AIIMS MBBS 2018 Result has been announced on June 18, 2018. The result is available in pdf format and consist of details of thse candidates who have qualified the entrance test. All India Institute of Medical Sciences held the medical entrance exam on May 26 and 27 in two shifts on each day. Those who qualify with cutoff marks will be able to appear in counselling. AIIMS MBBS 2018 is conducted for admission to MBBS program in AIIMS New Delhi and 8 other AIIMS. Get here complete details of AIIMS MBBS 2018 such as dates, application form, admit card, question papers with solutions, result, counselling, cutoff, seats.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) has announced AIIMS MBBS Result 2018. The result was published today at 1 PM. You can now check it online. We wish you all the good luck in the world for this result. May you qualify with excellent rank!
Check AIIMS 2018 Result – Click Here
The cut off has dropped marginally from last year.
Check AIIMS 2018 Cut Off – Click here
Four students have topped the exam with 100 percentile.
Meet the AIIMS 2018 Toppers – Click here
AIIMS will do online counselling for the first time. Candidates can familiarize themselves with the mock counselling.
Know about AIIMS 2018 Counselling – Click here
AIIMS MBBS 2018
Marks vs Rank in AIIMS 2018
A lot of students have been asking about AIIMS 2018 Marks vs Rank. Everybody wants to know what rank to expect at the marks they are getting. Unfortunately, there is no way to predict rank on basis of marks because AIIMS 2018 Rank is calculated from percentile.
Understanding AIIMS 2018 Result
- Since AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam 2018 was held in four shifts, percentile is used for ranking instead of score.
- Marks obtained in AIIMS 2018 is referred to as the raw score. On basis of raw score, candidate’s percentile in that shift is calculated.
- Likewise percentiles of all candidates are calculated in each shift.
- Then percentiles of shifts are merged to create one single ranking for AIIMS 2018.
- As per the single merit list so obtained, rank obtained in AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam 2018 is calculated and announced in result.
04 Jun 2018: NEET 2018 Result announced; cut off drops.
- CBSE announced NEET 2018 Result one day earlier than the scheduled date.
- This year the cutoff has dropped drastically. It is 119 for general category as against 131 of last year, 96 for SC/ST/OBC as against 107 of last year.
28 May 2018: AIIMS MBBS 2018: Question Papers with Solutions released.
- The entrance exam was held in online computer based test mode. Therefore hard copy of question papers was not available.
- Even so, coaching centres have compiled memory based question papers with solutions.
- Candidates can check the question papers with solutions to analyse their exam performance.
27 May 2018: AIIMS MBBS 2018: Analysis published.
- Entrance exam was held successfully on May 26 and May 27. On each day, two shifts were held.
- As per the exam analysis, physics was very difficult. Chemistry and biology were easy-moderate.
- Overall difficulty of exam was lower than that of last year, therefore experts predict a rise in cutoff.
22 May 2018: AIIMS MBBS 2018: Important Instructions For Exam
10 May 2018: AIIMS MBBS 2018: Admit Card Released
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences has issued AIIMS MBBS 2018 Admit Card today at aiimsexams.org.
- Candidates can access AIIMS MBBS 2018 Login to download their admit card / hall ticket.
- In order to login, enter candidate ID, password, captcha and hit login button.
08 May 2018: AIIMS MBBS 2018: Notice for PWBD candidates
- The institute hereby informs all candidates who have applied under PWBD category that they should upload their latest PWBD category certificate by a competent medical authority for initial verification.
- Candidates must upload certificate between 09 May 2018 and 12 May 2018 (5 PM). In order to upload certificates, candidates need to login using candidate ID and password on AIIMS website www.aiimsexams.org under Academic Courses tab.
- AIIMS MBBS 2018 is scheduled to be held on 26 May 2018 and 27 May 2018 (two shifts per day).
- Candidates are requested to note that this is urgent and those who do not upload certificates, AIIMS shall cancel their candidature without any further communication.
21 Apr 2018: AIIMS MBBS 2018 Application Form Correction
- All the candidates who have registered for AIIMS MBBS 2018 are hereby informed that the e-mail id for correspondence with Exam Section for AIIMS, New Delhi was changed [email protected] to [email protected] 23rdMarch, 2018 due to technical reasons.
- The new Email ID was uploaded on the login page. Ever since all communications have been carried out from this new e- mail id.
- Most emails sent on previous email id related to some correction in the AIIMS MBBS 2018 Application Form have already been addressed and responded to either through the previous emailid or new emailid.
- In case any corrections in Application Forms requested by you has not been addressed as yet, you are advised to communicate the same to e-mail [email protected] by 22ndApril, 2018. After 22nd April, 2018 requests for any correction in the applicationform will not be entertained under any circumstances whatsoever .
