Army College of Medical Sciences [ACMS], New Delhi is one of the most eminent medical college across India. It has graded A by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. ACMS has developed in 2008 under the Army Welfare Education Society. Army College of Medical Sciences [ACMS] has established with the aim of providing the quality education in the field of Medical for the ones serving our nation as well as retired from the Indian army. Army College of Medical Sciences [ACMS] provides the admission to those who pursued the undergraduate program in medical sciences. GGSIU itself holds the responsibilities for the admissions in college. Know here more such as fee structure, courses and number of seats offered, admission process, eligibility criteria, etc in detail. So, let’s read out one by one.
Army College of Medical Sciences [ACMS], New Delhi
Army College of Medical Sciences [ACMS] is among the top 25 medical colleges of India. If we talk about its capacity then annually one hundred students took admissions in the courses provided. It has the three departments namely pre-clinical, para-clinical and clinical. Army College of Medical Sciences [ACMS] headquarter situated near Base Hospital Delhi Cantt, New Delhi. In August 2008, the first batch of 56 students has admitted in the college. ACMS not only involved in the academics but also performing excel in the sports and cultural events.
|Affiliation and Type||Guru Gobind Singh University|
|Area||Capacity of one hundred students per year|
|Location||Base Hospital Delhi Cantt, New Delhi|
Courses Offered and Seat Distribution At ACMS
Army College of Medical Sciences provides the MBBS course of the duration of 4 years. The aspirants who have done their graduation in the field of the medical science are only eligible for attaining the admission in the course provided by ACMS. On the other hand, if we consider the intake capacity of the college. Then ACMS provided the admissions to the 100 undergraduate students every year. Coming to the seat distribution of ACMS then the seat distribution is done as per the policy of the Govt of NCT of Delhi. Also, the seats are allotted on the basis of the rank obtained in NEET- UG entrance test.
|Courses Offered||MBBS Programme|
Departments In Army College of Medical Science
ACMS provided the three departments grouped as preclinical, paraclinical and the clinical. Now, let’s explore them what exactly these departments about.
Pre Clinical: department consists of Anatomy, physiology, and biochemistry.
Para Clinical: is the department of forensic medicine and toxicology, pharmacology, pathology and community medicine.
Clinical: department comprises anesthesia, otorhinolaryngology, dermatology, medicine obstetrics, and gynecology, ophthalmology, paediatric, radiology and surgery respiratory medicine.
Admission Process of Army College of Medical Sciences [ACMS]
Here we are with the most important factor i.e the admission procedure in ACMS. As all the aspirants who aspire to attain the admission in ACMS need to have a knowledge of the procedure followed by the college. Army Medical college of medical sciences considers the admission of any individual on the basis of the marks obtained in the NEET entrance test organized by the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIP). The seats alloted to the students on the basis of NEET merit list only. So, for attaining the admission in the MBBS programme of ACMS, rank in NEET play its major role. Apart from this, the ACMS admission procedure also sets the eligibility criteria. So, let’s check it out given in the next section.
Eligibility Criteria of Army College Of Medical Sciences [ACMS]
For obtaining the admission in the MBBS programme Army Medical College of Medical Sciences [ACMS] ask for the minimum criteria which must be fulfilled by each and every individual. As per the eligibility criteria of ACMS, each one must possess the following requirements.
- Education: 10+2 with physics, chemistry, biology and english individually with minimum 50% marks in case of general category. While for SC/ ST category 40% marks and OBC category required 45% marks. This total percentage of the marks will be taken together in physics. chemistry and biology.
- Age Limit: Every individual who is applying for the admission in the ACMS must have the age of 17 years and above as on 31st December of the year of Admission.
