AIIMS PG 2019 – AIIMS PG 2019 is the medical entrance exam for admission to MD, MS, MCh (6 years), DM (6 years), MDS in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Raipur, Rishikesh. AIIMS PG entrance exam takes place twice a year. AIIMS PG 2019 refers to the entrance exam for admission to January 2019 session. Exam is scheduled to be held on November 18, 2018. Those preparing for AIIMS PG 2019 must read this page about AIIMS PG 2019 Exam. This page will give information about the application process, admit card, eligibility criteria, result etc. Scroll further to know more.
AIIMS PG 2019
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is one of the most sought-after colleges for postgraduate courses. The application process for this exam is done online. The candidates have to fill the form to be eligible for further processes. The admit card of AIIMS PG 2019 shall be released online only for those who completed the application process on time. AIIMS PG 2019 Exam shall be conducted in online mode. The result of AIIMS PG 2019 will determine whether the candidate gets admission or not.
Thousands of students aspire to study their postgraduation from AIIMS. It is one of the most coveted medical colleges for all the aspirants. Hence the candidates must prepare well for this exam, as the selection in this institute will be the best thing for the candidate. Read further to know all the important things about the exam.
AIIMS PG 2019 Exam Date And Other Important Dates
All India Institute of Medical Sciences has already announced some key dates of AIIMS PG 2019. They are as follows.
|AIIMS PG 2019||Dates|
|AIIMS PG 2019 (MD / MS / MCh 6 yrs / DM 6 yrs / MDS) Jan Session Exam||18 Nov 2018|
|AIIMS PG 2019 Result||23 Nov 2018|
|1st counselling||06 Dec 2018|
|2nd counselling||14 Dec 2018|
|Open selection||22 Feb 2018|
AIIMS PG 2019 Exam Pattern
The entrance exam will be held as computer based test. Key things to know about its exam pattern are as follows:
Timings: 3 hours (for MD/MS entrance exam), 1.5 hours (for MDS entrance exam).
Questions: There will be 200 multiple choice questions (for MD/MS entrance exam) and 90 multiple choice questions (for MDS entrance exam).
Language: All questions will be in English language.
AIIMS PG 2019 Syllabus: All questions in AIIMS MD/MS 2019 Entrance Exam will be from subjects taught at MBBS level. All questions in AIIMS MDS 2019 Entrance Exam will be from subjects taught at BDS level.
How To Prepare For AIIMS PG 2019?
It is said that you need around 6 months of focused preparation to crack AIIMS PG.
April 2018 – August 2018
Understand concepts and learn facts. You will need around 2 weeks for long subjects and 1 week or less for short subjects.
Take mock tests and wrap up theory preparation.
October 2018 – 18 Nov 2018
Revise at least twice.
You can use the following books that have been recommended by those who have cleared AIIMS PG:
|Anatomy||Chaurasia; Arvind Arora|
|Biochemistry||Vasudevan; Rebecca James|
|Pathology||Robbins; Vandana Puri|
|Microbiology||Anathanarayanan; Apurba Shastry|
|Ent||Dhingra; Sakshi Arora|
|Ophthal||Khurana; Sudha Seetharaman|
|Medicine||Harrisons; Deepak Marwah, Vinod Khanna|
|OG||Shaw And Mudaliar; Sakshi Arora|
|Paediatrics||Ghai; Around Arora|
|Ortho||Maheshwary; Apuev Mehra|
|Radiology And Dermatology||Arvind Arora|
Want to recommend any other book? Please comment below.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences is one of the premier institutes for medical studies. It was established as an autonomous institution of national importance and defined its objectives and functions. The institute awards its own medical degrees and other academic distinctions. The most important function of the Institute is to provide opportunities for training teachers for medical colleges in the country in an atmosphere of research and enquiry. The other important objectives of the Institute are to bring together in one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in all the important branches of health activity and to attain self-sufficiency in postgraduate medical education.