- Trend Analysis
- Application Form | Correction
- How to apply
- Check form status
- Exam Centres
- Admit Card
- Forgot Password
- Seats and Reservation
- Cut Off and Qualifying Marks
- Cut Off To Get Admission in AIIMS Delhi (and Other AIIMS)
Important Dates of AIIMS MBBS 2018
Keep a track of ongoing AIIMS MBBS 2018 entrance exam events by the schedule given below. Most exam event dates are available. AIIMS released AIIMS MBBS Admission 2018 information brochure, as per which, all dates have been updated here.
|Commencement of online application form submission||05 Feb 2018|
|Last date for form submission||05 Mar 2018|
|Chance given to candidates to complete form, complete deficiencies if they have paid fee||08 – 12 Mar 2018|
|Last chance to edit the application form||16-18 Apr 2018|
|Availability of final status for application form||20 Apr 2018|
|Availability of downloadable admit cards from AIIMS website||10 May 2018|
|AIIMS MBBS 2018 Exam Dates|
|Date of computer based exam||26, 27 May 2018|
|Declaration of result||18 Jun 2018|
|Counselling (will be updated after result)|
|First counselling for admission to AIIMS MBBS||03, 04, 05, 06 Jul 2018|
|Second counselling for admission to AIIMS MBBS||02 Aug 2018|
|Third counselling for admission to AIIMS MBBS||04 Sep 2018|
|Open counselling for admission if required||27 Sep 2018|
In-depth information on AIIMS MBBS 2018 eligibility, AIIMS MBBS 2018 preparation, AIIMS cut off and qualifying marks are given in following articles.
AIIMS conducted the entrance exam as a computer based test on Sunday, May 26 and 27, 2018. There were two shifts on each day.
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Cut Off
To determine the eligibility for the admission into the course, the minimum cut off set for each candidate which would be applicable for one and all depending on their category is as follows:-
Cutoff Percentile of last year
The cut off percentile of the qualified candidates determined according to procedure mentioned in the The category wise cut off percentile of qualified candidates are as follows:-
- UR – 99.0014978
- OBC (NCL) – 97.4205359
- SC/ST – 94.1220114
Normalization Procedure has been adopted from 2017 onwards. It shall be based on the
- Inter-se merit
- Ranking used during Counseling for allotment of seats and
- On Percentiles.
These scores are then transformed into a scale ranging from 100 to 0 for each shift to indicate the percentage of marks obtained by the candidates who score some marks or lower raw scores. After that, the highest score of each shift will get the same Percentile of 100 which is desirable. The marks obtained in AIIMS MBBS 2018 in between the highest and lowest scores are also converted to appropriate Percentiles. The then acquired is the Percentile score after normalization. The Percentile Scores are usually calculated till up to 7 decimal places to avoid bunching effect.
AIIMS MBBS Statistics
AIIMS MBBS 01st round of admission list was announced on 14 June to fill 700 seats. Nishita Purohit aged 18 from Surat dominated the charts. She obtained All India Rank 1. In the competitive exam, a total of 3,64,242 candidates registered and 2,84,737 candidates appeared in the examination.
Of all these huge numbers, a total of 4,905 candidates qualified in this examination declared eligible for admission to 01st round of counselling.
|Total candidates registered||Candidates Appeared||Qualified candidates|
MBBS in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
AIIMS MBBS (Bachelors in Medicine and Bachelors in Surgery) is one of the prestigious entrance exams in India. It is conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences. It is an autonomous body based in New Delhi, India. The Institute was established in 1956 and operates under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. It offers medical, dental, nursing degrees. MBBS is the first professional degree in medicine and surgery awarded upon graduation from medical school by colleges in India.
About AIIMS New Delhi
All India Institute of Medical Sciences is an autonomous institution of national importance. The first batch of undergraduate medical students got admission in 1956. At that time the number of seats was 50, which gradually increased to 77, and now it is 107.
About Eight Other AIIMS
The eight new AIIMS are located at Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Guntur (new), Jodhpur, Nagpur (new), Patna, Raipur and Rishikesh. AIIMS Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur and Rishikesh were started in 2017, each with an intake capacity of 100 students per institute. AIIMS Guntur, Nagpur were started in 2018, each with an intake capacity of 50 students per institute.
Special Eligibility Criteria for AIIMS MBBS 2018
Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) – Candidates who are overseas citizens of India registered under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 can appear in entrance exam. Terms and conditions applicable on Indian nationals are also applicable on them. They need to submit proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955.
Foreign Nationals (FN) only for AIIMS New Delhi – Government of India nominated Foreign candidates must have 50% marks in aggregate in subjects English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology in their intermediate science or equivalent examination to be eligible for MBBS.
What’s new in AIIMS MBBS 2018?
The notification released on February 2, 2018 has some surprises.
Admission will be offered to AIIMS New Delhi and 8 other AIIMS. Earlier there used to be AIIMS New Delhi and 6 other AIIMS. This is good for applicants as this means there will be more seats.
