AIIMS 2018 Result – AIIMS has announced AIIMS 2018 Result at aiimsexams.org on 18 June 2018 at 1 PM. All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is offering MBBS admission to 807 seats on basis of AIIMS Result. The result of AIIMS 2018 indicates list of candidates eligible for first round counselling. Candidates can check rank wise merit list as well as roll number wise merit list here. Those who are eligible for counselling can also download counselling letter at aiimsexams.org and attend counselling for admission. Get detailed information related to AIIMS 2018 Result such as scorecard, merit list, cut-off, counselling from this page. Availability of AIIMS 2018 Result scorecard will also be at aiimsexams.org candidate login.
- AIIMS 2018 Result Date: 18 June 2018
- AIIMS 2018 Result Time: 1 PM
- Website: aiimsexams.org
⇒ AIIMS 2018 Toppers Available – Click Here
You Should Also Read
AIIMS 2018 Result
The number of seats available in AIIMS for UR, OBC, SC, ST are 400, 215, 121, 64 respectively. The number of candidates who qualify for the first round of counselling on basis of AIIMS 2018 Result will be 1600, 860, 484, and 256. Candidates can check result from this page and official website as soon as it is announced.
|AIIMS 2018 Exam Date||26, 27 May 2018|
|AIIMS 2018 Result Declaration||18 Jun 2018|
|First counselling||03-06 Jul 2018|
|Orientation of new batch at AIIMS New Delhi and visit to CRHSP Ballabhgarh Community Development Block||09-11 Jul 2018|
|7 Days Orientation program by CREST||12-18 Jul 2018|
|Teacher mentor program at AIIMS New Delhi||19 Jul 2018|
|Commencement of classes at AIIMS New Delhi||01 Aug 2018|
|Second counselling||02 Aug 2018|
|Third counselling||04 Sep 2018|
|Open counselling||27 Sep 2018|
AIIMS does not send the result by post or any other means. Hence candidates should check the result in online mode only.
AIIMS 2018 Result – Roll Number Wise
Click here to download AIIMS 2018 Result roll number wise.
AIIMS 2018 Result – Rank Wise
Click here to download AIIMS 2018 Result rank wise.
Candidates are requested to note that there is no scope for re-evaluation or re-checking after result is announced.
How to Check AIIMS 2018 Result?
Candidates can now check AIIMS result online. Follow the steps given below to check result.
- Candidates can either click on results given above or go to the official website aiimsexams.org.
- At official website, click on the “Academic Courses” button on the homepage.
- After that, you will get various courses list. To check the result click on the MBBS link.
- After clicking the link, you will land on the AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam 2018 official website. Here you will see rank wise merit list, roll number wise merit list, and link to download scorecard.
- When you click on any of the merit lists, you will see a PDF file with list of qualified candidates.
- In order to download scorecard, candidates have to log in using the credentials such as Candidate’s ID, Password, and Captcha. Then click on the log in button.
- You will get your result. Take the printout of the result for the future reference.
AIIMS 2018 Cut Off
According to the practice adopted by AIIMS and in accordance with the decision of governing body the cut-off of the written exam is given below in the table. The candidates will have to score at least equal to or more from the given cut-off.
AIIMS 2018 Cutoff Percentile to qualify for counselling
Last Rank For Admission To AIIMS
The last rank at which admission will be offered to AIIMS New Delhi and 8 Other AIIMS will be known once admission process is over. Then you will know what was the least rank required for admission. Until then, you can check out last year’s cut off to get an idea of what could be the last ranks.
2017 – AIIMS Cut Off Ranks
|Name of AIIMS||Gen||OBC||SC||ST|
|AIIMS New Delhi||52||5590||1143||4478|
2016 – AIIMS Cut Off Ranks
|Name of AIIMS||Gen||OBC||SC||ST|
|AIIMS New Delhi||37||256||1138||2825|
How Many Candidates Have Appeared In AIIMS 2018?
It is reported that more than 4 lakh candidates applied for AIIMS 2018. Exact figures will be revealed along with result of AIIMS 2018.
Number of candidates appeared / applied for AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam – this year and earlier:
How Is AIIMS 2018 Result Calculated?
Step 1 – Applicants are divided into two shifts on two days.
The exam was held on May 26 and 27 with two shifts on each day. So the raw score, percentage, percentile will be prepared for both the shifts but only a single merit list will be prepared for all the candidates. The candidates were distributed in two shifts each in two days for the exam. So the candidates will be merged of both the shifts to prepare the result. The result will be prepared as the points given below.
Step 2 – Result of each shift is prepared.
- Raw Score: The raw score is the that which will be calculated on the basis of the correct and incorrect answers given by the candidate. It will be the individual score of the candidates.
- Percentage: The percentage will be calculated on the basis of the total marks obtained by the candidate and the total marks of the question paper.
- Percentile: The percentile will be calculated up to 7 decimal numbers for each subject (Biology, Physics, Chemistry and General Knowledge) and the total. The total will not be an average or aggregate percentile of the individual subjects.
For AIIMS 2018 Result, the following percentiles are calculated for each candidate.
Step 3 – Preparation of overall Rank / Merit List
The institute then merges percentile of both shifts to create a single merit listing.
Step 4 – Resolution of ties
As per tie breaking explained below, ties are resolved for the purpose of arriving at AIIMS 2018 Result.
Here is an example to explain to you how AIIMS arrives at AIIMS 2018 Result.
Tie Breaking For AIIMS 2018 Result
If two or more candidates get the same percentile, then the following method is used to break the tie.
- First, their marks in Biology is compared. One with higher marks in Biology gets a higher rank.