What is the fee of course? It is the most asked question asked by all those who aspire to take admission in the college. So, check out the course fee of ACMS. MBBS programme is of the duration of 4 and 1/2 years. At the time of the admission, the provisional fee to be asked is Rs. 3.6 lakh. But at the same time, the fee is under the process of revision with the State Fee Regulatory Committee. So, the amount at the end will become between 5 lakh to 5.5 lakh. Now, let’s see the distribution of the Fee including the other charges to be applied.
|College Tuition Fee||Rs. 3,32,500/-|
|Security Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 15,000/-|
|University Examination Fee||Rs. 15,000/-|
|Student Activity Fee||Rs. 1,000/-|
|Student Alumni Association||Rs. 5,000/-|
|Security Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 30,000/-|
|Hostel Infrastructure Development Charges||Rs. 19,500/-|
|Advance for three months for a hostel||Rs. 11,100/-|
|For meals (payments made directly to the cater)||Rs. 110/- per day|
Mode of payment: All the desired candidates are required to make the payment either through offline or online.
- Offline Mode: Through this, you need to make the payment through the demand draft. Required to carry the two demand drafts one in the favor of College Fund Account, ACMS and the other in the favor of Hostel Fund Account, ACMS.
- Online Mode: Through this, you need to make the payment online through Net banking/RTGS/NEFT.
This information is based on the brochure of academic session 2018-19. There may be variation in the fee structure for the next upcoming year.
Army College of Medical Sciences [ACMS], Counseling Procedure
Do you know the counseling procedure of ACMS? So, through this section, we are going to throw some light over the counseling procedure of ACMS as well as the documents required for the same. After fulling the all the requirements the candidates called for the counseling. On the basis of the marks or the overall rank in the NEET entrance test, the seats allotted as per the desired course. Furthermore, you need to carry the following documents as well in the form of the original one along with attested photocopy of all.
- Photocopy of NEET Admit Card.
- Admission receipt received from GGSIPU at the time of counseling
- All original mark sheets of the qualifying examination.
- Proof of date of birth (secondary school certificate issued by the Board/University).
- Certificate as well as mark sheet of the qualifying examination issued by the Board/University from which he/she passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Migration certificate
- Conduct and character certificate from the head of the institution from where the qualifying examination passed or from a Gazetted Officer.
- SC/ST certificate (if applicable)
- Original & photocopy of PPO, service record/discharge book, identity card ( in original only) serving certificate and dependent/ECHS card.
- 12 passport size and 04 stamp size photographs
Medical Examination For Selected Students
After the completion of the counseling procedure, all the selected students required to face the last stage of the admission i.e the medical examination. Medical Board of the college has taken this examination. At the same time, all those who will get the certificate of medically fit by the board are only get admission in the college. On the other hand, if found unfit then his/ her admission process get cancel.
Placements in Army College of Medical Sciences
What will be future after passing out from the ACMS? Why did it consider to be among the top 25 colleges across India? So, read out and know the reason hidden behind. After the completion of the of 4 and 1/2 years of MBBS, the college provides the placements in the top of the MNC’s. If we consider the previous year data then this came to know that ACMS provided the placements in the various healthcare companies in India as well as abroad. ACMS has collaborated with some of the common healthcare organizations listed below.
√ Apollo Healthcare
√ Reddy Healthcare
√ Max Healthcare etc.
Furthermore, ACM S provides the internships and the job experience in the clinical clerkships, scientific projects etc. This is how ACMS brings the best for their students. Career opportunities in ACMS are in large number. You will learn and also get the experience of implementing it.
Rules and Regulations of ACMS
Army College of Medical Sciences follows some of the rules which are applicable to all those who admitted in ACMS. So, if you are going for ACMS then have a look at the points described below.
- The hostel is compulsory for the fresher students. However, from the next year, it becomes optional.
- Two or four-wheelers are not allowed to keep inside the hostel.
- In the entire semester, the fee will be charged annually i.e for 2 semesters each. But for the last semester i.e 9th 50% fee of the annual will be charged.
- Students are also required to bring the soft copy of their original documents along with them on the day of reporting to upload them on the college website.
Official Website: acms.in