, they won’t be able to attempt the questions. Hence it is important to be conceptually clear.
- Giving Mocks is an important aspect of the preparation. Mocks in the test environment will help the candidates in multiple ways. The candidate will be able to adjust their body clock according to the exam. They can get an idea about the exam pattern and also will be able to get to know the type of questions.
- Aspirant who wishes to study in prestigious AIIMS knows how crucial it is to study all the topics and not to leave anything. More priority should be given to the topics such as PSM, Ophthalmology, Pharmacology and Medicine etc.
- Make a strategy to attempt the paper. Making strategy as to how to attempt the paper on the D-day is an important aspect. But it completely depends on you. You are your own master. No one can do that for you. This would happen only if you give regular mocks.