Apart from AIIMS Delhi, which is the oldest institute, there are six other AIIMS which have been recently introduced by the government under Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana. Check the list given below:
- AIIMS Bhopal,
- AIIMS Bhubaneswar,
- AIIMS Jodhpur,
- AIIMS Raipur
- AIIMS Rishikesh
- AIIMS Patna
AIIMS PG 2019 Number of Seats
AIIMS releases the number of seats which are available for different courses at all the AIIMS across India. We are providing here the list of last year’s seat availability. It is expected that this year also, the seat division will remain the same. Have a look at the seats available at all the branches of AIIMS.
AIIMS PG 2019 Number of Seats in AIIMS New Delhi
AIIMS PG 2019 Number of Seats in AIIMS Bhopal
AIIMS PG 2019 Number of Seats in AIIMS Bhubaneswar
AIIMS PG 2019 Number of Seats in AIIMS Jodhpur
AIIMS PG 2019 Number of Seats in AIIMS Raipur
AIIMS PG 2019 Number of Seats in AIIMS Rishikesh
AIIMS PG 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the AIIMS PG 2019 Application form, it is necessary that the candidate checks the eligibility criteria. These criteria have been set by the AIIMS. It is important that the aspirant checks the criteria before filing the form so that their application does not get rejected. These are as per the last year’s brochure. Have a look:
- They must possess MBBS degree for MD/MS and BDS degree for MDS courses of a University recognized by the Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India.
- They must have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating Internship/Practical training on or before January 30, 2019.
- The candidate must have obtained a minimum of the following marks in aggregate in all the MBBS/BDS professional examinations
- SC/ST Categories: 50% marks in aggregate.
- For all other categories including OBC Category: 55% marks in aggregate
- For OPH candidates: the minimum aggregate as provided in (i) and (ii) for the category to which the candidate belongs shall apply.
- The candidate must possess an MBBS degree and should have completed the required period of one-year compulsory Internship.
- They must have obtained at least 55% marks in aggregate in all the MBBS professional examinations.
AIIMS PG 2019 Reservation of Seats
AIIMS has set aside some seats under the reservation policies. Those who shall apply through the category must check these reservations and apply accordingly. We are providing here all the division of seats under reservation. Check them below:
- 49.5% of the total Post-Graduate seats are reserved for the category students. This includes 15% for SC, 7.5% ST and 27% for OBC.
- 5 % of seats shall be reserved for Persons (Indian nationals) with Benchmark Disabilities/Orthopedic Physically Handicapped (OPH).
For more information about the reservation, candidates can check the official notification of AIIMS PG 2109 January Session.
AIIMS PG 2019 Registration
AIIMS PG 2019 registration will be available online after the announcement of the online submission of application form from AIIMS official website. Students should fill online registration very carefully. Fill the application form correctly, form filled incorrectly may result in rejection. While submitting the attachments, maintain the format and size of the file as mentioned in the brochure. Students are not allowed to fill more than one application form. Duplicate registration of any candidate will result in the cancellation of all such application. The online payment will be accepted for the application form.
AIIMS PG 2019 Application Form
After checking the eligibility criteria, the next thing that the candidate has to do is fill the application form for AIIMS PG 2019. It is important that they fill the application form on time and avoid last minute hassles. It is the preliminary step.
The AIIMS PG 2019 Application is a multi-step process. Those who want to apply for the exam will have to follow these rules sequentially to complete the application process. Candidates can check the user manual which the AIIMS has provided for complete details about the application process.
How To Apply?
- Visit official website aiimsexams.org.
- Click on academic courses tab and navigate to desired course.
- Click on click here button on new registration for the purpose of registration.
- Now candidates will reach instructions page. Read it completely.
- Enter all details that are asked in new candidate registration form.
- You will enter registration details, then qualification details.
- Then you have to make payment of amount equal to application fee.
- After that you will select centre. Please note that centre allotment is on a first come first serve basis.
- Now you will upload images: photograph, signature, thumb impression.