Exam will be held on two days instead of one. Initially AIIMS had notified, in AIIMS MBBS 2018 calendar, that date of MBBS entrance exam would be May 27, 2018. But now this notice says that exam will be held on May 26 as well as May 27, 2018. On each day, there will be two shifts (9.00 AM to 12.30 PM, and 3 PM to 6.30 PM)
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Application Form
In order to appear for AIIMS MBBS 2018, candidates had to first apply. It was advisable to read prospectus and help manual before applying. Know important details of application form of AIIMS MBBS 2018 here.
- AIIMS MBBS Application Form 2018 was available online at aiimsexams.org.
- Registration of applications on AIIMS website was available for a one month window in February-March.
- Candidates must have filled all fields in the form.
- Changes that could be done during registration process include Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Gender, Nationality, Marital Status.
- Editing details such as name, DOB, category, exam centre may not be possible later.
Steps To Register
How to fill AIIMS MBBS 2018 Application Form? – Fill the registration form with Full Name, DOB, Category, Gender, Email, contact number. Pay the amount as application form charges. Fill centre choice, qualification details. Upload scanned images. Print registration slip.
Application fee for AIIMS MBBS entrance exam 2018 is has been changed this year. The following table contains fee amount of this year.
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||Rs. 1200|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Rs. 1200|
Specifications for uploading images
Candidates must upload documents adhering to given specifications.
|Specifications for||Dimensions||Dpi||File size||Format|
|Photograph||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm||200||50 – 100 Kb||.jpg / .jpeg / .gif / .png|
|Signature||3 cm x 6 cm||200||20 – 100 Kb||.jpg / .jpeg / .gif / .png|
|Thumb impression||4 cm x 3 cm||200||20 – 100 Kb||.jpg / .jpeg / .gif / .png|
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Admit Card
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Admit Card was available for download from May 10, 2018. Candidates could download it from aiimsexams.org. Admit card of AIIMS MBBS 2018 was only uploaded for eligible and accepted applications. If your admit card was not available on website then you should have contacted Asstt. Controller Examinations, AIIMS, New Delhi-110 608 along with full particulars of the Registration of application form by sending an email on [email protected]
How to download AIIMS MBBS 2018 Admit Card?
- You can download it by logging in.
- In order to login, enter candidate ID and password.
- After downloading it, take a printout. Hard copy (printout) should be brought to exam hall.
AIIMS will not send admit card by post. On day of exam, bring it along with an original photo ID. It should be kept safely for counselling process also.
Number of Seats
If the image is unclear, please pinch and zoom. Please note that now two new AIIMS have been added. So seats have increased.
AIIMS Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2018
AIIMS MBBS entrance exam is a computer based test.
AIIMS MBBS 2018 will have a single paper (online) consisting of 200 multiple choice questions. Note that at this juncture this is a likelihood only since AIIMS MBBS 2018 information brochure is yet to be released. Based on past year papers, details of AIIMS MBBS exam pattern is given as follows.
|Subject||Number of questions||Marks|
|Biology (Botany and Zoology)||60||60|
|Aptitude and Logical thinking||10||10|
Reason-assertion and MCQs
- There will be 140 multiple choice questions.
- Also there will be 60 reason-assertion questions. RA questions will be in all subjects except general knowledge / aptitude.
- Marks for correct answer: 1 mark
- Negative marks for incorrect answer: ⅓ (one-third) marks
AIIMS MBBS entrance exam is designed to suit the academic background of a 10+2 qualified science with bio background student.
AIIMS does not prescribe any specific syllabus for MBBS entrance exam. Candidates are advised to study standard syllabus prescribed by boards for 12th class under 10+2 / intermediate scheme for those subjects that are in examination.
Language of question paper shall be English or Hindi. Candidates opt for either language at the time of filling up their application forms.
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Examination Centers
The states where the examination will be held are in Andaman and Nicobar, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Jammu and kashmir, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Telangana, Delhi, Haryana, Himachal pradesh, Chandigarh, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Kerala, Puducherry, Tamilnadu, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Goa.
AIIMS Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria of AIIMS MBBS 2018 entrance exam is as described below.
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Age limit – Candidate should have attained or will be 17 years old as on 31 December 2018. Those who are born on or after January 2, 2002 will be ineligible.
Educational qualification – Candidate should have passed class 12 exam under a recognized scheme of examination. Candidate should have studied English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology as subject. In English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, aggregate percentage should be at least 60% for general and OBC candidates, and 50% for SC / ST / OPH candidates.
Special note for students who have passed exam of an Indian / foreign university that has to be considered equivalent to class 12 under 10+2 scheme / intermediate science examination: Such candidates must produce a certificate from concerned university / Association of Indian universities to the effect that that examination is equivalent to class 12 / intermediate exam of 10+2 scheme / intermediate.
If you have any queries regarding AIIMS MBBS 2018, please ask in comments below.
If you have any queries regarding AIIMS MBBS 2018, please ask in comments below.