- If there is still a tie then their marks in Chemistry are compared.
- If tie persists then their marks in Physics are used to break the tie.
- However if tie persists even then, then age is considered. Candidate who is older in age gets a higher rank.
AIIMS 2018 Merit List
The merit list will be made on the basis of the marks gained by the candidates in both the shifts. The candidates will be merged of both the shifts to prepare the merit list. The merit list will be prepared as below based on the percentile scores:
Common Merit List: The common merit list will be prepared for the general category candidates and the SC/ST/OBC candidates who will be failed to eligible for the reserved vacancies. The merit list will be made on the basis of the marks obtained in the written exam.
SC Merit List: The separate merit list will be prepared for the candidates who will belong to the scheduled caste category on the basis of the obtained marks.
ST Merit List: The candidates who will belong to the scheduled tribe category will be considered for the ST merit list.
OBC Merit List: A separate merit list will be made for the other backward classes candidates. The merit list will be prepared according to the marks obtained in the written exam.
Counseling for Admission To AIIMS
After the release of the AIIMS 2018 Result, the counseling process will be done. In the counseling process, the candidates will have to fill the institute among the nine AIIMS and according to their rank, the institute will be assigned to them. First, the seats will be filled by the open (UR) competition. The candidates will be called for the counseling according to the rank in the merit list whether they belong to UR, SC, ST, and OBC. After that, the reserved category candidates such as SC/ST/OBC will fill up the seats. The candidates will have to submit the specified documents at the time of counseling. If the candidates will be unable to do so then the candidature will be cancelled.
There are 9 AIIMS in all and these offer 807 seats in total. Check the complete list from below:
|S.No.||Name Of AIIMS||Number Of Seats|
|1||AIIMS, New Delhi||107|
Category-wise distribution of seats in AIIMS is given below.
About All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
AIIMS New Delhi is the oldest All India Institute of Medical Sciences in India. It was established in the year 1956. After that, in the year 2012, six new AIIMS were established at Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur, Rishikesh. Most recently, AIIMS Guntur and Nagpur have opened where admission is being offered for the first time in the academic session 2018-19.
After checking AIIMS 2018 Result, some of the things you should know of include fees, internship. They are explained below.
AIIMS Fee Structure
|S.No.||Academic and Other Fees||Amount||Hostel and Other Fees||Amount|
|1||Registration fee||25||Hostel rent||990|
|2||Caution money||100||Gymkhana fee||220|
|3||Tuition fee||1352||Pot fund||1320|
|4||Laboratory fee||90||Electricity charges||198|
|5||Student union fee||63||Mess security (refundable)||500|
|6||Hostel security (refundable)||1000|
Ranking of AIIMS New Delhi and 8 Other AIIMS
As per the NIRF Ranking 2018, AIIMS New Delhi is the top medical college in India. It got a score of 90.71 out of 100. In terms of teaching, learning and resources AIIMS New Delhi got 94.85. Research and professional practice score is 100 out of 100, as well as Perception. In terms of Graduation outcomes, AIIMS New Delhi got 72.24. Outreach and inclusivity score for it is 78.14.
After AIIMS New Delhi, students are often confused about which is a good college. In this regard, there is no official ranking of other eight AIIMS.
To help you make a decision, we looked at some of the threads answered on quora and reached out to others in the field. The following points may help you take a decision.
- AIIMS Jodhpur is considered to be the best after AIIMS New Delhi. It has good hostel, hospital, college.
- AIIMS Bhubaneswar is lauded for its library, faculty, and number of OPDs. Its only drawbacks until some time ago was the infrastructure.
- AIIMS Patna has proved itself despite average infrastructure. Faculty is said to be good, and so are labs.
- AIIMS Bhopal is also good, albeit has lesser patient flow than some others. However the number of OPDs are impressive.
- AIIMS Rishikesh has infrastructure comparable to Jodhpur. However number of OPDs and patients is lesser.
- AIIMS Raipur has good faculty. However its infrastructure is not said to be good.
- AIIMS Guntur and AIIMS Nagpur are very new colleges and hence not much feedback is available for either.
AIIMS 2018 Result Frequently Asked Questions
Question. AIIMS 2018 Result: How many marks out of 200 is needed to get admission in AIIMS?
Answer. If you are wondering about how many marks out of 200 do you need to get admission in AIIMS, then let us tell you that there is no fixed marks as such. AIIMS 2018 was held in 4 shifts and hence there will not be any marks vs rank data to help you estimate your rank or admission chances. In AIIMS 2018 Result, you will get percentile and rank. In terms of rank, we can throw some light on expected cutoff for admission. The expected cutoff (rank) for AIIMS 2018 admission on basis of AIIMS 2018 result for UR, OBC, SC, ST are 2000, 7000, 18000, 18000 respectively.
AIIMS 2018 Toppers
All the best to all students for AIIMS 2018 Result. You are all wonderful and we are sure your result will be awesome. May you be the topper of AIIMS 2018! 🙂
Last year’s toppers of AIIMS Entrance Exam
AIR 1 – Nishita Purohit
Nishita Purohit from Gujarat bagged the first rank in AIIMS entrance exam. She also got excellent score (91.4%) in CBSE board exams and plans to study cardiology or radiology.
AIR 2 – Archit Gupta
Hailing from Indore, Madhya Pradesh, Archit Gupta was elated to get the second rank in AIIMS results. He also got AIR 35 in JIPMER.
AIR 3 – Tamoghna Ghosh
West Bengal boy Tamoghna Ghosh, who got rank 3 in AIIMS had also secured a good rank in JEE and was selected in IIT Delhi. However he realized his dream was to become a doctor and landed with the excellent rank.