Assam PG Medical Admission 2018 will be done on the basis of NEET PG scores. The Directorate of Medical Education, Assam, will soon conduct the counselling for MD and MS programmes to fill seats in Assam Medical Colleges. NEET PG qualifying candidates will have to apply for the counselling. After the application process is over, the candidates will be called to state the choices for the course and the college and on the basis of their score, the seat will be allocated.
Assam PG Medical Admission 2018
Application forms for admission in Assam PG medical counselling will be held for admission in the private and government medical and dental colleges. Th application form will only be available in the offline mode. After the application process is completed DME will release Assam PG Medical 2018 Merit List on the basis of which students can appear for the counselling.
Assam PG Medical Admission 2018 Important Dates
Now that the result of NEET PG 2018 has been announced, the DME will soon release the notice for the counselling and admission. Final application date, merit list, and counseling dates will be updated as soon as it will be announced. Important dates related to Assam PG Medical Admission 2018 by DME Assam are as follows:
|Assam PG Medical Admission 2018||Dates|
|Application Form||Feb 2018|
|Merit List Declaration||Apr 2018|
|Assam PG Medical 2018 Counselling||Apr-May, 2018|
Assam PG Medical Application Form 2018
All the applicants who wish to apply for admission in MD/ MS courses in the colleges of Assam must fill in the application form. Below are the complete details he/she needs to look at for applying successfully:
- Application forms are going to be released in the month of March 2018
- All NRI/ OCI applicants can also apply for Assam PG Medical Admission 2018.
- Candidates who wish to apply for the exam can download the application form from official website and send it offline to DME Assam after filling all the details properly.
- Applicant must have all the essential documents required to be sent along with application form.
Assam PG Medical Application Fee 2018
All the candidates are required to fill in the application form and submit the application fee only through offline mode. A copy of paid Bank Challan is also generated along with the application form. Application fee of INR 4800 is charged to all the applicants applying for PG medical admission irrespective of their category.
Documents Required for Assam PG Medical Admission 2018
While sending the application form to the address said by the DME, Assam applicants need to send following documents for consideration of application:
- Completely filled application form with signature on the specified areas
- Attached Photograph
- Print out of last qualifying exam mark sheets
- Bank Challan Copy
Apply: Candidates seeking Assam PG Medical 2018 Admission can register when form is available at official website: dmeassam.gov.in.
Assam PG Medical Admission 2018 Eligibility Criteria
DME has set their own eligibility criteria for Assam PG Medical Admission and candidates need to satisfy it all in order to receive admission. Check the criteria from below:
- Candidate must have given NEET PG 2018 exam
- Candidates belonging to general category must secure at least 50% marks in NEET PG 2018
- Applicants who have passed UG from any recognized university is also eligible to appear for Assam PG Medical Admission 2018
- Applying candidate must have completed the compulsory internship before starting of the academic session
- Candidate must be registered with State Medical Council or MCI
- Candidate belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC category must secure minimum of 40% marks and PWD candidates must secure minimum of 45%
- Assam PG Medical Merit list 2018 will be prepared after awarding 3% additional marks and candidates whose name appears in 1-600 in the merit list are only eligible for counseling.
- Candidates from State Health Service quota appearing for counseling must bring the original letter issued by Joint Director of Health Services, Assam.
- An applicant attending the counseling must be able to present Permanent Registration Certificate and other relevant documents as per the provision of admission rules.
- Candidate in Government Service must get a release order within 15 days of admission otherwise his/ her admission will stand canceled.
Assam PG Medical Merit List 2018
The merit list of Assam PG Medical 2018 will be released in the month of April 2018. Here are important information related to merit list:
- Assam PG Medical 2018 Merit List contains information of candidates which includes name, date of birth, percentile, and AIR (All India Rank).
- Institute of Medical Sciences, Varanasi, Assam will be admitting candidates for the admission in 67 MD and MS courses on the basis of NEET PG 2018 scores.
- Only those candidates will be eligible to appear for the counselling whose name appears in the merit list of Assam PG Medical 2018.
- Offline counselling will be conducted as per the schedule which is allotted to the candidate.
- No individual information will be sent to the candidates whose names appear in the merit list.
Merit List: Click Here to check the Assam PG Medical 2018 Merit List.
Assam PG Medical Admission 2018 Counselling Process
Counselling for Assam PG Medical Admission 2018 will take place in offline mode only and the candidates will have to visit the respective colleges to attend the counselling. Candidates whose names appear in the merit list will only be entertained and considered. Call for counselling will be on the basis of rank obtained by the applicant. Allotment of seat will take place in Assam PG Medical seat for MD and MS programmes. Admission will also depend on availability of seats and the preference of applicant. Since the counseling will be conducted in 3 rounds. All the remaining candidates from 1st counseling list will be called for 2nd counselling process and seat allotment and same is the procedure for 3rd counseling.
Specific dates will be mentioned for the candidates whose names appear in the merit list of Assam PG Admission 2018. Given below is the detailed information of counseling process
(i) Candidates whose merit serial number is from 1 to 200 are required to attend physical counseling on the first day. After verification of all the documents, he/ she must get admission immediately. In case counseling process is not completed on 1st day, remaining candidates must appear on a subsequent day.
(ii) Applicants whose merit serial number is between 201-400 must attend the counseling on second day. Admission will be done on the basis of availability of seats and preference of candidate in application form.
(iii) Candidates, whose name appear in the merit list of serial number 401-600 after awarding 3% additional marks have to appear for counseling on the third day. Admission, however, will be done on the basis of seat availability.
Number of Seats for Assam PG Medical Admission 2018
There are a total of 282 seats available. These seats will be filled only through counselling of Assam PG Medical Admission 2018.
Details of availability of seats can be seen in the table below:
|Name of College||Seats|
|Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh||110|
|Guwahati Medical College, Guwahati||131|
|Silchar Medical College, Silchar||41|
All the information provided above is on the basis of Assam PG Medical Admission 2017. As soon as the announcement from DME, Assam is made the page will be updated.