- You are done; now print filled in AIIMS PG 2019 application form.
At the time of filing the application form, they must have a photograph of theirs and the thumb impression of the candidate.
AIIMS PG 2019 Application Fees
Those who are filling the AIIMS PG 2019 Application form will have to pay a fee to complete the application process. We are providing you with the last year’s application fees. It is expected that this year also, the application fees will remain the same. Check the fees below:
- General/OBC: Rs 1000 + the transaction charges
- SC/ST Category: Rs 800 +transaction charges
- OPH Candidates Exempted from paying any fees
The fees can be paid through Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking. Candidates are advised that they pay the fees on time to avoid deadlines.
AIIMS PG 2019 Admit Card
AIIMS PG 2019 Admit Card is one of the most important documents that a candidate must keep with them safely. It will be used only for those students who successfully registered themselves for the exam before the last date. AIIMS PG 2019 Admit Card will be released online only. It would not be sent to candidates by post. The candidate might need to carry some other important document as well along with the admit card.
The admit card has to be produced by the candidate on the day of the exam. The invigilator will ask the candidate’s admit card for verification purpose. It should be produced by the candidate at that time. If they are not able to produce the admit card at that time, they will not be allowed to take the test.
AIIMS PG 2019 Exam Centers
AIIMS has given the complete list of the test cities. It has to be chosen by the candidate during the filling of the application form. They must choose the city carefully according to their suitability. Check the list below:
AIIMS PG 2019 Result
The result of AIIMS PG 2019 will be declared after the AIIMS PG 2019 exam has been conducted. The result will be declared online on the official website. The result will be declared in the form of a merit list. The merit list will place the candidates according to their marks and the corresponding rank in the exam.
They will be called for the counselling rounds based on the ranks obtained by them in the merit list. It is to be noted that no candidate will be informed about the results individually. They will have to visit the official website to do so.
The result will be calculated as per the minimum cutoff and the percentile score by the candidate. Candidates must score minimum 50th percentile to be able to get a rank in the merit list. Their score will be known as the percentile score.
In case of Ties:
- Candidates obtaining higher aggregate marks in all the MBBS/BDS Professional Examinations shall be placed higher than candidates with lower aggregate marks in MBBS/BDS Professional Examinations.
- In case there is still a tie, after step (i) above, according to age (Date of birth), the older candidate shall get preference over the younger one.
AIIMS PG 2019 Counselling
The counselling will be done after the result is announced. The Counselling will be done on the basis of the entrance examination/written examination result. The candidates have to submit the following documents in the prescribed manner as mentioned below.
- Offer letter
- Registration slip
- Admit card issued by AIIMS
- Marks sheet of MBBS/BDS 1st, 2nd, and 3rd-year professional examination
- MBBS/BDS degree certificate.
- Permanent/Provisional Registrationa Certificate issued by MCI or DCI/State Medical or Dental Council.
- High school/Higher Secondary Certificate/Birth certificate(Matriculation)
- The candidate should present following certificate is applicable
- SC/ST issued by the authority and should be in Hindi or English in language. The community should be mentioned clearly.
- OBC certificate should by the competent authority for central government jobs/ to get admission in central government college/institute. Sub-caste should tally with the central list of OBC. OBC student should not belong to Creamy layer. The OBC certificate should be in the central government format as mentioned in the brochure.
- Physical Disability certificate should be issued by a duly constituted and authorized medical board.
- The candidate is informed that the certificate should be submitted personally, it won’t be accepted by any other person/authority.
- If a candidate does not submit the above mentioned certificate then his/her candidature will be canceled and shall not be allowed to attend in subsequent stages of selection/admission process
If the candidate wants to enquire about Entrance Examination, they can contact the below address for the same:
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110068
Telephone Number: 26589900,26588500
Extension: 6421, 4499,6422 Fax Number: 011 2658 8789
For more information about AIIMS PG Exam: Download Information Brochure.