At AIIMS New Delhi and other eight AIIMS institutes, there are 807 seats. There is immense competition for them. Reason being, AIIMS is unparalleled in terms of reputation when it comes to medical sciences in India. Thus, scoring high is important in AIIMS 2018. Know all about AIIMS 2018 preparation strategy, tips, and books.
AIIMS 2018 is an online entrance exam. It will have 200 multiple choice questions. Its marking scheme is +1, -1/3. There will be five sections namely physics – 60 questions, chemistry – 60 questions, biology – 60 questions, general knowledge – 10 questions, aptitude and logical thinking – 10 questions. Marks obtained as per marking scheme will be raw score, that will be converted to percentage and percentile for the purpose of determining eligibility and checking against cut off.
- This competitive entrance examination of MBBS 2018 will be conducted through the computer based test (online) by the AIIMS, New Delhi.
- The examination may conduct in two days in the month of May 2018.
- The duration of exam will be of 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- The national level exam will have one paper consisting of 200 Objective Type (Multiple-Choice and Reason-Assertion type) questions from the subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge/Aptitude. The distribution of the questions is in the following way:
|SUBJECT||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS|
|Biology(Botany and Zoology)||60|
|Aptitude and Logical Thinking||10|
Standard of Examination – The general standard for the AIIMS MBBS 2018 entrance examination will be that of the 12th standard under the 10+2 Scheme/Intermediate Science. There will be no prescribed syllabus by the Institution of the examination.
Language of the Examination- Candidates will be provided automated question paper which will be either in English/Hindi according to their choice. Candidates will have to choose the language option at the time of application and once it is filled in the application form then it will not be changed later at any stage.
Scheme of Marking
- Each correct answer will get a score 1 mark.
- Each wrong answer will get a score of -1/3 mark (minus one-third).
- No marks will be given for the not answered or marked for review questions.
Cut- Off Scores – According to the Governing Body of AIIMS, New Delhi, the minimum necessary cut-off in the entrance examination to determine the eligibility for admission in MBBS 2018 is as follows:
General Category : 50%
OBC (Non Creamy Layer) : 45%
SC/ST : 40%
*Note- the percentile corresponding to the above mentioned cut-off scores will be used to determine eligibility. If the percentile will be dissimilar/unequal in both shifts then the lower percentile will be considered for the eligibility cut-off for all categories for admission.
Methods of Resolving Ties- The overall merit/rank will be based on the percentile scored by the candidate. The method adopted for breaking ties is as follows:
- Biology- If the candidate will get higher percentile scores in Biology then that will result in high ranking.
- Chemistry- if the Biology scores will not be able to break the tie then higher percentile scores in Chemistry will result in high ranking.
- Physics- if Biology and Chemistry both will not break the tie then higher percentile scores in Physics will lead to high ranking.
- Age- if all the three subjects will not break the tie then the candidate who will be elder by age will rank high.
Once the candidate will know everything related to the examination then he/she will have to start preparing for the computer based test with the help of various online and offline study sources, proper study plan, time schedule etc to get excellent scores in the AIMMS MBBS 2018 Entrance Examination.
How to Prepare for AIIMS MBBS 2018
Candidates who will appear for the AIIMS MBBS 2018 entrance examination will need to follow some important things if he/she wants to crack the examination and get admission in MBBS program.
Firstly, there are candidates who will find a good coaching centre that will guide them for the examination and others are those who will do self-study. So, the candidates who will do self-preparation face more problem then the coaching candidates. But the preparation strategies for both the group of candidates will be similar which is as follows:
- Time Schedule- All the candidates will have to make a proper time schedule, as for how many hours he/she will going to study in a day. This will help the candidate to be more focused and persistent for the examination. The difference here is that the candidates who will take coaching will have proper classes with a fixed time schedule. But, for candidates who will do self-study will have to set a time schedule on their own and they will need to be more focused and persistent to their time-tables.
- Study Plan- The next important thing that the candidates will need to do for preparation is to have a study plan. For that, coaching candidates will get all the material from the coaching itself. But other candidates will have to make a study plan through referring to the various study material provided online and offline like Books, Sample/Model Test Papers, Previous Years Question Papers, and Online Mock Test.
- Regularity – All the candidates will need to be regular for their studying. They will have to stick to their plans and schedules; otherwise it will be difficult for them to pass the examination. So, regularity will play a very vital role in the preparation of the candidates for AIIMS MBBS 2018.
Recommended Books for Preparation for AIIMS MBBS 2018
Firstly, candidates will have to study NCERT Books of Physics, Chemistry and Biology of 11th and 12th standard. Secondly, there are some additional books which a candidate can refer to which is as follows:
Best Biology Books
- Trueman’s Biology Vol. 1& 2
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- A C Dutta for Bbotany (Oxford Publication)
- Prakash Objective Biology
Best Chemistry Books
- Modern ABC of Chemistry for Class 11th and 12th (volume 1 and 2)
- Physics Chemistry by O P Tandon
- Arihant Organic Chemistry
Best Physics Books
- H C Verma for Physics
- Aggarwal’s Concept Of Competition Physics for CBSE PMT
- Objective Physics for Medical Entrance Examination (Volume 1 and 2)
Few Preparation tips for AIIMS MBBS 2018
- Candidates will have to go through the official website www.aiimsexams.org for examination updates.
- Candidates will have to stick to their study plans and schedules.
- Candidates should consider only good study material; they don’t need to waste time on every study material, as time is very important for their preparation.
- Candidates can discuss their issues or difficult topics with teachers, tutors and class mates.
- Candidates must focus on their strong as well as weak areas of study and then prepare accordingly.
- Candidates should not use mobile phones, social websites; as it will divert them from their agenda.
- Most importantly, candidates will have to take care of their health. For that they can do exercises and yoga.