AIIMS PG 2018 Result has been announced on November 18., 2017. AIIMS conducted AIIMS PG 2018 for January Session on November 12, 2017. The exam was held in Computer Based Mode, from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm for MD / MS admission and from 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm for MDS admission. Only the registered candidates, who also got the admit card were allowed to take the examination. The result of AIIMS PG 2018 is now awaited. It is expected to be announced on November 18, 2017. It will also be released online and on the basis of it, 400 seats will be filled in AIIMS Rishikesh, Bhopal, Raipur, Jodhpur, Bhubaneshwar, Bhopal, and New Delhi. Check AIIMS PG Jan 2018 admission process, eligibility criteria, result, counselling, and more details from this page.
AIIMS PG 2018
The dates for AIIMS PG MD / MS / M.Ch 6 years / DM 6 years / MDS January and July Session has been announced. The candidates may check the date for any session from the table below.
|Event||AIIMS-PG January Session 2018||AIIMS PG July Session 2018|
|Availability of Application Form||12 Sep 2017||–|
|Last date for registration||03 Oct 2017||–|
|Last date for checking the Application Status||12 Oct 2017||–|
|Last date for submission of required documents for Regularization of Rejected Application.||16 Oct 2017||–|
|Last date of receiving the application form duly recommended & forwarded with “NO OBJECTION” certificate for Foreign Nationals||16 Oct 2017||–|
|Issuance of Admit Card||27 Oct 2017||–|
|Date of Examination||12 Nov 2017||06 May 2018|
|Tentative date for Result declaration||18 Nov 2017||12 May 2018|
|1st Round Counseling||07 Dec 2017||05 Jun 2018|
|2nd Round Counselling||18 Dec 2017||12 Jun 2018|
|Open Round of Counselling||23 Feb 2018||24 Aug 2018|
Note: The counselling dates can change at the discretion of AIIMS Delhi. We will inform our readers if such happens.
AIIMS PG 2018 Seat Matrix for January Session
Initially, AIIMS announced 386 seats but now the total seats have been increased to 400. The seats have been added in AIIMS Jodhpur. Candidates may check the number of seat in other AIIMS from the table which is below the image.
The seat matrix for AIIMS PG Jan 2017 is as below. Candidates may check the details matrix from the brochure.
|AIIMS||Number of Seats|
|AIIMS New Delhi||112|
AIIMS PG 2018 Selection Process
All India Institutes of Medical Sciences has set the method of selection for all the courses in AIIMS PG 2018 (January session). Candidates who want to apply for the course in AIIMS must see the method of selection to various degrees as mentioned below:
For [MD/MS/M.Ch (6 years) /DM(6 years)/MDS]
For the selection of the candidates in AIIMS PG [MD/MS/M.Ch (6 years) /DM(6 years)/MDS] January session, an entrance examination shall be conducted through computer based test (CBT). Three (3) Hours will be given to the candidates for MD/MS courses to complete the examination. Candidates who will apply for the MDS Courses have to complete the examination in One and Half (1.5) Hours.
The paper shall contain 200 multiple choice questions for MD/MS courses and 90 questions for MDS courses. The entrance test for MD/MS course will be based on the subjects of MBBS level. Whereas entrance test for MDS will be based on the subjects taught in BDS.
AIIMS PG 2018 (January session) Result
AIIMS Delhi will announce the result of AIIMS PG Jan 2018 as a merit list. AIIMS will release it online and candidates will be able to check it from the link on this page. The candidates will have to seek their Roll Number, Name, and Category on the result pdf. If their details are mentioned on it, then the candidates has qualified the exam. The cutoff percentile is 50 percentile and the candidates who will score more than this will be called for counselling and seat allotment.
AIIMS PG 2018 Counselling
In the counselling of AIIMS PG, seats will be allocated to the candidates. In all, AIIMS will conduct two round of counselling and other than that will also hold one Open round. It will allocate seats on the basis of the preference of the candidate and merit position secured by them.
AIIMS PG 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must check the eligibility before applying for the entrance examination. We have provided the Eligibility Criteria for AIIMS-PG 2018 below:
For [MD/MS/M.Ch (6 years) /DM(6 years)/MDS]
The eligibility criteria for AIIMS PG [MD/MS/M.Ch (6 years) /DM(6 years)/MDS] is as follows:
- Candidates must possess MBBS degree for MD/MS and BDS degree for MDS course from a University recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Candidates must have completed 12 months compulsory rotating Internship/Practical training.
- General and OBC category Candidates should have obtained minimum 55% aggregate marks in qualifying examination (MBBS/BDS)
- Candidates belonging to ST/SC category must have obtained at least 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination (MBBS/BDS)
AIIMS PG 2018 Application Form
The application process for AIIMS PG January session 2018 is over. Now, the application process for July session will begin. The common instructions to fill and submit the application form are as below:
The instructions to apply for the examination are as follows:
- The first step is filling in details int he registration form, such as personal information, contact details, and address. After that, the system will Registration ID and password. Candidates must note it down.
- In the second step, fill the qualification details and experience if applicable.
- After that make payment for the application fee through online payment by using Debit/ Credit or Net banking.
|General/ OBC||Rs.1000/- + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|SC/ST||Rs.800/- +Transaction Charges as applicable|
|OPH candidates||OPH Candidates are exempted from payment of any Fee|
- After the successful payment, choose the center of your choice
- Upload the scanned images of Photograph, signature and left thumb in the online application form. The candidates must upload the images as per the given specifications:
|Particulars||Size||Dimensions (Width X Length)|
|Photograph||10 kb-100 kb||3.5 X 4.5 cms|
|Signature||10 kb-100 kb||6 X 3 cms|
|Left Thumb Impression||10 kb-100 kb||4 X 3 cms|
- The last step is to print the registration form after completion of all the steps as discussed above.
AIIMS PG Admit Card 2018
The admit card for AIIMS PG 2018 is available online for download. The conducting authority only issues AIIMS PG Admit Card 2018 to those candidates whose application form it accepts. The Admit card contains the Date, Time and Venue of the examination. Candidates need Registration ID and Password to download it. Without the admit card, the authority at the exam hall does not allow the candidates to enter the exam hall or take the exam.
AIIMS PG Exam Pattern
AIIMS only hold AIIMS PG Entrance Examination in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode. The duration of the examination will be 3 hours for MD /MS Courses and One and a half hours (90 minutes) for MDS Courses.
The Competitive Entrance Examination will have one paper in English consisting of
For MD /MS: 200 Objective Type Multiple Choice type questions
For MDS: 90 Objective Type Multiple Choice type questions
Syllabus for entrance test
- The syllabus for entrance test for MD/MS will cover all the subjects taught at M.B.B.S. level
- The syllabus for entrance test for MDS will cover all the subjects taught at BDS level.
- Each question carries 1 marks.
- There will be a negative marking of 1/3rd for every incorrect answer.
- AIIMS will neither allocated or deduct marks for unattempted questions.